Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:23 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,914 times

Advertisements

Look, Brothers. We have an actual authority on Masonic history here. So glad Manigault has arrived to the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 02:38 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,181,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Look, Brothers. We have an actual authority on Masonic history here. So glad Manigault has arrived to the party.
Well, since my posts were about Catholicism and not the Masonic order, I would say that your snarky comment missed.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:39 PM

Because modern-day Masons want to destroy the Catholic church?

And, to even use the Klan as an example in the same breath as Masons shows your agenda. Or, at least, your state of mind regarding Masons. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Because modern-day Masons want to destroy the Catholic church?
I don't know what they want to do; maybe its one of their secrets?

Look, the theology of masons contravenes that of Catholicism. Accept that fact.

Technically, Catholics have a problem with Ouija boards and yoga, too. You don't want me to get into that, though.

Folks here made some statements and I provided some factual information. You can now return to surmise and conjecture, if you want.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:55 PM

No. Masons have zero issue with Catholics. There are many devout Catholics who sit in a lodge with non-Catholics. Your "facts" support your argument, but you know little of the subject matter. Until you've sat in a lodge and heard the things you claim, you cannot speak to those things.

You can attack yoga all you want. I don't like it because I don't bend that way(s). Just, please, don't attack the yoga pants (especially if a hottie is wearing them).

The secrets of the lodge all revolve around the initiation and procedures. The work we do is no secret at all. If you wish to demonize a philanthropic group because they have secrets, feel free. At least have the courtesy to not spread wild conjecture and Grade-A BS. Sit down and talk with a member of a lodge. Don't pick a dues-paying member. Choose someone who is active and knows the rules, regulations, procedures, and preferably, one who has worked the chairs. You'll probably feel like a fool when you get the truth.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:57 PM

16,666 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I don't know what they want to do; maybe its one of their secrets?

Look, the theology of masons contravenes that of Catholicism. Accept that fact.

Technically, Catholics have a problem with Ouija boards and yoga, too. You don't want me to get into that, though.

Folks here made some statements and I provided some factual information. You can now return to surmise and conjecture, if you want.
There is no such thing as "theology of Masons." Such a concept is completely at odds with the foundations of Freemasonry.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
And, to even use the Klan as an example in the same breath as Masons shows your agenda. Or, at least, your state of mind regarding Masons. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope, it shows that some folks can accept surface changes and some not. The example is a little extreme but accurate (I remember a news story about a Klan leader in CT who was Italian and explained it away). In the words of Grant, I have no brief as to the masons.

Masons actually make me no nevermind. My sister happens to be married to one -- she has a 'mixed marriage'.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There is no such thing as "theology of Masons." Such a concept is completely at odds with the foundations of Freemasonry.
OK, their views. Is that better?

Let's just accept that and move on.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
No. Masons have zero issue with Catholics. There are many devout Catholics who sit in a lodge with non-Catholics.
You see, that's where you are wrong. A person can't be a 'devout' Catholic and violate the orders of the Congregation on the Doctrine of the Faith. One could be Catholic, though.

Quote:
You can attack yoga all you want.
Well, I didn't quite do so. I gave you an example of technicalities. I'm a technical dude.

Quote:
At least have the courtesy to not spread wild conjecture and Grade-A BS. Sit down and talk with a member of a lodge. Don't pick a dues-paying member. Choose someone who is active and knows the rules, regulations, procedures, and preferably, one who has worked the chairs. You'll probably feel like a fool when you get the truth.
Sorry, I didn't spread any conjecture. Is you look closely, my remarks were pretty-well confined to Catholicism. I gave you facts. You wanna tell me about what you presume and rumors, go ahead.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:15 PM

You've shown me where the Catholic church may have issue with the Masons, but you certainly have not shown me where the Masons have an issue with the church.

I didn't say you attacked yoga. I said you can. Just don't attack the pants when a hot woman is wearing them. I think I saw that in the bible. Thou shalt not attack yoga pants. I'm a little rusty on the Bible.

I'm not going back to read the rest of your posts because I have other things to do. I'm sure someone else will be along to handle that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies