Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 03:31 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
There is an agenda and it starts with Obama and other Progressive/Democratic elected officials then included various media outlets. When you consider who runs much of the media/entertainment industry and their recent promotion of gay equality none of this comes as a surprise.

Previously at least trans had to have surgery to be considered a sex different from their birth. Now at least far as the federal and several state or local governments are concerned gender is whatever one "identifies" or "feels comfortable" with. You can now get a US passport with "Female" even if built differently below the waist than a normal woman. Ditto in several states or local areas where everything from driver's licenses to new birth certificates will be issued based upon the same.

Cities are pushing for the end of public and private separate "Gents" and "Ladies" restrooms in favor of unisex. Transgender girls apparently can use the female locker room and bathroom in California and other states/local areas, again this even when they are not built the same below the waist.

You mark my words, someone is going to take this too far. If they try to make a trans Miss. Georgia all heck is going to break loose.
I wonder after progressive libs get rid of sex identity, will they finally reach their goal of getting rid of race identity? It will be just like in the movie The Jerk, a pale white person can say "I was born a poor black child", or maybe "I found my special purpose, to become a woman!".

Old 07-18-2015, 04:10 AM

943 posts, read 782,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOTRfan283 View Post
I mean, seriously? I am just tired of it! It's literally everywhere I go, I can't go to Yahoo, CNN, ABC, without some mention of either Trans Gendered people or Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner. I refuse to believe that God makes people a man or a woman but yet instills in their genetic makeup something else that makes them feel the opposite way, that is totally asinine.

What got me was the recent Family Circle article about the family with a transgendered 7 yr old boy...yeah that's right, 7 YEARS OLD. I think that is horrible! What are people thinking? A 7 year old boy doesn't know anything about life, what are they going to do, let him drink and smoke too?

At the ESPY awards, Caitlyn Jenner said that trans gendered people deserved respect. BS. I am straight and not everyone respects me because I am a straight male and you don't see me shouting from the four winds telling everyone that they have to respect me because I am straight.

And speaking of straight, why can't I have straight pride? I am not trying to start anything, but I am just sick and tired of this, and you would think that I am conservative..haha im actually liberal! Can you believe that?
Your comment about straight pride and the injections of God is so asinine. But I do agree that the trans movement is picking up speed and I don't agree with the concept of transgenderism. I don't think a person can change their sex and I don't believe in male or female brains. I feel that if society allowed men to dress in female clothing and exhibit feminine traits, there would be far fewer trans women. The irony is that trans-capers think they are being progressive, when in fact they are being very sexist by saying a male that likes make-up and shopping and is submissive is actually a female inside.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:38 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,220 times
Well, I want a world where everybody treats everybody nice.

Ultimately, the only reason people are mean to others is because they want to see themselves as better than them.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:21 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Sad that political activists are now doing this claiming that young children are transgender before 5 years of age. That is child abuse. As if a five year old child can make that choice.
Is there really a reason a child can't make this distinction though? I know we live in a world where adults (who suddenly exist at the age of 18) are so wise and enlightened and children are dumb and useless, but there's really no reason to think like this. Children are extremely open minded and brutally honest. I see no reason to believe that a child can't know. It may just be a phase in some cases, but not in some.

Ultimately, parents who force their kids to behave the way they want them to rather than just teaching them to be respectful are bad parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I'm against "bullying" of anybody, but transgenders are plain weird and it's NOT normal.
"bullying"

Does that means it's ok if the target is legitimately weird, which is a pretty subjective point of view anyway? If so, you're not against bullying at all.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
I mean, seriously? I am just tired of it! It's literally everywhere I go, I can't go to Yahoo, CNN, ABC, without some mention of either Trans Gendered people or Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner. I refuse to believe that God makes people a man or a woman but yet instills in their genetic makeup something else that makes them feel the opposite way, that is totally asinine.

What got me was the recent Family Circle article about the family with a transgendered 7 yr old boy...yeah that's right, 7 YEARS OLD. I think that is horrible! What are people thinking? A 7 year old boy doesn't know anything about life, what are they going to do, let him drink and smoke too?

At the ESPY awards, Caitlyn Jenner said that trans gendered people deserved respect. BS. I am straight and not everyone respects me because I am a straight male and you don't see me shouting from the four winds telling everyone that they have to respect me because I am straight.

And speaking of straight, why can't I have straight pride? I am not trying to start anything, but I am just sick and tired of this, and you would think that I am conservative..haha im actually liberal! Can you believe that?
You seem to prefer broad broadcasting censorship instead of taking responsibility for your own reaction.

Turn it off if it bothers you.

I don't understand transgenderism. I don't think a wealthy celebrity who looked forward to being able to wear nail polish outside the privacy of his home is indicative of anything.

A long time ago, one of my customers was transgender, sex and name change. His deal was none of my business.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:44 AM

1,400 posts, read 765,598 times
It's the stupidity that bothers me the most. If there were some way to take a pig and do enough surgery on it to make it look like a person, it would still be a pig.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:07 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Is there really a reason a child can't make this distinction though? I know we live in a world where adults (who suddenly exist at the age of 18) are so wise and enlightened and children are dumb and useless, but there's really no reason to think like this. Children are extremely open minded and brutally honest. I see no reason to believe that a child can't know. It may just be a phase in some cases, but not in some.

Does that means it's ok if the target is legitimately weird, which is a pretty subjective point of view anyway? If so, you're not against bullying at all.
I don't understand transgenderism.

I watched the interview twice and he was unable to articulate it. So much emphasis was placed on foo-foo, the pretty dresses, hair, nails and his choice. He says he is not attracted to men.

I cannot wrap my head around a 7 year old "who knows".

Old 07-18-2015, 08:11 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:

Obviously the solution to your complaint regarding Jenner and the transgender topic being everywhere is to initiate 10-page thread on the same subject.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:23 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Exclamation what we are forggeting.!

There is a movement by the Gay and Transgender (sick) to make their life style and choices acceptable to main stream America. There is continual attacks on Christianity and even one of many most sacraments of Marriage. Look at the TV shows we have and cable shows like L is the Word. All designed to make this normal.

Actually they have more problems than most straight couples.

One Man and One Woman.

These folks are angry because everyday Americans do not consider their choice normal and most regard these choice damaging to sociality in the long term.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
They will promote transgender in schools to children. And PC when not allow anyone to object. People should have freedom from the progressive religion.
By promoting, you mean being accepting of others different from yourself. We call that teaching children to not be bigots. It's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies