Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 07:15 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

I don't see many solutions in this group, not much energy but it will be a campaign issue.

GOP Candidates' Positions On Guns Unchanged After Oregon Shooting
Quote:

Dr. Ben Carson said Friday in Iowa said early warning systems that identify a
possible culprit need to be put in place. "You're not going to handle it with
more gun control because gun control only works for normal law abiding citizens.
It doesn't work for crazies," Carson said.

On MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Donald Trump called the situation "horrible" and
noted that school shootings are "sort of unique to this country" but said
inferred that there's not much that can be done.
GOP Candidates' Positions On Guns Unchanged After Oregon Shooting - NBC News

Jeb Bush:

“I had this challenge as governor because we had — look, stuff happens,” he said at a forum in South Carolina. “There’s always a crisis and the impulse is always to do something, and it’s not necessarily the right thing to do.”

http://www.cityofchicago.org/dam/city/depts/mayor/Press%20Room/Press%20Releases/2014/May/05.27.14TracingGuns.pdf

Old 10-02-2015, 07:18 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't know now all the steps but go back...the link is provided.

We have covered this. We refuse to have the discussion about whether or not certain people should be restricted but to stop them you are going to most likely have to restrict them.

As far as restrictions on others go the reason to avoid them isn't because some will get around them but rather because owning one is a Constitutionally granted rights.
All of our rights are unalienable as we are born with them. The Constitution does not give the federal government power to trample them. It's the same as one's heart beating, government has no power over that, though the liberal demo weenies think they do. They vote for the demo losers who think as they do.

Orwell and Rand would burst into flames if they saw the current state of the union. They wrote about it 60+ years ago and it is upon us.

We should all choose to be selfish objectivists.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:25 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see many solutions in this group, not much energy but it will be a campaign issue.

Jeb Bush:

“I had this challenge as governor because we had — look, stuff happens,” he said at a forum in South Carolina. “There’s always a crisis and the impulse is always to do something, and it’s not necessarily the right thing to do.”

http://www.cityofchicago.org/dam/city/depts/mayor/Press%20Room/Press%20Releases/2014/May/05.27.14TracingGuns.pdf

Jeb is irrelevant. I have no idea how or why he is even in the same paragraph as other GOP candidates.

GOP positions on guns should not be a talking point. Only demo liberal weenies want to politicize and make a point of it. Why? It is the tip of the progressive liberal agenda. Mussolini and Hitler pushed the agenda and look what happened to those countries. World War what?

Old 10-02-2015, 07:26 PM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Well, then tell us which way the dems should go on this.

Please, in very descriptive fashion, tell us what you would like the solution to be.

Now, I'll even throw in this, just give us your opinion....you are not a candidate, right....so just tell us how you feel...

Really...

Quote:

Jeb Bush:

The rest of your drivel above, who cares...the dems just say "we need common sense gun laws" .....

Please tell us, what common sense gun laws have dems provided?

I'd like to see a list of these laws...

Old 10-02-2015, 07:34 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Do you wish to impose on the private sales of anything and everything? You are pushing a BIG BROTHER agenda hard, pal.
Does the pharmacist at your drugstore know everyone who comes in and buys opioids? No, and he has no reason to either.

The guns sold at NY gun shows to people by FFL dealers are required to have background checks because of squealing liberal democrat weenies who favor equality, LGBT and abortion above all else. Private sales are out of that loop.
Let's go for a ride around the block and make the deal. It's not illegal, it's private.
VA isn't going to budge; I don't care what the democrat liberal weenies in NOVA think. The rest of the state is wide open and conservative.

As for your link - a bill to ban the handling of guns for kids under 4? Really? Who is going to enforce it? How about toy guns?
Once again how does a private seller know who they are selling to without a background check.

Pharmacists require a prescription no?

NYS FFL dealers are required to do background checks at all gun shows, that is not particular to NYS.

Most gun shows in NY and other states have taken the extra step to require all guns sold at their shows have a background check including private sales

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1289351

Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Once again how does a private seller know who they are selling to without a background check.

Pharmacists require a prescription no?

NYS FFL dealers are required to do background checks at all gun shows, that is not particular to NYS.

Most gun shows in NY and other states have taken the extra step to require all guns sold at their shows have a background check including private sales

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1289351
I was buying and selling guns, private property, to private citizens in parking lots, garage sales and my front yard before the panty waists here in Kommiefornia changed the law after Patrick Purdy shot up that school and forced law abiding citizens to go to an FFL to make sure Big Government was keeping track of all the good little boys and girls. Oh yeah it was Republicans at that time that passed and signed these new gun laws.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:10 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,583,144 times
Yea... Funny how the rest of the western world doesn't have the same problem... Oh that's because we have gun restrictions that protect us from the mentally insane!! America needs to grow up!

Old 10-02-2015, 09:31 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
Perhaps it would be a good idea to arm enough specialized personnel that would just "hang out" in civil clothes and intervene as needed? Hey...here's some job creation for you.

The idea that all private citizens should carry guns for self-protection and turn the US into a massive Wild, Wild West is obviously completely insane; but this...why not?
It looks like it might do some good, considering current overall conditions in the US (availability of guns, mental illness, repressed resentments, etc).

Pragmatism before doctrine.
Did I say turn the US into a Wild West? I'm saying that we should look at ways to turn soft targets for these nuts into question marks. So if they think there are multiple employees walking around in the building with concealed firearms do you think they may reconsider their plan?

Old 10-02-2015, 10:07 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
This is funny and very American. Your guns agains tanks, jet fighters etc. Ya, that's going to work. At best you will be holed up like in Waco, Texas...eventually....

Also this attack on Liberals, as if they are the only ones for saner gun laws. I'm sure there are many people from all political stripes that favour gun control.
The Taliban seems to have held their own against two world superpowers. Like the other amendments the purpose of the 2nd is to keep government in check.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:22 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Why does our country have so much gun violence when other countries don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies