Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:43 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Landmark deal here further cements President Obama's legacy as the greatest President we've ever had. CHANGE. Face it Pubs, you have failed to discredit this guy.

Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiators reach landmark trade deal | MSNBC
No need for the Republicans to discredit him - he's doing a fine job of it himself.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:21 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Except it isn't. Please explain exactly how this is even NAFTA-lite?

(Just fyi: I actually don't like this deal in principle. When the details are available I would make a more reasoned opinion.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not at all familiar with the terms of the agreement, so I'm coming at this blindly.

Please share with me what sets this in americas interest.

Thanks

Next time, take your time..

Here is a start though http://www.economist.com/news/financ...rike-ambitious

Old 10-05-2015, 06:49 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
Quote:

Here is a start though Twelve countries reach an agreement on trans-Pacific trade | The Economist
^^ error in the article, "Australia succeeded in trimming the period of protection from generic imitators that America demanded for biologic drugs from 12 years to eight"

I believe the period of protection, is 5. i.e No change for Australia

TPP deal inching closer, as US caves on drugs | afr.com

Old 10-05-2015, 06:50 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,483 times
I'm not sure why OP would be excited about this.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:

Here is a start though Twelve countries reach an agreement on trans-Pacific trade | The Economist
Your link doesnt answer the question..

Old 10-05-2015, 07:05 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Separation of powers.

Like I said, it's unconstitutional. That job is for Congress. Article 1, Section 8 Clause 3 Congress exercising its power to regulate foreign commerce
Of course it's Constitutional..because Administration and their appointed negotiators along with other Country's negotiate....BUT the actual "Agreement" doesn't not become active until "Congress" votes on it..I do not see just what the problem is???????????

The actual agreement details will be open for Congress to discuss/argue about ..prior to voting..so where is the problem...

I've read many who hate any and all Government agreements..negotiations..or whatever..because it's based on the agenda..GET RID OF ALL GOVERNMENT mentality..Let's go to anarchy..let it become the survival of the fittest Country.. Never mind..Right extreme view of BO has been so nasty since 2009...

In the meantime..none of us yet know the details..but automatically JUDGE it and compare to previous "Trade Deals"...Nothing new ..Past Trade deals weren't particularly protective of American nor any other Country for that matter..so it's worth a look loo into those details...Word has it..far more than prior deals..American interests were NOT protected ( look what China did with there aberrant productions) and cause transfer of workers and productions of goods!!!

Old 10-05-2015, 08:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
The actual agreement details will be open for Congress to discuss/argue about ..prior to voting..so where is the problem...
Can it be done without Banking and Corporate Lobbyists infesting DC or writing the dam thing themselves?

One only need look at the Trade Deals done with China, Favored Trading Nation Status and all that, where American Corporations supported human rights and enviromental abuses in China to understand they are not trust worthy.

Do you know that millions of Chinese were uprooted from their lands and sent to the cities to work in order to be slaves in making widgets, sell it to sucker Americans in order for the rich to get richer?

There is absolutely nothing to trust when it comes to Washington DC and their Corporate and Banking Lackeys in bed with them.

Nothing

Old 10-05-2015, 09:47 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Of course it's Constitutional..because Administration and their appointed negotiators along with other Country's negotiate....BUT the actual "Agreement" doesn't not become active until "Congress" votes on it..I do not see just what the problem is???????????
Because it's the job of Congress. What part of that don't you get? And it is the problem when you have a scumbag for a president and he wont allow congress or we the people to see what's in it. Again CONGRESS not the President makes the deal. Congress has the input and for the most part Obama needs to stay out.

Quote:
Transparency, and less-of-a-rushed-process so people can know exactly what they are voting for.

Quote:
I've read many who hate any and all Government agreements..negotiations..or whatever..because it's based on the agenda..GET RID OF ALL GOVERNMENT mentality..Let's go to anarchy..let it become the survival of the fittest Country.. Never mind..Right extreme view of BO has been so nasty since 2009...
sigh....No you haven't read many. I have yet to see ANY serious posts here that stated they want anarchy. Make something else up. The view of Obama is justified since his administration is a failure and he's a bald faced liar.

Quote:
In the meantime..none of us yet know the details..but automatically JUDGE it and compare to previous "Trade Deals"...Nothing new ..Past Trade deals weren't particularly protective of American nor any other Country for that matter..so it's worth a look loo into those details...Word has it..far more than prior deals..American interests were NOT protected ( look what China did with there aberrant productions) and cause transfer of workers and productions of goods!!!
Agreed but we're also judging it BECAUSE of its secrecy. Don't discuss it? What kind of garbage is that? Plus when a couple of congress critters, who are noted for their knowledge on the economy because they've been right, tell us it's bad, I believe them.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:58 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,080 times
The Trans Pacific Partnership; The Corporate Takeover of Trade Policy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPl41WC2XhY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O_Sbbeqfdw

Old 10-05-2015, 10:17 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your link doesnt answer the question..

But I did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies