Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:30 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,357,150 times

Advertisements

I know many Iranians folks that live in the USA and they are quite friendly and hard working. They do not wear anything on the head, are clean shaven, and the women dress just like Americans females do.

I believe that many in Iran have Western values and they would probably be receptive to friendship with the USA if approached correctly. Unfortunately the country is run by fundamentalist right wing religious nuts, but I wonder if they could also be receptive to friendly gestures.

We complain all day about the "death to America, death to Israel" chant but seem to forget our own rhetoric. We call then savages, terrorists, and hate mongers. Many also say we should nuke Iran and bomb all their facilities. Others say we should squeeze even harder with economic sanctions and keep them isolated.

Pretend for one minute that another country threatened the USA in the same manner. Imagine another country putting the US through economic sanctions and calling us barbarians.

How would you feel if another country said: "We cannot have those Americans build a nuclear weapon------------ if they try to do so we will destroy them". As an American: How would you feel if another country told the USA what to do and what not to do?

And people wander why they hate us! They are probably afraid of getting nuked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 08:33 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,374 times
Not as long as those deranged psychotic mullah's are running the show

Old 09-10-2015, 08:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,691,628 times
We could be friends with the people, yes of course.

but we can never be friends with them as a nation as long as they have those looney tunes Islamofascists running their despotic government.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:37 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,569,954 times
I agree Iranians in the West are the most secular leaning immigrants from a Muslim country. Many fled Iran at the fall of the Shah and did not want to live under the tyranny of Islam.

U.S. and Iran can be friends if the Iranian Mullahs stop their hate against the Infidels. Islam commands Muslims to wage jihad against the Infidels and unfortunately for Iranians they are stuck with the Mullahs who practice this to the hilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Not as long as those deranged psychotic mullah's are running the show
I hear you, there is nothing worse than a religious nut. But, how about the Israelis? I think they are also driven by religion. And let's not forget folks like Ted Cruz and Huckaby.

Nevertheless, when Obama won I thought he would pickup the phone and call the Iranians to talk, but he never did. We are friendly with Saudi Arabia and others. Why not Iran? Have we tried to be nice to them?

34,619 posts, read 21,655,389 times
Sure we could. We used to be friends with them before the revolution when they were 'normal'.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:39 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,277,663 times
It's hard to be friends with someone who hates your guts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sure we could. We used to be friends with them before the revolution when they were 'normal'.
The women can be gorgeous!

5,113 posts, read 5,978,614 times
Britain and the U.S. has topple the Iran government twice, installed puppet governments, and stole it's oil each time. Iran then takes back the government and it's oil.

If you were in Iran ... would you want to be our friend?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:40 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,569,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I hear you, there is nothing worse than a religious nut. But, how about the Israelis? I think they are also driven by religion. And let's not forget folks like Ted Cruz and Huckaby.

Nevertheless, when Obama won I thought he would pickup the phone and call the Iranians to talk, but he never did. We are friendly with Saudi Arabia and others. Why not Iran? Have we tried to be nice to them?
We can be friendly with ISIS as well if they would stop saying they want to fly the flag of jihad over the White House. Oh as far as beheadings and sex slavery goes ISIS can continue behind closed doors as other Muslim countries treat Infidels no better. Then even ISIS can be a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies