Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 01:14 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Not all Germans were Nazis either.
The saying does not attempt to address every instance of terrorist acts in the grand scheme of things, just the major block we face.

I believe that is generally known to be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 09:12 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How do you propose we sanction ourselves? Did we not arm OBL? Did the arms running out of Benghazi go to terrorists?
Well, that's why "Stop financing and arming Islamic terrorists?" was on my list. OBL is old news, we're funding more Islamic terrorists every year.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:14 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It has been oft said here on these pages that "Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim".

We are all aware of the former but smart money does not ignore the latter.
There is a need to identify your enemy rather than to become an apologist.
Do you have any integrity. We have a right wing extremist Christian problem in this country that is more of a threat. That does not mean there is no right wing extremist Muslim problem in the world but if we are talking about the USA then we should spend more time culling our own homemade problem before we go bat sh$t crazy over people living thousands of miles away.

Where specifically is anyone apologizing for terrorism? Questions like mine are asked all the time and there is never an answer. A deflection maybe but no answer.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:43 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Do you have any integrity. We have a right wing extremist Christian problem in this country that is more of a threat.
For violence? B.S.
And any "evidence" of this out of the Obama administration government arms cannot be trusted.

But, you're free to continue being scared of this boogeyman...

Old 08-08-2015, 10:50 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Do you have any integrity. We have a right wing extremist Christian problem in this country that is more of a threat. That does not mean there is no right wing extremist Muslim problem in the world but if we are talking about the USA then we should spend more time culling our own homemade problem before we go bat sh$t crazy over people living thousands of miles away.

Where specifically is anyone apologizing for terrorism? Questions like mine are asked all the time and there is never an answer. A deflection maybe but no answer.
You are by saying we should worry more about fundamentalist preachers than fundamentalist Imams in America.

Fundamentalist preacher will get people to get out and tell people that drinking, fornicating and all the fun stuff we like to do is sin.

What will the fundamentalist Imams tell us? Probably the same but if we don't stop they will help us get to hell faster. Especially if we mock their prophet.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
For violence? B.S.
And any "evidence" of this out of the Obama administration government arms cannot be trusted.

But, you're free to continue being scared of this boogeyman...
Well, I'm not creating post after post on any threat. I'm simply pointing out that if one were to worry, then one should worry about right wing extremist Christians. Honestly, I don't think about it. I am responding to a post only. Not sure what Obama has to do with it beside the fact that electing a Black man to the White House increased the numbers of these extremist groups or the numbers in their rank.

There is lots of info out there. Here's a recent opinion piece that gives an overview. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/op...reat.html?_r=0 Enjoy your Saturday.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Well, that's why "Stop financing and arming Islamic terrorists?" was on my list. OBL is old news, we're funding more Islamic terrorists every year.
So let's sanction our government over this. I'm all for it.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:

It's in there. Right wing extremist Christians didn't attack Libya and make a mess out of that country. When will we sanction those who did that?

Old 08-08-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's in there. Right wing extremist Christians didn't attack Libya and make a mess out of that country. When will we sanction those who did that?
Right. Not sure what that has to do with me talking about the US. I think we are talking about two different issues here. As for sanctioning, not sure what kind of sanctions you are talking about? That could be a restriction or permission to...

Old 08-08-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Right. Not sure what that has to do with me talking about the US. I think we are talking about two different issues here. As for sanctioning, not sure what kind of sanctions you are talking about? That could be a restriction or permission to...
Yes we are discussing separate things but the point is extremism comes in many forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies