Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 10:18 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,171,127 times

Advertisements

Why not follow God's word in its entirety?

Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
You think every conservative is extremely religious and the all liberals are not ?

Old 07-15-2015, 10:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Because BACON!

Old 07-15-2015, 11:50 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
There is a flavor for everyone, your choice. It is called religious freedom. Different interpreattions.

Why do liberals live in such an absolute world? If we agreed on 95 % of issues and disagreed with one, a liberal would consider you an enemy. Sounds like Islam is your kind of religion. Plenty take a literal interpretation of God's word and thus the stoning and revenge killings, etc. With all dissent out of the way it is a relgion of peace.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because BACON!
And adultery.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:01 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
I guess the answer to your question is that you have not spent sufficient time with the New Testament. In particular, you have not spent sufficient time with the Pauline Epistles. Had you done so you would not be asking that question. You would understand that Christianity (which I assume you mean in the above post) has rejected the idea that the law (which brings death) is what we point to.

More particularly let me also state that "conservatives" are not Christian. I am. in fact, I am both a devout Christian and a Conservative that leans libertarian in a number of areas.

I suggest you read the book of Romans.... 5 or 6 times.... slowly...and get a Mathew Henry's commentary to use in Parallel.

I suggest you do this online where you can use 5 or 6 different translations.
Start with the King James... its complicated but very accurate.
I suggest also the New Living Translation, as well as English Standard Translation, English Revised.
you may also enjoy adding in Gods Word translation but that needs to be used with some care as it is a thought by thought translation in very modern terms...

once you do that you should have a solid bases of understanding why Christians don't want to live under the Torah.

Beyond that let me state as a Christian, on the biggest political subject of our time relating to the subject of American Politics and Christian faith, I do NOT want to prevent anyone from getting married. I just don't want people of faith (any faith) from being forced to participate in an activity they have always viewed as sin.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:08 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Which God would that be?

Old 07-15-2015, 12:10 PM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Beyond that let me state as a Christian, on the biggest political subject of our time relating to the subject of American Politics and Christian faith, I do NOT want to prevent anyone from getting married. I just don't want people of faith (any faith) from being forced to participate in an activity they have always viewed as sin.
In other words you want Christians to have the right to legally discriminate against gay people. What other forms of discrimination would you allow based on a self proclaimed belief that a certain activity is a sin?

Old 07-15-2015, 12:12 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
because then they'd be forced to smite their neighbors for not observing the Sabbath

Old 07-15-2015, 12:17 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
In other words you want Christians to have the right to legally discriminate against gay people. What other forms of discrimination would you allow based on a self proclaimed belief that a certain activity is a sin?
It would seem that you believe that only people that act the way YOU tell them to act are allowed to participate in society.

which one of us is seeking more freedom for all, and which of us is behaving as a totalitarian dictator?

by YOUR standard, you support discrimination against people of faith in the same way (according to you) I seek discrimination against gay people.

So lets balance these standards.

Both of us discriminate (according to you NOT ME)
Only 1 of us seek greater freedom for every person. (Me)

my position is morally and socially superior in a free society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies