Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:29 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Hahahaha, the brainwashing is from the religious, they teach their children that we were created, that the earth is only 6,000 years old and the dinosaurs did not exist. LOL.
Maybe some do, I doubt it but at least they know the difference in a man and woman which only takes a little common sense. Your science is only a theory created to justify a mental disorder and to brainwash the weak minded fools. There is nothing that proves homosexuality is anything other than a mental disorder.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Your definition of reason differs from science's defintion. Animals can't reason to the level we can but they still do.

Look, you're just not well educated on these topics and on some level, beneath your sinful pride, you must know that reason and common sense are on my side, not yours, because science is on my side, the bastion of reason and common sense.

You're denying vast bodies of science with responses that can only be interpreted as irrational rage because you just learned that reality doesn't fit with your mythology.

That's fine, it's a free country, but on behalf of those few Americans who follow in the footsteps of our founding fathers and their commitment to reason, just know that you are absolutely wrong, as I proved earlier by posting the summary of scientific conclusions.

Now, you've lost this debate. That's OK. Hopefully you've learned something and can begin to escape from the dark, oppressive mythology that has led you astray.

God bless.
Lets see all this science that proves your opinion, I haven't lost anything, I'm not competing but you think what you want if it makes you feel better about your life choice. I don't get the mythology part, you must be confused.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:33 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
There is no such knowledge in the scientific community. Studies looking for the homosexual gene have never found it. You are probably confusing research and conclusive evidence. Studies trying to explain homosexuality biologically have been conducted, just as studies trying to explain criminal behavior and pedophilia have also been conducted.

Furthermore, your attempt at establishing a parallel between how genes influence hair color and sexual preference is a first. We know exactly which genes are responsible for hair and skin color and how they have an effect on cells. When it comes to human behavior, sexual or otherwise, science is still unable to pinpoint specific genes and explain how they influence a person's behavior.

The most promising study in favor of a biological explanation on gene xq28 has been completely contradicted by the latest results obtained recently by researchers.

The fact is that different theories abound, some blaming hormone levels during intra uterine life, others saying it is passed from mother to son and from father to daughter, others saying genes are only partially responsible, other studies saying that an array of genes are responsible, however they all have one thing in common : they are inconclusive and rely either on abstract models, narrow samples allegedly showing correlation but failing to prove causation, and impossibility to explain scientifically how sexual behavior is affected by these factors.

I know for a fact you will not find a single research paper proving beyond doubt that homosexuality is innate and accepted within the scientific community.
When we understand what makes people fill their face with steel piercings, dye their hair green, and eat tuna eyeballs we will understand what drives homosexual behavior.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:13 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Lets see all this science that proves your opinion, I haven't lost anything, I'm not competing but you think what you want if it makes you feel better about your life choice. I don't get the mythology part, you must be confused.
Again, I'm not gay. I'm biologically programmed straight just like others are biologically programmed gay. Why is it so hard to imagine someone just seeks the truth?

And why can't you look this up on your own? Wouldn't you want to before posting embarrassing, baseless, and destructive misinformation? Please actually read these links. Many gay people, particularly teens, commit suicide because of your mistaken views:

Being Gay Not a Choice: Science Contradicts Ben Carson

5 Surprising Facts About Gay Conversion Therapy

5 Myths About Gay People Debunked | Homosexuality & Sexual Orientation Science

So, now that you have the truth I expect you will change your views.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:42 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Again, I'm not gay. I'm biologically programmed straight just like others are biologically programmed gay. Why is it so hard to imagine someone just seeks the truth?

And why can't you look this up on your own? Wouldn't you want to before posting embarrassing, baseless, and destructive misinformation? Please actually read these links. Many gay people, particularly teens, commit suicide because of your mistaken views:

You're using the term "gay" interchangeably with psychologically troubled.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You're using the term "gay" interchangeably with psychologically troubled.
No, I'm not. A number of people with such bigotry and scorn for homosexuality (I have no idea why they care) have kids who are born gay, or they are definitely in communities with gay kids who are ridiculed, assaulted, or forced to deny their biological orientation:

"Gay teens are 8.4 times more likely to report having attempted suicide and 5.9 times more likely to report high levels of depression compared with peers from families that reported no or low levels of family rejection."

Statistics You Should Know About Gay & Transgender Students - PFLAG NYC

Old 07-29-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:

There was nothing scientific about your links, An opinion against Ben Carson, the same BS animal stupidity and Good parents LOL that stuff is a joke, apparently you misunderstand when you say the word science.
I had a dog who was always humping peoples feet, it might be natural for him to do this but you know better yourself because your brain can reason. sorry but you have succumb to a false truth but that's ok you are not alone

You still haven't explained the Mythology stuff or the food and cloths garbage you talked about.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:38 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Maybe some do, I doubt it but at least they know the difference in a man and woman which only takes a little common sense. Your science is only a theory created to justify a mental disorder and to brainwash the weak minded fools. There is nothing that proves homosexuality is anything other than a mental disorder.
Homosexuality is not a mental illness nor a choice. Bigotry is a choice born of learned ignorance.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
There was nothing scientific about your links, An opinion against Ben Carson, the same BS animal stupidity and Good parents LOL that stuff is a joke, apparently you misunderstand when you say the word science.
I had a dog who was always humping peoples feet, it might be natural for him to do this but you know better yourself because your brain can reason. sorry but you have succumb to a false truth but that's ok you are not alone

You still haven't explained the Mythology stuff or the food and cloths garbage you talked about.
How come you can't educate yourself on this?

Is Homosexuality a Choice? - Guest Blog - Scientific American Blog Network

http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2...-homosexuality

Male sexual orientation influenced by genes, study shows | Science | The Guardian

You have bought into a mythology around the idea that being gay is a 100% choice, and a while beleif system that revolves around that assumption. The real question is, who cares? Life is too short to waste time preventing people from loving one another.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Homosexuality is not a mental illness nor a choice. Bigotry is a choice born of learned ignorance.
Whatever makes you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies