Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,116,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Though I wouldn't consider a woman aborting an 8 week old embryo to be murder, but it would be a termination of potential life, that is the definition of abortion.
Either something is alive (exhibiting cellular and metabolic activity) or it is not. It is measurable and quantifiable.

There is no subjective grey area here.

In using the term "murder"....

mur·der
ˈmərdər/Submit
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
"the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
synonyms: killing, homicide, assassination, liquidation, extermination, execution, slaughter, butchery, massacre; More
verb
kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
"somebody tried to murder Joe"
synonyms: kill, put to death, assassinate, execute, liquidate, eliminate, dispatch, butcher, slaughter, massacre, wipe out; More

I fail to see a better word given it is planned and purposeful.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,259,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Either something is alive (exhibiting cellular and metabolic activity) or it is not. It is measurable and quantifiable.

There is no subjective grey area here.

In using the term "murder"....

mur·der
ˈmərdər/Submit
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
"the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
synonyms: killing, homicide, assassination, liquidation, extermination, execution, slaughter, butchery, massacre; More
verb
kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
"somebody tried to murder Joe"
synonyms: kill, put to death, assassinate, execute, liquidate, eliminate, dispatch, butcher, slaughter, massacre, wipe out; More

I fail to see a better word given it is planned and purposeful.
So basically you use black and white hyperbole....one problem, abortions aren't unlawful, therefore by your own definition, they are not murder. I get it, abortions are bad and are morally wrong for you, but they are legal thus making them not murder.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,550,665 times
Quote:
I guess throwing them in trash cans is better for right wingers rather than allowing the tissue to be used for science. I guess some of us don't harbor this strange outrage against Planned Parenthood that you guys have always held. I remember when you guys freaked out over stem cell research, that was just sad to watch.

Also, fun fact, 90% of all abortions happen in the first 12 weeks.
Still looks like a baby at that age. We don't want any baby thrown in the trash but the Nazis also thought the Jews who they killed shouldn't go to waste so they made lamp shades out of their skin. Is that what you are thinking about? Also stem cell research with fetuses is not as successful as the adult stem cell research.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Still looks like a baby at that age. We don't want any baby thrown in the trash but the Nazis also thought the Jews who they killed shouldn't go to waste so they made lamp shades out of their skin. Is that what you are thinking about? Also stem cell research with fetuses is not as successful as the adult stem cell research.
Well sometimes they get flushed down the toilet when a woman has a miscarriage, so I guess there is that too. Stop trying to force your beliefs onto others. What you are doing is something the Nazis would have been proud of, trying to take away rights from others.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:20 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,550,665 times
Quote:
Well sometimes they get flushed down the toilet when a woman has a miscarriage, so I guess there is that too. Stop trying to force your beliefs onto others. What you are doing is something the Nazis would have been proud of, trying to take away rights from others.
You do know the Nazis killed millions of people because they said they were not humans, right? I think you are mixed up on who is taking away rights. The unborn baby has no rights from the point of view of PP but they sure what to use their bodies for their own profit.

Miscarriage and abortion are two different events. Do your research on it.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:30 AM

29,634 posts, read 16,619,800 times
Quote:
You do know the Nazis killed millions of people because they said they were not humans, right? I think you are mixed up on who is taking away rights. The unborn baby has no rights from the point of view of PP but they sure what to use their bodies for their own profit.

You guys have got to stop with the boogie man tactics of attacking planned parenthood for something that is legal.

One day, you guys will win on this issue(hopefully because people take responsibility for their actions or just wait till they are ready to have children), but when they day comes, you will find out that PP isnt the only place that performs abortions,nor is it the place that actually uses the fetus tissue for research( that would be a bunch of Universities and medical centers around the nation).

When the day comes that PP is defunded or shutdown, it will be nothing more than a PR victory.

And this has nothing to do with profit, no one made a profit off of this.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:

Apparently you support taking away the rights of women in the process.....how kind of you.

Miscarriage and abortion are indeed two different events that have the same result. Why you feel the need to govern the uterus of other women is beyond me and kind of sick. Do you also feel the need to govern the penis as well?

Planned Parenthood is not profiting from fetuses, someone lied to you and you ate it up because it fit with your agenda.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:27 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,085,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
The issue is a tumor has my DNA; it is my own cells gone haywire. It really is "mine" to give away.

Not so much a separate human being who does not consent to his or her being terminated.
Relatives make the decision to pull the plug/terminate people all of the time, perfectly legal.

Parents also decide to pull the plug on children who are brain dead, etc. They also donate their children's organs, without permission from their child.

A woman making the decision to donate an aborted fetus is no different.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:40 AM

624 posts, read 380,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Relatives make the decision to pull the plug/terminate people all of the time, perfectly legal.

Parents also decide to pull the plug on children who are brain dead, etc. They also donate their children's organs, without permission from their child.

A woman making the decision to donate an aborted fetus is no different.
Considering you claim it's no different, then you are acknowledging that a human life us being terminated.

With that said, there is a difference. In the scenarios you use as examples, relatives are making a decision to end a life that medics professionals have concluded can I be saved. Doctors have made ever effort to keep the person alive, but were unsuccessful.

With an unborn baby, you are killing someone that will otherwise continue to survive and thrive.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:44 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,087,936 times
I don't know what it would take for the vile human beings who support PP's actions to drop their support......perhaps if they hunted lions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies