Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 05:01 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
With freedom comes responsibility and there are irresponsible gun owners that contribute to the accidental deaths. I do understand some of your points in regard to the availability of guns, I do. But I believe very sincerely that if our lawmakers in Congress tighten gun ownership they will do it in a way that makes it onerous for law abiding citizens while doing nothing to keep guns out of the hands of the crazies or the criminals. They are incompetent.
That's partly my point. Having more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens, has given the criminal element a bonanza of choice is stealing weapons.
That and the fact that getting guns in certain places like gun shows , is way too easy.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I'm not here for your pleasure. I could give a crap whether you believe what I post. You want the information go dig it up.

The truth is out there your problem is that you would prefer that is wasn't. Doesn't fit into your neat little Hoplophobic box.
Thought so.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:07 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That's partly my point. Having more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens, has given the criminal element a bonanza of choice is stealing weapons.
That and the fact that getting guns in certain places like gun shows , is way too easy.
No, it isn't. You've fallen for the media myth of "gunshow loopholes". If you walk into a gun show and purchase a firearm, you are required to go through the exact same process as you would at a firearms dealer's store. The extremely rare exception is if you buy from a private individual, and that transaction would have to take place outside since a private individual is not allowed to set up a booth at a gun show.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Once again, apologies. What I was refering to was the hate speech provisions that seem to limit Canadian's free speech but the US is getting almost as bad so I should probably not have cited that.
Sort of like our gun laws. Greatly misunderstood by many people in the US.

You might be surprised to learn that the VAST majority of Canadians support that law.

Here's an article that may clarify it for you.

People here aren't running around worrying about what they say.

Canada

Old 10-02-2015, 05:14 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Army Veteran Praised As A Hero In Oregon College Shooting : The Two-Way : NPR

I wonder if obuma has called this hero yet. If he was named muhamed and had taken a clock apart, he would have had the call.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:18 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
No, it isn't. You've fallen for the media myth of "gunshow loopholes". If you walk into a gun show and purchase a firearm, you are required to go through the exact same process as you would at a firearms dealer's store. The extremely rare exception is if you buy from a private individual, and that transaction would have to take place outside since a private individual is not allowed to set up a booth at a gun show.
AND it's illegal to sell a gun outside, like out of the trunk of your car.

Here in Cali you can't sell a gun unless an FFL dealer is present.

We have the strictest gun laws in the country... yet the very CA senator (Yee-D) who authored many of those laws is in a Federal prison awaiting trial for running guns, selling guns to gangs, corruption, and vote tampering.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Thought so.
The problem is that you don't think. You regurgitate what is spoon fed to you.

Instead of seeking the truth because it might cause some you sort of cognitive dissonance you'd rather play patty cake and kissy face with posters about how great are the Candian Gun Laws.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What about unlicensed dealers at certain gun shows in certain states? I've read that you don't have to wait for a background check?

Old 10-02-2015, 05:29 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Please share them. You should, especially if it proves your position.
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

Old 10-02-2015, 05:29 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
What about unlicensed dealers at certain gun shows in certain states? I've read that you don't have to wait for a background check?
Which gun shows in which states?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies