Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 07:55 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I changed the channel when he started his 'gun control' rant. Was there any blame also placed on global warming?
Yup...I'll listen to this clown in the White House when he addresses the issue of the 20 or 30 people that are shot in his hometown of Chicago every weekend. Until then, we can watch Putin walk all over him in the Middle East.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:57 PM

17,598 posts, read 13,378,017 times
I must be getting old. It's taken me almost 4 hours to think about this.

Will his highness obuma fly to Oregon or invite the families to The White House for solace?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
I'm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not even one minute into address the family of the people who died, Obama changed the subject to gun laws and is still talking and going on and on about gun laws!

This is not the time neither the moment but what did we expect! If you don't have that part in your life of understanding when the time is for that than he will never learn!

Obama failed into looking into the issue of mental health care and laws.

Obama doesn't want ID for voters which would be normal and mental nutcase shouldn't be allowed to vote either but for sure not able to buy a gun.

People shoot guns and people kill! Mental cases should not get a gun and if it isn't a gun they will take a knife.

Health care computers for mental health care should be linked to background checks as well for certain prescriptions you should not be allowed to keep or able to buy a gun.

That is what Obama should address but he is rambling now for 10 min about guns and not about the loss for the families!
Perhaps the GOP could quit politicizing Benghazi and do something about the slaughter of our citizens with semi_automatics. Our threat is not ISIS, it is this sort of thing.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:01 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
I feel so sad for all the students and their families affected. I am a student at a community college and I'm trying to better my life and career for the sake of my family as I'm sure all the students at this community college do as well. Then this happen. Some A-hole decides to take out as many people as possible because of his personal issues with the world. WTF! I hope he rots in hell if there is one.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:04 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Calm down and give it time, they will release the information when they are ready to release the information. There is no "politically correct" nonsense going on here, we need to stop acting like all information should be available to us instantly because that is when we are fed false information and half truths.
Kind of like Hillary and her server, huh?

You're pretty trusting that "they" have no agenda. Which, of course, they do. Everyone has an agenda.

It was actually really sad, watching Obama perform his same "routine" (just like he said, this has become routine), not even having the decency to let the grief of the families take precendent over yet another Obama "me moment". It would be easy to respect Obama if he steered the conversation towards the relationship between shooters, BigPharma, mental health, and psychotropic drugs.

But "they" won't let him do that.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Only one per country? In the US, we have a mass shooting monthly!

Old 10-01-2015, 08:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Kind of like Hillary and her server, huh?

You're pretty trusting that "they" have no agenda. Which, of course, they do. Everyone has an agenda.

It was actually really sad, watching Obama perform his same "routine" (just like he said, this has become routine), not even having the decency to let the grief of the families take precendent over yet another Obama "me moment". It would be easy to respect Obama if he steered the conversation towards the relationship between shooters, BigPharma, mental health, and psychotropic drugs.

But "they" won't let him do that.

Thanks for the attempt at trying to deflect, and when I said "they," I meant the police department in Roseburg who is investigating this shooting....I thought that was obvious, but clearly I was wrong.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:08 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I'm
Perhaps the GOP could quit politicizing Benghazi and do something about the slaughter of our citizens with semi_automatics. Our threat is not ISIS, it is this sort of thing.
See if you can persuade the Democrats to do something about the slaughter of our citizens in urban areas with semiautomatics. See how far you get with that.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:08 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not even one minute into address the family of the people who died, Obama changed the subject to gun laws and is still talking and going on and on about gun laws!

This is not the time neither the moment but what did we expect! If you don't have that part in your life of understanding when the time is for that than he will never learn!

Obama failed into looking into the issue of mental health care and laws.

Obama doesn't want ID for voters which would be normal and mental nutcase shouldn't be allowed to vote either but for sure not able to buy a gun.

People shoot guns and people kill! Mental cases should not get a gun and if it isn't a gun they will take a knife.

Health care computers for mental health care should be linked to background checks as well for certain prescriptions you should not be allowed to keep or able to buy a gun.

That is what Obama should address but he is rambling now for 10 min about guns and not about the loss for the families!
Just make it illegal to kill someone, and then all the criminals and crazy people will be forced to stop shooting people. Geeez.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:10 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Only one per country? In the US, we have a mass shooting monthly!
Practically weekly...in CHICAGO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies