Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:10 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I guess you didn't realize that the Republican-controlled House and Senate control the government's budget, not the president. Look in the mirror.

Haha. The highly profitable and effective GM of today that kept an entire region of the country from collapsing? The supply chain nightmare alone, not to mention a million jobs, were worth a little investment to keep our industrial base.

Solyndra? You have no idea how energy works I see. You know how many companies were successful?

Just a walking talking point machine who consumes too much fringe right-wing media. You really can't even spell Ronald Reagan's name?

Look - I'm sure you mean well. You're passionate, just led astray by propaganists. It's all good. Your heart's in the right place and you gave it a good try.
Good points skippy. So when the dems were elected in 2006 and took control in 2007 that should easily be tied to the beginning of the slide, huh? And for quite some time we all lived under Pelosi's smug, "we won" and watched Harry Reid tie up every piece of legislation since and until he was dethroned. Tie all of that to the economic performance and shazaam, you are wrong. Take accountability for your choices and your teams decisions.

As it relates to GM, don't hide. The country would have not collapsed. However, giving away money to bottomless pits just might? A million jobs....as if. GM, like most domestic automakers, is a pension company that makes mediocre cars part time. Did you know that in 1990, 62% of the cars roooollling down the us roads was GM product? Did you also know that in 2010 that number had dwindled to less than 22%? Why would we help THAT? How much went to shoring up pensions and buying votes? GM is like a naughty child.

Punish them.

I'd be fine if GM tanked and I would welcome the circumstances. I drive Toyotas. The ripple effect means diick to me. And apparently it means diick to 8 out of 10 americans as they dont drive their shoddy products.....too many recalls.....If Detroit ended up like Flint who would notice....oh wait.....

Solyndra was merely a snapshot of wasteful investments. The 16 billion dollar loss on TARP you avoided as well. Solyndra was a rounding error in comparison but hey, what's nearly a billion amongst friends, right? Please explain the 16 billion dollar loss that they should easily be able to pay back now but, crickets from the left. Solar takes massive investment. We get it. But when money, taxpayer money no less, is used to subsidize development you had better have full accountability. The US taxpayer has already purchased too many $500 hammers and $1,400 toilet seats.....Why do the right thing? Right?

How about the 3 billion loss on cash for clunkers? The MPG gains didn't materialize so our air is roughly the same only we are out $3 billion in subsidies. Nice.

As it relates to Reagan, call Apple,, the pad auto corrected. Please forgive me oh faulty one. It happens but, obviously you got the point. Regardless, if that's your response I've effectively buried you. All that's left is for you to do is simply lay there in the shallow grave you have dug and pull the remaining dirt over yourself.

If I'm what you call the fringe right, we can only assume you are the loon left. Please head to San Fran, LA, or some other popular destination and call it a day. You are toast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 06:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdoo View Post
Actually you miss the point either through ignorance or blindness to the facts. The number one cost to household spending is healthcare. Most households spend more on healthcare than anything else. Also stagflation has taken hold. Most things cost more then before. The paid off debt is an issue but not as much as you think. Most defaulted on the high mortgages. Also your economy which you state is roaring along must be for another country. It certainly is not the USA. We are barely limping along at 2-3%. This is after the BEA changed the way GDP was calculated last April. So do some reading and get some learning.
A) you are wrong when you assert that "[t]he number one cost to household spending is healthcare." Housing costs normally take the biggest bite out of your budget. The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ annual report on consumer expenditures showed that 34 percent of Americans’ spending goes towards housing costs.

According to the same source, Transportation and Food come before Health Care.

B) You are also wrong claiming "[m]ost defaulted on the high mortgages." Most people continued paying their mortgages throughout the financial crisis.

C) I don't think anyone was saying that the economy as "roaring" along. The economy pulled out and is recovering at a slow-moderate pace, as is typical with recessions caused by overreach.

D) A typical meme of the right is that GDP measures were changed and that makes a big difference. No, it doesn't.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:32 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
I seriously wish CD posters could keep the anti-Obama threads under 10 per day.

Hate is contagious.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post

Hate is contagious.
TYRANY!!! lol

Old 09-05-2015, 08:40 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
At least, we know who Trump is, as opposed to what we didn't know about Barry back in ought-8.

And what Obama has brought to us during his time in office wasn't real leadership, but tyranny in its fiercest and most evil form.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:59 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
At least, we know who Trump is, as opposed to what we didn't know about Barry back in ought-8.

And what Obama has brought to us during his time in office wasn't real leadership, but tyranny in its fiercest and most evil form.
Yep... ever since Obama became tyrant I've been putting my pants on differently every morning......

Yep.... I hear Obama eats Christian babies!

Old 09-05-2015, 02:30 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
How dare Obama? Unemployment is at its lowest in 14 years (it's figured the exact same way Bush did). The stock exchange had been booming until this week. Gas prices are the lowest in a long time. we are no longer in 2 stupid expensive wars. He should be tarred and feathered.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

The fact that there is a 2016 election, in which Trump is a participant, seems to undercut your assertion that Mr. Obama brought us Tyranny.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:41 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post

Hate is contagious.

Because any criticism of Obama is hate, by default.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies