Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the first democratic debate?
Clinton 61 36.53%
Sanders 71 42.51%
O'Malley 4 2.40%
Webb 27 16.17%
Chaffee 4 2.40%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 09:32 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,575,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
If Bernie can't take on his party especially Hillary on campaign finance ans dirty money how is he going to take on the system.....he didn't even attack Hillary on this and she is very vulnerable.....the guy is a joke! soft.
Exactly! He had so much stuff he could have whacked her with, but instead was weak on her attack on him. Hillary may have made out decent, but she still has a hard road to travel, and being the best of the Democrats does not guarantee her a win. I hope Joe decides to run. He may be able to pull enough votes away from her to keep her from winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 09:32 PM

5,363 posts, read 5,143,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Hillary won this debate hands down, she was poised and knowledgeable.. I was torn between her and Sanders but after tonight I'm all in for Hillary
I don't get you. I saw NOTHING that made me think she was the best. She didn't have any policy answers. It was all fluff talking points.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:33 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The debate wasn't boring! It was full of policy substance and genuine debate on serious issues. Something the GOP debates couldn't give us.
All of the Presidential candidates were cordial & respectful of each other and nothing near the the last two GOP "Zoo" debates.

substance???? LMAO!!! how are they going to pay for all their promises with a 20 TRILLION dollar debt?

FREE healthcare for all including illegals ......free college for everybody including ILLEGALS.....raise the min. wage to $15.

Nobody talked about the national debt.....how they going to get China and India to go along with their liberal global warming of taxation? details??/

what is Hillary going to do, chase the Chinese President into a room and make him sign a deal about global warming like the B.S. she said in the debate? LOL

Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Martin O'Malley won the debate.

42,851 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I don't get you. I saw NOTHING that made me think she was the best. She didn't have any policy answers. It was all fluff talking points.
And you support who?

Old 10-13-2015, 09:34 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
There are no winners in this debate.

There are, however, 320 million losers in this country that suffer from "candidate deficiency".

Old 10-13-2015, 09:35 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,575,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
That's why he gets my vote. He is the ONLY candidate along with Chafee that could pull the majority of the moderate vote. Sanders is all class warfare, Hillary has the worst record, and OMalley has an energy and gun policy that will shoot him down.

Agreed. Best political debate I have seen.
I would not vote for Mallory if he was the only Candidate.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:35 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
For those who missed the debate here's the sum up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=navxaJbjQNI

Old 10-13-2015, 09:36 PM

5,363 posts, read 5,143,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
substance???? LMAO!!! how are they going to pay for all their promises with a 20 TRILLION dollar debt?

FREE healthcare for all including illegals ......free college for everybody including ILLEGALS.....raise the min. wage to $15.

Nobody talked about the national debt.....how they going to get China and India to go along with their liberal global warming of taxation? details??/

what is Hillary going to do, chase the Chinese President into a room and make him sign a deal about global warming like the B.S. she said in the debate? LOL
That ^^ is why Webb can have a respectable presence among conservatives. The others come across as promising a pipe dream. I think Sanders addresses the issues, but I don't like his solutions.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Who won the debate is not determined by who got the most talk time, or who got the loudest applause. it is about who got their ideas out there and put the most effort in their answers(at least in my opinion)

And that person would be Governor O'Malley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies