Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 02:50 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So we don't have the funds to supposedly support illegal immigrants, but we do have the funds to build a wall a thousand miles long, with 4,000 sniper towers manned 24 hours a day.

What happens when the illegal immigrants start coming into the country via the sea ports or airports instead of over the southern border, like the illegal Asian immigrants already do?

Help me out here - is it because Asian illegal immigrants aren't as 'undesirable' as Latin American illegal immigrants?
All illegals are undesirable. Undesirable means that not welcomed in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 02:51 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
So we don't have the funds to supposedly support illegal immigrants, but we do have the funds to build a wall a thousand miles long, with 4,000 sniper towers manned 24 hours a day.

What happens when the illegal immigrants start coming into the country via the sea ports or airports instead of over the southern border, like the illegal Asian immigrants already do?

Help me out here - is it because Asian illegal immigrants aren't as 'undesirable' as Latin American illegal immigrants?
Illegal is illegal irrespective of their origin, and need to be deported.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:55 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,922 times
Quote:

When it comes down to it, that is the point they are trying to make- not specifically Asians, but all others... I'll bet you won't find the anti-immigrants wanting to put a border between the U.S. and Canada, or take any measures to keep any other folks out- only 'the neighbors to the south.'

Old 08-22-2015, 02:55 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
'
I put it as a law, no different than any other. It is enforced for a number of reasons. If we do not have laws, we have anarchy. Would you subscribe to anarchy? Jaywalking is a law for a reason too. It should be enforced. All LAWS need to be enforced. INCLUDING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
So they pay a fine or get deported for being an illegal immigrant, because illegal immigration is only a misdemeanor. No one does hard time for being an illegal immigrant. And deportations don't stop illegal immigration, it just makes the border coyotes richer.

Or we institute a national identity card system and heavily fine the people who employ illegal immigrants. No one would be able to claim ignorance with the establishment of a national ID system. You'd be happy to register your children with the federal government, right?

Enforcing the immigration laws in this country is akin to enforcing the narcotics laws or the gun laws - it's never going to be effective as long as a large population choose to ignore the laws. Prohibition doesn't always work.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:57 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Illegal is illegal irrespective of their origin, and need to be deported.
Maybe that idea should've come up when the U.S. was stealing 'Texas' from Mexico.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:57 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
All illegals are undesirable. Undesirable means that not welcomed in this country.
So why isn't anyone calling for stricter enforcement at the seaports? Why is it always 'The Wall'?

Old 08-22-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:

There are the top 10 countries entered the U.S. illegally in 2012

Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally

1. Mexico 6,720,000

2. El Salvador 690,000

3. Guatemala 560,000

4. Honduras 360,000

5. Philippines 310,000

6. India 260,000

7. Korea 230,000

8. China 210,000

9. Ecuador 170,000

10. Vietnam 160,000

Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Old 08-22-2015, 03:00 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
My grandmother was an "illegal alien". Her entire family entered into this country via an open boat in the dark of the night.

If she hadn't come into this country, my father and all of his children (including me) wouldn't have been born.

So please forgive me if I don't view myself as a 'drain on society'.

Oh, and I guess that makes my father an "anchor baby".
Did your grandmother take a job from an American? Did she collect welfare on behalf of her kids? Those are the ones that are a drain on our society. Still it is against the law for anyone to enter our country illegally either way.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
So why isn't anyone calling for stricter enforcement at the seaports? Why is it always 'The Wall'?
well because 50% of the illegals are from certain country. And people have always said ALL ILLEGALS MUST GO

Old 08-22-2015, 03:02 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times
Quote:
You know why, these people are bigots who don't like Hispanic people. That's why they only want a wall along the Mexican border ... not one mention of the Canadian border, the Caribbean border (Florida, the USVI, and Puerto Rico), or seaport/airport enforcement.

Donald Trump has riled up an anti-Hispanic lynch mob ... and the Hispanics will repay the favor by sending us to meet the Whigs on November 8th 2016. Brilliant move Trump, you killed the party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies