Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 12:05 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh this myth, that wealthy Americans like to preach so much.
In reality, you don't CHOOSE where ( in what family and place) to be born. The choices that you DO have, are given to you already WITHIN the limitations of the initial bracket you have been put into at your birth.
If you DO escape the trap, that's because of grace of God - it happens, yes, while someone next to you will be making all the "right choices" and still remain in eternal grinder.
Likewise, it's grace of god that allows people to be rich while they think it happens because of their "genius," or "right choices," lol. Just look at statistics, and they will tell you who is doing well for the most part - children from what kind of families and from what income bracket. It will be quite evindent that all your mantra of "making your own choices" is a bogus for the most part.
You make zero sense.

The tiny little special world where everyone is born in to their own and can't get out? That's been disproven over history. And no higher power had anything to do with it.

You don't have to like it, you just have to deal with it.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-27-2015 at 12:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 12:11 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The problem is.....many are able to work but can't afford childcare on the income they make. Childcare is extremely expensive. So what do they do?
My sister runs a day care and the state welfare systems pays her to watch their kids. There are plenty of men on welfare too.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:13 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
I have an employee (23 years old in his 2nd year of college) who was dating a girl (23 years old, dropped out of college) with a 2 year old. He knocked her up. Now he's too busy carting her SAHM rear end, because she has a revoked license due to a DUI, around and driving her to and from work b/c she BARTENDS from 7pm until 3am. At a "wine and dine" movie theater.
SAHM means Stay At Home Mom. She's not a SAHM if she's working.

And very nice, deciding in advance someone is going to steal because you think he will. I thought all you conservatives were against thought crimes?

Old 09-27-2015, 12:39 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
You make zero sense.

The tiny little special world where everyone is born in to their own and can't get out? That's been disproven over history. And no higher power had anything to do with it.

You don't have to like it, you just have to deal with it.
Here, may be this will start making sense to you..)))

Entrepreneurs don’t have a special gene for risk

( Just an example, you know)))

Old 09-27-2015, 12:56 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
SAHM means Stay At Home Mom. She's not a SAHM if she's working.

And very nice, deciding in advance someone is going to steal because you think he will. I thought all you conservatives were against thought crimes?
She's a SAHM until 7pm & when he takes over.

Her parents disowned her when she told them she was pregnant (again) because he (my employee) isn't black. He's Puerto Rican. And her parents? One is a wall street "banker" and the other has a masters in social work and (get this) floats through a local public school system as a "guidance counselor".

Thought crimes?

Please. It's called experience and watching the same thing happen over and over and over and over and over again.

If I expected a different result it would be the definition of insanity.

I like him. I really do. He's a good kid. But I've seen the same situation play out and end up with the same result one too many times to expect anything different.

I'm trying to figure out how NOT to let him end up like all of the rest (if you have any suggestions please let me know).

So far?

He has yet to comply with my 6/1/15 deadline to read/take test (gov't test, not my test) and get fingerprinted. His excuse is his girlfriend or he's watching "her kid".

How many times have you done this? Do you think that's going to end well?

I'm open to suggestions.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:05 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
SAHM means Stay. At. Home. Mom. If mom is working, she is not a SAHM. It doesn't mean part time stay at home mom. She's a working mom. I'm sure you think it's splitting hairs, but I believe in being accurate.

As for your pre-judging the guy, my only suggestion is to maybe not pre-judge poor folks so much. We're not all criminals, believe it or not.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:36 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh this myth, that wealthy Americans like to preach so much.
In reality, you don't CHOOSE where ( in what family and place) to be born. The choices that you DO have, are given to you already WITHIN the limitations of the initial bracket you have been put into at your birth.
If you DO escape the trap, that's because of grace of God - it happens, yes, while someone next to you will be making all the "right choices" and still remain in eternal grinder.
Likewise, it's grace of god that allows people to be rich while they think it happens because of their "genius," or "right choices," lol. Just look at statistics, and they will tell you who is doing well for the most part - children from what kind of families and from what income bracket. It will be quite evindent that all your mantra of "making your own choices" is a bogus for the most part.

What you are describing here, all those "freebies" sound wonderful. The problem is - with scrutiny all those "freebees" turn out to be bogus as well, as a rule. In reality, these subsidies happen here and there only as a necessity to subsidize the so-called "salaries" that American corporations pay lately, while making record profits.

Actually, you will never be able to afford children living at the bottom of American society. By design you are not supposed to have them - you have to serve the well-being of the families/children of the upper bracket.

You mean American public school teach something of value?
Me thinks that education in America is left up to parents. Those who are educated, will educate their children. And children of uneducated parents will remain uneducated - school for sure is not going to do this job. The education is given only at the next level - in colleges ( they patch up what has been withheld in schools.) But that's already not "free" - sorry. They won't give you in America anything of quality in this respect for free, so here goes yet another cliche about the "importance of school," lol.
Many schools dropped all shop classes. Society has the crazy idea that everyone can do computer work Many are not cut out for college.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:38 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
My sister runs a day care and the state welfare systems pays her to watch their kids. There are plenty of men on welfare too.
Every state sets up the system differently. In Missouri, unless a man is disabled, he can;t get welfare.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Welcome to Obama's America
Sorry, Obama didn't create the poor or the social safety net. But he has recommended policies, such as raising the minimum, that help reduce poverty. Guess which people oppose raising the minimum wage?

Old 09-27-2015, 07:48 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
So why is it my responsibility to take care of these people?
That is answered by Nobel winning economist, Joseph Stiglitz,
Quote:
Alexis de Tocqueville once described what he saw as a chief part of the peculiar genius of American society—something he called “self-interest properly understood.” The last two words were the key. Everyone possesses self-interest in a narrow sense: I want what’s good for me right now! Self-interest “properly understood” is different. It means appreciating that paying attention to everyone else’s self-interest—in other words, the common welfare—is in fact a precondition for one’s own ultimate well-being. Tocqueville was not suggesting that there was anything noble or idealistic about this outlook—in fact, he was suggesting the opposite. It was a mark of American pragmatism. Those canny Americans understood a basic fact: looking out for the other guy isn’t just good for the soul—it’s good for business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies