Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 05:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I haven't heard " the problem is that you don't think " in years. The last time it was my mother chastising me for running into a side table and breaking a lamp. Ah, memories. Thanks

I have never said or hinted that Canadian gun laws are GREAT, I merely was correcting someone's misunderstanding of those laws.

As for seeking truth. I always seek the truth. You posted a claim without anything to back it up. It's fine to have an opinion, but opinions, well good opinions, must be based on some reality.
I simply asked you to provide that.

You didn't.
So amongst not thinking you also don't comprehend too well.

I don't do others research for them.

If I feel like it I'll post a link.

For my assertion which seems to have caused you all sorts of consternation it is not an opinion but the truth.

As such easy enough to check on that a second grader with access to google can punch in a few key words and have all examples at their finger tips.

With you that seems to be to difficult a task to accomplish.

I suspect though that your stubborn refusal to do your own research has nothing to do with proving my assertion which you know to be true but more to do with you absolutely hating everything about arrogant Gun Toting Americans like myself.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Quote:
It won't open for me. Regardless and no offence, but anything the NRA has to say is probably biased.

Do you have police reports or newspaper accounts of armed citizens stopping a mass shooting?

My observation confirmed.

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
I haven't heard " the problem is that you don't think " in years. The last time it was my mother chastising me for running into a side table and breaking a lamp. Ah, memories. Thanks.
I think the biggest problem people are having with you is that you're simply repeating things you've read, as if it's factual. We've all had experience in dealing with firearms, which I do not believe you have.

For example:
I've read that you don't have to wait for a background check?

The one thing that trumps the internet are facts. Go and actually talk to pro-2nd people, get to know what it is you're talking about before jumping in. This is why you've been dropping jaws, they simply can't believe what you're writing.

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, they have links associated with them....this is just not the NRA....it maybe a NRA link, but again, they have links associated with them...

Google Armed Citizen....

I never said I did, but was that your question? Of course not, you have to change your point to fit you point.
So it's a right wing fringe group arming themselves against a tyranncial government?

If as you seem to believe an armed population is best for safety, why does the US have so many mass shootings?

Not enough people living like there exist in an armed camp?

Old 10-02-2015, 05:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
So it's a right wing fringe group arming themselves against a tyranncial government?

If as you seem to believe an armed population is best for safety, why does the US have so many mass shootings?

Quote:
It won't open for me. Regardless and no offence, but anything the NRA has to say is probably biased.

Do you have police reports or newspaper accounts of armed citizens stopping a mass shooting?

You are the energizer bunny of being completely clueless.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:50 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Texas?
Cite.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:54 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:

If you would open the link, there are links to news stories from each occurrence. Legitimate sources. No excuses.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The don't necessarily need to be hospitalized, they just need to be separated from their guns. Other countries seem to do a better job addressing mentally ill, in many of these cases people see that there is a problem yet there they are showing up on a school campus one day with a 5 guns.

Mass shootings like this haappen every few months now, there needs to be a solution.
one thing you still have to deal with is due process. you cannot remove someones guns just because you think they are mentally ill. once they have been properly adjudicated, and found to be mentally defective in a court of law, THEN you can remove their firearms from them.

but until such time as the person in question has been through the system, you cannot violate their constitutional rights.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Only in your leftist mind....

Quote:
Nope, again, this is a leftist meme....there is a difference in wanting to protect yourself and some stupid idiot going out and killing people.

Quote:
How about some English, Canuck....

Old 10-02-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
one thing you still have to deal with is due process. you cannot remove someones guns just because you think they are mentally ill. once they have been properly adjudicated, and found to be mentally defective in a court of law, THEN you can remove their firearms from them.

but until such time as the person in question has been through the system, you cannot violate their constitutional rights.
Not in Kalifornia. If you are deemed 5150 your guns can be confiscated without a court order. You would need to go to court to have them released back to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies