U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2015, 08:05 PM
 
79,195 posts, read 33,616,016 times
Reputation: 15840

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Presidents dont actually have the power to address it. Thats the problem. Nor could a fed Chairman. Lets be honest, a dictatorship could resolve this, but our system cannot as its too owned by those with money.
Being honest is understanding a Fed Chairman could address it.

Quote:
Thats....actually the scariest sentence I can recall typing recently. Damn.

If a fed chairman tried to, you would quickly find out that the well bought congress and senate would hsut him down instantly.
They don't have the ability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2015, 08:32 PM
 
26,304 posts, read 12,855,288 times
Reputation: 12550
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Being honest is understanding a Fed Chairman could address it.



They don't have the ability.
Bwahahahhaa. Really? You believe that?

They can't be removed from the chairmanship for their policy opinions. Thats true.....but...

#1 assuming anyone willing to challenge things COULD get past the senate confirmation hearings....if things went south for them this would be the headline in the next weeks paper

"The banking act of XXXX Passed today modifying the banking act of 1935 making the chairman of the federal reserve a honorary position that can only vote in tie breaking decisions of the newly appointed board"

For an example of this-take a look at whats occurred with the Consumer financial protection Bureau, until they finally agreed on someone many were trying to make it a board ran group-which would have allowed them to easily stuff the deck. As it is....what has the CFP done lately?

More importantly.....what EXACTLY do you believe the federal reserves chairmans powers are? Mostly he or she guides committees.....of people chosen by the banks. The chairman of the fed is the public face. Not the primary decision maker. Think about that for a second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 09:12 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I love how virtually no one wants to discuss what the original poster stated.

Its not about who was president, or who was in charge, its about wealth, and power.
Explain to me this economic theory of Democrats which involve adding more people to welfare in order to reduce poverty...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2015, 03:41 AM
 
79,195 posts, read 33,616,016 times
Reputation: 15840
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bwahahahhaa. Really? You believe that?

They can't be removed from the chairmanship for their policy opinions. Thats true.....but...
So you laugh, back off and agree. O.K.

Quote:
#1 assuming anyone willing to challenge things COULD get past the senate confirmation hearings....if things went south for them this would be the headline in the next weeks paper
A first term president is going to get nearly anyone that want through the first time. Obama's popularity was still quite high at the time.

Quote:
"The banking act of XXXX Passed today modifying the banking act of 1935 making the chairman of the federal reserve a honorary position that can only vote in tie breaking decisions of the newly appointed board"

For an example of this-take a look at whats occurred with the Consumer financial protection Bureau, until they finally agreed on someone many were trying to make it a board ran group-which would have allowed them to easily stuff the deck. As it is....what has the CFP done lately?

More importantly.....what EXACTLY do you believe the federal reserves chairmans powers are? Mostly he or she guides committees.....of people chosen by the banks. The chairman of the fed is the public face. Not the primary decision maker. Think about that for a second.
GREAT!!! It would be a start and a huge win for someone who claimed to support the things Obama said he supported.

If the chairman decides it's time to raise rates, rates go up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top