Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:56 PM

601 posts, read 460,448 times

Advertisements

Just curious really, because I have never really understood it. Personally, I feel that American lives and tax dollars aren't worth it.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:59 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,176,140 times
Many religious conservatives view Isreal as the reborn nation of Isreal mentioned in the Book of Revelation, and as such they will not align against it as all of that Isreal's enemies will be defeated.

For the non-religious Isreal is the one reliable democracy in the region.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Many religious conservatives view Isreal as the reborn nation of Isreal mentioned in the Book of Revelation, and as such they will not align against it as all of that Isreal's enemies will be defeated.

For the non-religious Isreal is the one reliable democracy in the region.
So the religious types think American foreign policy should be based on the bible. Makes total sense. Yet the same types likely depending on the issue want to claim liberals don't want to adhere to the constitution. No difference between them and jihadist in my opinion.

For the non-religious, doesn't the fact that by supporting Israel, all the other countries in the region hate us? It could be assumed that a lot of our problems with terrorism wouldn't exist if it weren't for our foreign policy regarding Israel. When was the last time China had to deal with Islamic terrorist?

Last edited by shotcall; 08-17-2015 at 09:23 PM..

Old 08-17-2015, 09:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
Just curious really, because I have never really understood it.
People can call themselves what they want or cab be falsely labeled. Doesn't mean it's true.
A conservative believes in less government from the Federal level. A non interventionist foreign policy while protecting our borders fits that.

Quote:
Personally, I feel that American lives and tax dollars aren't worth it.
Agreed, so why do you support a gun runner like Hillary? And a war monger like Obama?

Old 08-17-2015, 09:19 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,907 times
Quote:
So the religoious types think American foreign policy should be based on the bible. Makes total sense. Yet the same types likely depending on the issue want to claim liberals don't want to adhere to the constitution. No difference between them and jihadist in my opinion.

For the non-religious, doesn't the fact that by supporting Israel, all the other countries in the region hate us? It could be assumed that a lot of our problems with terrorism wouldn't exist if it weren't for our foreign policy regarding Israel. When was the last time China had to deal with Islamic terrorist?
This is a myth that supporting Israel makes Muslims want to attack Infidels and Infidel nations.

Almost every Infidel nation is under attack by Muslims from Thailand to Sweden.

Islam commands Muslims to wage jihad till the whole world is forcefully subjugated under Sharia Law.

See if you can convince Asia Bibi, the Non-Muslim Pakistani citizen held in a Pakistani prison over the victimless charge of Islamic blasphemy, that it has nothing to do with Islam but everything to to with Israel. Millions of Muslims have pledged to kill Asia Bibi with their bare hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klzq0t18zM

Old 08-17-2015, 09:22 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
I don't have a problem with helping Israel as part of reconstruction post ww2, don't have a problem with it now, same with Japan.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I don't have a problem with helping Israel as part of reconstruction post ww2, don't have a problem with it now, same with Japan.
Israel wasn't even around until 1948. The land that is now Israel was under the control of Britain, which had gained control of that area after they defeated the Ottoman Turks in World War I. The area had previously been under the control of the Ottoman Empire. The Jewish population tried to flee to that area, but the British wouldn't allow them entry.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:27 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
The religious who defend Israel do so from Christian perspectives that are very new, and which are almost tailor made solely for support of modern Israel.

Non-religious or 'other' religious, non-Jewish conservatives who do mostly do it as a surrogate for the ethnic/white nationalism that they are not permitted to express themselves.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Israel wasn't even around until 1948. The land that is now Israel was under the control of Britain, which had gained control of that area after they defeated the Ottoman Turks in World War I. The area had previously been under the control of the Ottoman Empire. The Jewish population tried to flee to that area, but the British wouldn't allow them entry.
Israel was we know it was founded as a location for the millions of displaced Jews post ww2, like I said, ww2 reconstruction.

The end of schindlers list shows this pretty well.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
This is a myth that supporting Israel makes Muslims want to attack Infidels and Infidel nations.

Almost every Infidel nation is under attack by Muslims from Thailand to Sweden.

Islam commands Muslims to wage jihad till the whole world is forcefully subjugated under Sharia Law.

See if you can convince Asia Bibi, the Non-Muslim Pakistani citizen held in a Pakistani prison over the victimless charge of Islamic blasphemy, that it has nothing to do with Islam but everything to to with Israel. Millions of Muslims have pledged to kill Asia Bibi with their bare hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klzq0t18zM
When did we ever have to deal with it before WW2? Why don't they go after China. Russia has had issues related to the Chechen seperatist, but nothing like 9/11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies