Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
That just shows his level of comtempt.

He'll probably want his ugly fance engraved on the White House when he leaves.

I wonder whether he needs any help packing? We really do need better as this experiment has been a total failure.
A growing economy is not a total failure. Sorry. Your baseless claims - or perhaps hopes that our country wouldn't recover from the failure of the last administration under Obama - doesn't withstand scrutiny.

Real Americans see this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
That just shows his level of comtempt.

He'll probably want his ugly fance engraved on the White House when he leaves.

I wonder whether he needs any help packing? We really do need better as this experiment has been a total failure.
What "experiment" is that?

Old 08-31-2015, 08:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's still better than what your lot has to offer.
Even on President Obama's absolute worst day, he would be better than either McCain or Romney would be on their absolute best day.

A majority of thinking people are well aware of this.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Even on President Obama's absolute worst day, he would be better than either McCain or Romney would be on their absolute best day.

A majority of thinking people are well aware of this.
Conservatives seem to think that if they make believe as it if was still 1951 and just make sure that the rich 1% becomes even more unencumbered so that they become even richer, we'll somehow become a grand society. That's about all they have to offer.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:25 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
The CD leftists are much further gone than I thought. What a bunch of sick minds.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No, it has already been discussed ad nauseum here what's worse or stagnant for most people: income inequality, wages, welfare, medical costs/insurance, race relations, D.C., the Mid East...

Not all of it is directly his fault obviously, but he presides over it. Just like W got blamed for everything under his watch.

Bots either choose to ignore or deny all of that. People simply get tired of wasting their time trying to reason with cultists, for whom everyone who does not bow down is radical, fringe, racist, or whatever inaccurate insult they're using at the moment.
This is where I'm confused. Stop dismissing me as a bot, whatever that is. I'm quite independent in my thought. I just know a good president when I see one. I'd say the same of Reagan and the first Bush.

Look at what you list: wages are actually rising, albeit slowly, but they are always last to respond from a collapse.

Poverty numbers have begun dropping by over a million a year.

Full-time employment is rising; part-time is dropping

More people are insured and don't have to watch loved ones die than ever. If you didn't know folks wasting away with preventable diseases before Obamacare made insurance cover them, consider yourself blessed.

Costs are going up now because there's been a huge backlog of people needing medical care who were cut out before or freeloading emergency rooms. It'll balance out in time, but there's a price to pay to keep people alive. I prefer to value life, myself.

Race relations went down when the black man took over and many bigots got mad. Calling out such racists is not the problem. Them being racist against black people is the problem.

DC and the Middle East have long been DC and there Middle East. If Obama's opposition didn't refuse to work with him, we might be in a better place.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:50 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
This is where I'm confused. Stop dismissing me as a bot, whatever that is. I'm quite independent in my thought. I just know a good president when I see one. I'd say the same of Reagan and the first Bush.

Look at what you list: wages are actually rising, albeit slowly, but they are always last to respond from a collapse.

Welfare numbers have begun dropping by over a million a year.

Full-time employment is rising; part-time is dropping

More people are insured and doing have to watch loved ones die than ever. If you didn't know folks wasting away with preventable diseases before Obamacare made insurance cover them, consider yourself blessed.

Costs are going up now because there's been a huge backlog of people needing medical care who were cut out before or freeloading emergency rooms. It'll balance out in time, but there's a price to pay to keep people alive. I prefer to value life, myself.

Race relations went down when the black man took over and many bigots got mad. Calling out such racists is not the problem. Them being racist against black people is the problem.

DC and the Middle East have long been DC and there Middle East. If Obama's opposition didn't refuse to work with him, we might be in a better place.
Yes, a bot. And the inaccuracy in the last two paragraphs in particular solidify that.
To bots, nothing is his fault, ever. It's always everyone else's fault. And anyone who disagrees is a radical/extremist/far-right wing etc. which is also inaccurate.

It's a waste of time.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:05 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
False. The KKK has increased and strengthened its membership significantly since Obama became president. I know it's hard to admit, but after being a nation of deep racism for generations, it doesn't just fade into distant memory overnight.

As for DC, I don't understand your point. Congress had direct orders from their leadership to not work with Obama, to stand against everything he tried to pass so that they could push him out of office after 4 years. That's verified fact.

Obama legitimately tried to work across the aisle - perhaps for too long. What you're seeing now is a president who's given up trying to make peace with people who won't work with him and finding other ways.
No, this is cherry-picked info. It does not tell the whole story, not at all. You should know that... unless your usual news sources are progressive. Which I suspect.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
False. The KKK has increased and strengthened its membership significantly since Obama became president. I know it's hard to admit, but after being a nation of deep racism for generations, it doesn't just fade into distant memory overnight.

As for DC, I don't understand your point. Congress had direct orders from their leadership to not work with Obama, to stand against everything he tried to pass so that they could push him out of office after 4 years. That's verified fact.

Obama legitimately tried to work across the aisle - perhaps for too long. What you're seeing now is a president who's given up trying to make peace with people who won't work with him and finding other ways.
I remember Obama meeting with Republicans the week after the inauguration in an attempt to find a way to compromise on his stimulus plan. He continued to try to reach across the aisle over the next few years, but the right was not interested in anything but making sure Obama's presidency was a failure. And they didn't even make a pretense otherwise--they stated it outright for all to hear.

I'm glad Obama finally realized it was futile to even try and found other ways to accomplish his goals. And he has pretty much run circles around the GOP for the last six years, despite how hard they have tried to bring him down. For all their opposition, he's pretty much accomplished what he set out to do. History will remember him as a good, if not great, president.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No, this is cherry-picked info. It does not tell the whole story, not at all. You should know that... unless your usual news sources are progressive. Which I suspect.
You all are quick to attack me but offer no actual rebuttals. Telling people they're wrong doesn't make it so.

I didn't cherry pick anything and I get info across a spectrum, so you suspect wrong.

It's simply true that there's a lot of people in this country who don't want a black man in charge. It's simply true that KKK membership has increased. I have no idea why people have a vested interest in pretending racism doesn't exist anymore.

Of course there's racism and issues in black communities. So what?

Why not acknowledge our own racism so we can fix it and move on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies