Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 02:21 PM

73,060 posts, read 62,670,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There's a reason 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' lasted more than a couple of episodes.
Trash sells. This is why Jerry Springer is popular. Actually, Jerry Springer proves that ghetto culture and redneck culture are basically two sides of the same coin.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:29 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Can you prove that is the case?
File it under the fact that some people just don't like other peoples personal choices and are quick to label them racist (or if the same race, "self hating").

What's funny is that my very white, very clean cut, top of his class son has experienced the same reception as the whiny guy in the story from protective parents that have high aspirations for their kid.

It almost seems like this guy is expecting instant acceptance and be seen as a prize because he goes to Yale. It's a rather dumb assumption considering he's probably meeting families that are high achieving, their kid goes to Yale, they probably went to a top notch school or are very successful....he's not going to be automatically seen as some great prize.

I doubt he's factoring that in.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
Quote:
Can you prove that is the case?
What you should be questioning is the audacity that the article writer has to dictate what a white family wants for their daughter. So what if they don't want their daughter to date/sex/marry a black man. So what of they do not want biracial grandchildren. Its their right.

I am tired of "us" demanding to be accepted into ALL aspects of every white person's life. Black men demanding the right to stick their feet up under this white family's dining room table. I'm sorry but that is just not right.

The truth is that the black man who wrote the article is most likely self-hating and lusts after white women as a trophy. What family would want that for their daughter? The same black man that wrote the article begging for white people to be happy about him fornicating with their daughter is most likely the exact same type of black man who hates women who look just like himself. All of his talk about putting his "best foot forward" for white folks but would he do the same for a black woman's parents?

And yes, there is a valid reason for those white families to be concerned about him....

Ninety Two Percent: Examining the Birth Trends, Family Structure, Economic Standing, Paternal Relationships, and Emotional Stability of Biracial Children with African American Fathers by Tiffany N. Calloway :: SSRN
(Stanford Law School)

This study examines the birth trends, family structure, economic standing, paternal relationships, and emotional stability of biracial children with African American fathers. For study implementation quantitative research methods were used. Questions were asked through a questionnaire that was administered to 1000 women spanning the united States that were equally ranging from 3 different racial groups; Caucasian, Asian, and Hispanic. Participants were recruited through the internet, radio, and news. This study finds that 92% of biracial children with African American fathers are born out of wedlock and 82% end up on government assistance. The results of this study make it very clear that biracial children with African American fathers are fatherless on a scale much larger than the public may realize.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:31 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Trash sells. This is why Jerry Springer is popular. Actually, Jerry Springer proves that ghetto culture and redneck culture are basically two sides of the same coin.
I need you to stop posting for a little bit as I can't rep you as fast as you deserve lol.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
File it under the fact that some people just don't like other peoples personal choices and are quick to label them racist (or if the same race, "self hating").

What's funny is that my very white, very clean cut, top of his class son has experienced the same reception as the whiny guy in the story from protective parents that have high aspirations for their kid.

It almost seems like this guy is expecting instant acceptance and be seen as a prize because he goes to Yale. It's a rather dumb assumption considering he's probably meeting families that are high achieving, their kid goes to Yale, they probably went to a top notch school or are very successful....he's not going to be automatically seen as some great prize.

I doubt he's factoring that in.
I actually believe that people should be with whomever they want but the fact that the writer of the article feels the need to "bow and scrape" and "shuffle, shuck and jive" for the privilege of having a white woman and her family's approval is the most degrading thing ever.

It all goes back to demanding to be welcomed with open arms in places where "we" do not belong. It pathetic to see black men begging to be seen as "worthy" of Caucasian women and their families. Its as if the article writer would be happy if they even let him just sit on the white family's porch or something.

The lack of dignity is absolutely pathetic.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Most mixed babies are out of wedlock? Do you have evidence of this? And if this is true, then how can the parents blame the bm without looking at the daughter as well. If she has a child with a deadbeat or an irresponsible man it didn't happen because solely because the man is black, it happened because she wasn't wise about the type of man she should settle down with-race aside. There are plenty of bm that marry the mother of their kids or that want to marry the mother of their kids and be a parent. Then there are those that do not, usually the ones that do not have other personality flaws and/or red flags that might have been ignored by the white woman. Yet the bm is the only blame?
The answer is Yes.

Ninety Two Percent: Examining the Birth Trends, Family Structure, Economic Standing, Paternal Relationships, and Emotional Stability of Biracial Children with African American Fathers by Tiffany N. Calloway :: SSRN
(Stanford Law School)

This study examines the birth trends, family structure, economic standing, paternal relationships, and emotional stability of biracial children with African American fathers. For study implementation quantitative research methods were used. Questions were asked through a questionnaire that was administered to 1000 women spanning the united States that were equally ranging from 3 different racial groups; Caucasian, Asian, and Hispanic. Participants were recruited through the internet, radio, and news. This study finds that 92% of biracial children with African American fathers are born out of wedlock and 82% end up on government assistance. The results of this study make it very clear that biracial children with African American fathers are fatherless on a scale much larger than the public may realize.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:48 PM

I am so TIRED of us always looking at the beautiful, fruitful gardens of "others" and demanding to be let in to frolick and play while we do not clean up or tend to our OWN.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:52 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,275,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What you should be questioning is the audacity that the article writer has to dictate what a white family wants for their daughter. So what if they don't want their daughter to date/sex/marry a black man. So what of they do not want biracial grandchildren. Its their right.

I am tired of "us" demanding to be accepted into ALL aspects of every white person's life. Black men demanding the right to stick their feet up under this white family's dining room table. I'm sorry but that is just not right.

The truth is that the black man who wrote the article is most likely self-hating and lusts after white women as a trophy. What family would want that for their daughter? The same black man that wrote the article begging for white people to be happy about him fornicating with their daughter is most likely the exact same type of black man who hates women who look just like himself. All of his talk about putting his "best foot forward" for white folks but would he do the same for a black woman's parents?

And yes, there is a valid reason for those white families to be concerned about him....

(Stanford Law School)

Wow... So if that study says that then what I'm wondering is what type of bm do these white women have children with? I have a feeling that they're choosing the same portion of bm as black single moms do-the men that have red flags written all over them-thuggish, attractive, confident, etc.

The girls that I know that date exclusively black tend to date the black guys that are more "street" and seem cool but on paper are not husband or fathers material. But they almost don't think about it as it translates to fatherhood which is another discussion altogether, because when I was younger I was the same way. So I guess I'm curious how often white girls choose bad black apples and if that's the real cause of becoming single mothers... Is it that there are less bad apples with white men so the white girls avoid getting pregnant by the wrong men, or is it that they make different choices when they sleep with black men versus white men. It could even be that perhaps these same women would have chose bad apples with white men but that these white men are more willing to marry them after the baby happens than black men are.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Wow... So if that study says that then what I'm wondering is what type of bm do these white women have children with? I have a feeling that they're choosing the same portion of bm as black single moms do-the men that have red flags written all over them-thuggish, attractive, confident, etc.

The girls that I know that date exclusively black tend to date the black guys that are more "street" and seem cool but on paper are not husband or fathers material. But they almost don't think about it as it translates to fatherhood which is another discussion altogether, because when I was younger I was the same way. So I guess I'm curious how often white girls choose bad black apples and if that's the real cause of becoming single mothers... Is it that there are less bad apples with white men so the white girls avoid getting pregnant by the wrong men, or is it that they make different choices when they sleep with black men versus white men. It could even be that perhaps these same women would have chose bad apples with white men but that these white men are more willing to marry them after the baby happens than black men are.
The study covered White, Asian and Hispanic women throughout the United States who had biracial children with African American men of varying socioeconomic backgrounds.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:28 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,385,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Quote:
It has nothing to do with judging "based on numbers". It's about the fact that
he's from another race. If a white woman has a child with him, she's not
reproducing -- she's replacing her parents' genes with vastly different
ones. Her parents will be more closely related to my children than
they will be to their own daughter's
Please educate yourself on DNA and genetics.
Take your own advice. You're so smug and sure in your conviction that the TV tells the truth.

You haven't educated yourself on this topic, and what's worse is that you KNOW you haven't educated yourself on this topic. You know you're just repeating what you've heard from sources that you trust. Read Frank Salter, Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza, even Nicholas Wade of the New York Times.

The simple scientific fact is that a parent experiences a clear loss of fitness with a mixed-race child or grandchild compared to a single-race child. A Yale student should be smart enough to know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies