Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 03:26 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Sure, it's all good. They just want a new place to wage jihad. Maybe they will start in D.C., New York, Chicago etc.,
That's the problem with our politicians; they never invite them into their back yard!

Old 10-02-2015, 03:30 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Another great sales pitch from THE MAN. The gats will be flying off the shelf's again....

Old 10-02-2015, 03:34 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Obviously we have a failure to communicate. Chicago's high homicide rate is not due to guns coming or going inside the city but is due to a bunch of gangbangers who have little regard for life and by liberal politicians who know where the guns are but refuse to go into the area and bust the little low lifes. All the talk about getting rid of guns and yet liberals refuse to take care of business in their own backyards.
The discussion was influence from outside Chicago, many of those gang members acquire weapons from outside sources with weak gun laws. The Chicago police want stricter gun control and I would not classify them as liberal. The point is that they do not live in a vacuum, without universal gun laws they will continue to buy from the weakest link.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:38 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Guns are not difficult to get in either country..
They are difficult to acquire in both countries and there are more restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They aren't turned down because they aren't in the system.....even when they are like with Adam Lanza, that doesn't stop them.
Dylan Roof got a gun as do thousands every year when they could not comply with the 3 day limit, what's the rush, some countries have 29 days or longer.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:41 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
U

My assumption came from the fact that most liberals have a fit if it is even suggested that one might have a gun for defense against a furry little animal. Glad you found it amusing, like I find liberal histrionics amusing. And yes, BruSan, a .44 Magnum is just fine for taking down a bear.
The Constitution insures that I don't have to "deal" with the restrictive laws that other countries do. We had at one time leaders who realized just how far an oppressive government can trample on people without a well armed citizenry. Too bad some of our citizens can't understand that concept.

Btw, why would I attempt to impress a Canadian? I'm American.
Equating everything as people on here are prone to doing, as either Liberal or Conservative is not the disparagement you might wish it to be. Few people outside of America give that any notice or credibility at all. We don't shive-a-git what colour you prefer; other than that they're both the same.

Next up; a .44 magnum is not "just fine" for taking down a bear in the context that people set out bear hunting with nothing but their .44 magnum. If you are one who desires the bear to be close enough that the accuracy given by a 6" or 7" inch barrel effective enough so as to mitigate a "real" bear from turning you into puree, then I bet you have no choice but to enjoy hunting alone, eh?

The constitution does nothing to protect multiple teen-agers from being arrested and jailed for months for making supposed threats on a game site, farmers from being arrested for collecting rain water on their own land, and any ole thing the NSA deems is a threat from this restrictive piece of legislation USA Freedom Act is Anything But getting a full court press on your butt is what other countries don't have to put up with. So what restrictive laws are we really talking about here...... a law preventing you from carrying a firearm around in your pocket........please!

And this little reference was interpreted as trying to impress the Canadian, "We actually might(gasp)kill a bear or mountain lion in the backyard" as if that is somehow unique to America, with all the breathless gasping.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:45 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The discussion was influence from outside Chicago, many of those gang members acquire weapons from outside sources with weak gun laws. The Chicago police want stricter gun control and I would not classify them as liberal. The point is that they do not live in a vacuum, without universal gun laws they will continue to buy from the weakest link.
Sorry, but the only way those Chicago gangs will not get guns is if you outlaw guns completely, and the sad fact is they would still get them. But hey, the law abiding citizens won't have them so no worries, right?
The lack of will on the Chicago politicians parts to rid their city of these vermin are a large part of their problem. Guns are the excuse.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Equating everything as people on here are prone to doing, as either Liberal or Conservative is not the disparagement you might wish it to be. Few people outside of America give that any notice or credibility at all. We don't shive-a-git what colour you prefer; other than that they're both the same.

Next up; a .44 magnum is not "just fine" for taking down a bear in the context that people set out bear hunting with nothing but their .44 magnum. If you are one who desires the bear to be close enough that the accuracy given by a 6" or 7" inch barrel effective enough so as to mitigate a "real" bear from turning you into puree, then I bet you have no choice but to enjoy hunting alone, eh?

The constitution does nothing to protect multiple teen-agers from being arrested and jailed for months for making supposed threats on a game site, farmers from being arrested for collecting rain water on their own land, and any ole thing the NSA deems is a threat from this restrictive piece of legislation USA Freedom Act is Anything But getting a full court press on your butt is what other countries don't have to put up with. So what restrictive laws are we really talking about here...... a law preventing you from carrying a firearm around in your pocket........please!

And this little reference was interpreted as trying to impress the Canadian, "We actually might(gasp)kill a bear or mountain lion in the backyard" as if that is somehow unique to America, with all the breathless gasping.
I wasn't ever referring to HUNTING a bear, I was talking about killing a nuisance bear in my backyard. Please keep up. And pardon me, are you not located in the US? Because most of us do not care what people in other countries think of our politics.
The Second Ammendment's protections are not hard to understand unless you have an agenda.

And my breathless gasp was mocking the usual nonsense from the Left regarding the poor, defenseless little animals in the woods crap.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:02 PM

335 posts, read 376,558 times
Was it a hate crime, the shooter was half black and all white were killed, yet no mention of anything except he belonged to a white supremecist group. I dont think so. It was racially and religiously motivated

Old 10-02-2015, 04:07 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Most Liberals are for gun control, while most Conservatives are not. Very American? Why thank you, third generation Swede and thankfully integrated. There are many, many guns in this country and it will not be a simple matter to remove them. Your countrymen have been castrated by your government, ours have not.
Interesting, that my pointing out that the liberal conservative split on gun control in the US is a very American thing.
It was an observation.
The fact that you seemed to take the term " very American " as some sort of insult is confusing to me.

I would say Jazz is " very American " and I wouldn't think someone would take offence to that.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Interesting, that my pointing out that the liberal conservative split on gun control in the US is a very American thing.
It was an observation.
The fact that you seemed to take the term " very American " as some sort of insult is confusing to me.

I would say Jazz is " very American " and I wouldn't think someone would take offence to that.
Then I owe you a sincere apology as I did in fact take it as an insult. I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies