Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 10:03 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,808 times

Advertisements

Why do you vote the way you do? Why do you mostly vote for politicians of a particular party?

I vote Republican because...
- I believe we should keep the money we earn
- I believe in a smaller government
- I believe in gun rights
- I'm against illegal immigration(come in the RIGHT way)
- I want a strong military
- I believe in keeping the economy strong
- I can't stand liberals

How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 06:13 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,907 times
I vote Republican because.....the other party supports:
- Islamic terrorism
- Illegal immigrants/Sanctuary cities
- No voter ID

Old 07-26-2015, 06:24 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
I try to vote for third-party candidates as often as possible. But if I don't do that I always vote for Republicans. Democrats' long-term election strategy is to bring the poor of Latin America into the country, in hopes that they'll vote Democrat. And Dem leaders claim that an apparently large segment of their constituency are incapable of pulling off the massive feat of getting a photo id card. That makes for a pretty sorry political party, if you ask me.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
I care less what party a person belongs to.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:46 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,540,389 times
I don't automatically vote for someone just because of their party affiliation. I vote for the person I think best fits what Im looking for in a candidate. Having said that, I do tend to lean more conservative.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
It's very simple. Quoth Mia Love: (paraphrase) 'when government grows bigger, individuals grow smaller. I would prefer to see the power to make decisions left in the hands of the individual where possible. It is just that simple.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:04 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
I don't exclusively vote for the other, so I'll talk about the strong points I see in each.

I vote Democrat because I support socially liberal policies. The government shouldn't use 'traditional' standards as a way to keep certain people form certain rights or privileges. I support a degree of welfare as well, though I believe these are best served in local settings as they know the challenges they face; I'm far more likely to vote Democrat for position closer to home than I am for federal positions.

I vote Republican because I support gun rights and the rights of businesses. I also firmly believe fiscal conservatism is a sign of good character and maintaining a balanced budget is important for long term success. Immigration laws should be enforced and we should maintain a strong military (but use it conservatively).

I vote Libertarian because the governments should stay out of people's personal lives. Simplified government makes it easier for people to be proactive in it, thus we'll have a better society of people who care about what our government is up to more than what the Kardashians are up to. Drug laws are intrusive, as are most laws that don't have a near universally agreed upon purpose.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:05 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,954,374 times
I vote my conscience because...
- I don't give a hoot about gun rights
- I don't give a hoot about illegal immigration
- I don't want an unnecessarily strong military
- I can't stand anybody

Old 07-26-2015, 07:10 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,817,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Why do you vote the way you do? Why do you mostly vote for politicians of a particular party?

I vote Republican because...
- I believe in gun rights
- I'm against illegal immigration(come in the RIGHT way)
- I want a strong military
- I can't stand liberals

How about you?
I vote based on specific issues and agree with and value many of the same positions you have... which is why generally, I have voted republican. However, I'm not with the republican candidate on every issue. It's good to see that people, such as yourself, can identify issues that are important to them and make rational decisions. We need more voters like that.

What concerns me is irrational and uninformed voters like the individual below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I vote Republican because.....the other party supports:
- Islamic terrorism
- Illegal immigrants/Sanctuary cities
- No voter ID

Old 07-26-2015, 07:15 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I vote based on specific issues and agree with and value many of the same positions you have... which is why generally, I have voted republican. However, I'm not with the republican candidate on every issue. It's good to see that people, such as yourself, can identify issues that are important to them and make rational decisions. We need more voters like that.

What concerns me is irrational and uninformed voters like the individual below.
What issue makes you say that?
[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-26-2015 at 10:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies