Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the first democratic debate?
Clinton 61 36.53%
Sanders 71 42.51%
O'Malley 4 2.40%
Webb 27 16.17%
Chaffee 4 2.40%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 09:25 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,135,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Hilldog helped herself the most. Sanders was solid. O'Malley had a few good moments and was the only one young enough to look good on TV. Webb sounded like a Republican who showed up for the wrong debate, and Chaffee was pretty dreadful.
Agree on all counts. I was thinking the same thing about Webb. He was in the wrong debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 PM

9,567 posts, read 5,674,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
boring debate.....I felt bad for Jim W
The debate wasn't boring! It was full of policy substance and genuine debate on serious issues. Something the GOP debates couldn't give us.
All of the Presidential candidates were cordial & respectful of each other and nothing near the the last two GOP "Zoo" debates.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,339,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Clinton looked presidential tonight, in tone, in articulation, in strength. I bet she gets a big bump from this debate. Based on her performance tonight, I don't think anyone in the Democratic party is going to knock her off her position at the top of the polls.
I can't imagine why anyone would vote for Hillary. She's about as corrupt as any politician in our history.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:27 PM

39,185 posts, read 51,552,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Clinton looked presidential tonight, in tone, in articulation, in strength. I bet she gets a big bump from this debate. Based on her performance tonight, I don't think anyone in the Democratic party is going to knock her off her position at the top of the polls.
She pulled off what is very difficult for a woman to do fair or unfair - show strength but don't come across as a beatch. Fiorina could learn from this performance.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:28 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,309,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Hilldog helped herself the most. Sanders was solid. O'Malley had a few good moments and was the only one young enough to look good on TV. Webb sounded like a Republican who showed up for the wrong debate, and Chaffee was pretty dreadful.

please, Bernie Solid????? he didn't answer Hillary when Hillary attacked him on his gun control record WEAK!!!...Bernie didn't even attack Hillary on campaign donations the biggest threat to our democracy (his words)....he treated Hillary like he wants to work in her administration....what a joke.

Webb is an old school Democrat, that knows his foreign policy....that's how left the democrat party has gone.....everything is FREE STUFF and the same class warfare crap they play every 4 years.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 10-13-2015 at 09:40 PM..

Old 10-13-2015, 09:29 PM

42,832 posts, read 26,588,423 times
Hillary won this debate hands down, she was poised and knowledgeable.. I was torn between her and Sanders but after tonight I'm all in for Hillary

38,496 posts, read 25,924,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
LOL, i saw that.

His 2 racism tweets( that he has now deleted), were especially funny.
Huckabee may have deleted them but they are caught forever by screen shot. I can't believe he was a Reverend!

2,605 posts, read 2,734,899 times
Quote:
If Bernie can't take on his party especially Hillary on campaign finance ans dirty money how is he going to take on the system.....he didn't even attack Hillary on this and she is very vulnerable.....the guy is a joke! soft.

Bernie indirectly referenced to Hillary's finance & dirty money. but he is trying to stay true to his value of not attacking his opponent. That is a promise he made to his supporter that he will not win by bullying. He will let the audience come to their own conclusion. The sad part is most people (the average audience) are not smart enough to get his message

Old 10-13-2015, 09:31 PM

5,393 posts, read 5,229,497 times
Quote:
please, Bernie Solid????? he didn't answer Hillary when Hillary attacked him on his gun control record WEAK!!!...Bernie didn't even attack Hillary on campaign donations the biggest threat to our democracy (his words)....he treated Hillary like he wants to work in her administration....what a joke.

Webb is an old school Democrat, that knows his foreign policy....that's how left the democrat party has gone.....everything is FREE STUFF and the same class warfare crap the play every 4 years.
That's why he gets my vote. He is the ONLY candidate along with Chafee that could pull the majority of the moderate vote. Sanders is all class warfare, Hillary has the worst record, and OMalley has an energy and gun policy that will shoot him down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The debate wasn't boring! It was full of policy substance and genuine debate on serious issues. Something the GOP debates couldn't give us.
All of the Presidential candidates were cordial & respectful of each other and nothing near the the last two GOP "Zoo" debates.
Agreed. Best political debate I have seen.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:31 PM

594 posts, read 504,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Now I see how some of the left wing posters in here sound like such fools, their leaders are bat crap crazy and they believe what they say. There is no leadership ability in the democratic party, all a bunch of wimps like obama..
Those of you who support the democrats are brain washed, or perhaps they're like obama and just plain hate America...
Whining again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies