Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 09:56 AM

103 posts, read 88,583 times

Advertisements

I mean, seriously? I am just tired of it! It's literally everywhere I go, I can't go to Yahoo, CNN, ABC, without some mention of either Trans Gendered people or Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner. I refuse to believe that God makes people a man or a woman but yet instills in their genetic makeup something else that makes them feel the opposite way, that is totally asinine.

What got me was the recent Family Circle article about the family with a transgendered 7 yr old boy...yeah that's right, 7 YEARS OLD. I think that is horrible! What are people thinking? A 7 year old boy doesn't know anything about life, what are they going to do, let him drink and smoke too?

At the ESPY awards, Caitlyn Jenner said that trans gendered people deserved respect. BS. I am straight and not everyone respects me because I am a straight male and you don't see me shouting from the four winds telling everyone that they have to respect me because I am straight.

And speaking of straight, why can't I have straight pride? I am not trying to start anything, but I am just sick and tired of this, and you would think that I am conservative..haha im actually liberal! Can you believe that?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:11 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
Every walk of life wishes to be treated equally, not looked down upon, not ridiculed.

I may not believe in the way of life of a transgender, or a gay person, but that doesn't mean it's wrong to be one.

No one deserves respect - that is something that is earned. Problem is, respect is not a class thing but an individual thing. Transgenders don't deserve respect any more than a straight person does. It's the person underneath, the individual, that has to earn respect. But, we live in a world of judgment, and it's harder to gain respect when people judge you on your shell.

Last edited by metalmancpa; 07-16-2015 at 11:06 AM..

Old 07-16-2015, 10:13 AM

17,378 posts, read 14,626,192 times
I refuse to believe that since God made strawberries, that he instilled in some people a dangerous allergic reaction.

I refuse to believe that since God made man in his image, that he made some people mentally retarded.

I refuse to believe that since God said man would rule over animals, that he would make an animal that would kill man.

See how dumb some stuff sounds?

You don't agree with the media reporting on Caitlyn Jenner? Change the channel or swipe left.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:52 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,524 times
Interesting. The only time I hear about Tansgender this, or Gay that or Sarah Palin said this or Trump kills Mexicans or Black-Black-Blackety-Black is when I come on here. And, this is going to blow your mind, I actually choose which links to click on therefore controlling for myself (you know those Conservative ideals of personal liberty and freedom?) what I see and talk about!

Quit trying to be offended. You remind me of liberals with all that ails them at every turn.

Whining whiners.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:02 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,237 times
I agree that there appears to be an agenda by the media to promote Transgender.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:02 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,820,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOTRfan283 View Post
I am straight and not everyone respects me because I am a straight male and you don't see me shouting from the four winds telling everyone that they have to respect me because I am straight.

And speaking of straight, why can't I have straight pride? I am not trying to start anything, but I am just sick and tired of this, and you would think that I am conservative..haha im actually liberal! Can you believe that?
People also don't judge you and discriminate against you based on the fact that you're straight. That's the whole point of being 'proud'; gay people haven't had the same rights as heterosexuals until very recently, homosexuality was still illegal in a bunch of states until 2003, gays commonly were openly ridiculed and in some cases beat up/killed numerous times in the past few centuries that America has existed. Why is there no straight pride? The reason why is because you're not a marginalized class, thus, what do you have to struggle for and feel proud about over the fact that you're heterosexual and doing well? Your political stance really has nothing to do with the fact that you're bigoted against transgendered people.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:05 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,522,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I agree that there appears to be an agenda by the media to promote Transgender.
Because the people watching it are either interested in something they don't know about or want to make it out like being a transgender person is worthy of controversy. I really don't understand the latter.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:50 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOTRfan283 View Post
I mean, seriously? I am just tired of it! It's literally everywhere I go, I can't go to Yahoo, CNN, ABC, without some mention of either Trans Gendered people or Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner. I refuse to believe that God makes people a man or a woman but yet instills in their genetic makeup something else that makes them feel the opposite way, that is totally asinine.

What got me was the recent Family Circle article about the family with a transgendered 7 yr old boy...yeah that's right, 7 YEARS OLD. I think that is horrible! What are people thinking? A 7 year old boy doesn't know anything about life, what are they going to do, let him drink and smoke too?

At the ESPY awards, Caitlyn Jenner said that trans gendered people deserved respect. BS. I am straight and not everyone respects me because I am a straight male and you don't see me shouting from the four winds telling everyone that they have to respect me because I am straight.

Lol you'd better get used to it. Most of this hails from Hollyweird, anyway, so theirs is the agenda they're pushing.

Plenty of people don't like what they're seeing, despite the attempts to shove it down their throats, so continue to express your opinion.

But don't have a hairball about it.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Just turn off your tv, transgender isn't being shoved down your throat (which why is that the go to phrase for you guys?) any more than being straight, gay, male, female, etc. You have the ability to not pay attention to things you don't want to pay attention to.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:00 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,250,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Just turn off your tv, transgender isn't being shoved down your throat (which why is that the go to phrase for you guys?) any more than being straight, gay, male, female, etc. You have the ability to not pay attention to things you don't want to pay attention to.

say liberals who want to abolish everything they don't agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies