Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 08:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,983,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
International gun control, maybe?
I think you nailed it! It is about gun running, along with Fast & Furious. For a group of people who hate guns, it is amazing how many they are running to other people and countries.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ugh, let it go. Why won't right wingers let the dead rest in peace?
She is running for President......and she is the next one going after our guns. She is not even protecting other nations, what makes you think she can protect America?

Old 10-20-2015, 08:17 AM

16,772 posts, read 8,769,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Perhaps the 9th "investigation" will be the charm....
Come on Bob.
To ignore what I said in my previous post above yours is totally partisan. How can any committee or investigative agency ever do a proper investigation when much of the potentially damning information is being held back. How well would Hillary and others investigating Watergate have done without the tapes that Nixon was trying to hold back?
The difference between Nixon & Hillary of course is that he turned over the tapes, and she chose to delete tens of thousands of her emails.

There is a reason the SD played dumb saying they had turned over all the info/documents/emails related to Benghazi which might have been technically true, but they failed to mention they never had Hillary's because she had a separate server. Obviously the SD's implied ignorance was just an effort to help deflect and delay any efforts to look into the fiasco over there.

As an FYI, just as you suspect the (R's) are being partisan, if fair and honest, you must also then believe the (D's) are as well.
Had Hillary not been running for president, you and other (D's) would not be so invested in trying to defend her.

Frankly, having nothing to do with politics, I cannot believe how Obama & Co have thrown others like Pretorius under the bus, yet continue to cover for Hillary.
I also find it hard to believe so many (D's) can still support her considering how intentionally deceptive she has been with this whole server issue. In her press conference at the UN, she lied through her teeth and virtually everyone knows it.
To think she would be going though this self inflicted wound without a real reason, would be to think she is some naïve babe in the woods. Instead whatever she has erased was obviously much more politically damaging than anything she may face now, based on what is still accessible.

Lets see how addicted to the koolaid you are with your reply.

`

Old 10-20-2015, 08:34 AM

4,808 posts, read 3,530,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Come on Bob.
To ignore what I said in my previous post above yours is totally partisan. How can any committee or investigative agency ever do a proper investigation when much of the potentially damning information is being held back. How well would Hillary and others investigating Watergate have done without the tapes that Nixon was trying to hold back?
The difference between Nixon & Hillary of course is that he turned over the tapes, and she chose to delete tens of thousands of her emails.

There is a reason the SD played dumb saying they had turned over all the info/documents/emails related to Benghazi which might have been technically true, but they failed to mention they never had Hillary's because she had a separate server. Obviously the SD's implied ignorance was just an effort to help deflect and delay any efforts to look into the fiasco over there.

As an FYI, just as you suspect the (R's) are being partisan, if fair and honest, you must also then believe the (D's) are as well.
Had Hillary not been running for president, you and other (D's) would not be so invested in trying to defend her.

Frankly, having nothing to do with politics, I cannot believe how Obama & Co have thrown others like Pretorius under the bus, yet continue to cover for Hillary.
I also find it hard to believe so many (D's) can still support her considering how intentionally deceptive she has been with this whole server issue. In her press conference at the UN, she lied through her teeth and virtually everyone knows it.
To think she would be going though this self inflicted wound without a real reason, would be to think she is some naïve babe in the woods. Instead whatever she has erased was obviously much more politically damaging than anything she may face now, based on what is still accessible.

Lets see how addicted to the koolaid you are with your reply.

`
Hillary didnt do well in the Watergate investigation as she was fired...
Just like Capone, she will get busted sometime, maybe in a future history book of a foreign country in the next century.. Until Bill dies, she is untouchable.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Perhaps the 9th "investigation" will be the charm....
Why did she delete them in the first place?

Old 10-20-2015, 08:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,299,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
She is running for President......and she is the next one going after our guns. She is not even protecting other nations, what makes you think she can protect America?
No one's coming for your guns.....

Old 10-20-2015, 08:56 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,914,082 times
Hillary is an example of all that is wrong in DC. Rules are for common folk, not the elitists. Do we want a President who is so willing to ignore the rules simply because she feels that she is above the rules, or because she believes that she really knows what is best? The security rules are there for a reason. Regardless of whether her breach caused damage the potential was there. She has a long history of dishonesty and her integrity is at best nonexistent. In short do we really want to give Hillary yet another free pass? Do we want to give any politician a free pass? I would be fired from where I work if I had done what Hillary did. Shouldn't we hold politicians to at least the same accountability that folks in the private sector are held to? How many lies must we forgive or overlook? How many indiscretions or flaunting of protocols and rules should we ignore simply because a politician is from our chosen party? My opinion is very few. Hold them to the highest of standards. Remember we get what we accept...

Old 10-20-2015, 09:15 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,914,082 times
Quote:
No one's coming for your guns.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Reserve_Act
Pretty sure no one believed that the Fed was going after their gold either, and yet the FED had no problem seizing the private property of private citizens.
Do I think they will go after guns? No not really. What I do think is that they will make it extremely expensive and difficult to be an owner of firearms.
In regards to Benghazi. From what I have read they had sufficient Intelligence to be proactive. Other countries seemed to recognize the threat and evacuated their personnel. We didn't even move our Navy in closer to the threat. I could be wrong but we always have a carrier battle group in the Med. Why were our assets to far away to be of any help? Hind sight is 20/20 I get that, but other countries seemed to have predicted what was coming. Then the debacle of blaming a little known video??? The reason so many doubt Hillary and Obama is because they tend to lie and lie a lot.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:20 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,299,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Reserve_Act
Pretty sure no one believed that the Fed was going after their gold either, and yet the FED had no problem seizing the private property of private citizens.
Do I think they will go after guns? No not really. What I do think is that they will make it extremely expensive and difficult to be an owner of firearms.
In regards to Benghazi. From what I have read they had sufficient Intelligence to be proactive. Other countries seemed to recognize the threat and evacuated their personnel. We didn't even move our Navy in closer to the threat. I could be wrong but we always have a carrier battle group in the Med. Why were our assets to far away to be of any help? Hind sight is 20/20 I get that, but other countries seemed to have predicted what was coming. Then the debacle of blaming a little known video??? The reason so many doubt Hillary and Obama is because they tend to lie and lie a lot.
How much has the cost of guns gone up in the past 8 years? Obama has Ben coming for our guns for years ad right wingers would say with no proof of that ever happening.

As for Benghazi, this is nothing more than a hot air piece that Republicans won't let go.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:28 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,399,599 times
Quote:
How much has the cost of guns gone up in the past 8 years? Obama has Ben coming for our guns for years ad right wingers would say with no proof of that ever happening.

As for Benghazi, this is nothing more than a hot air piece that Republicans won't let go.

.... and "Watergate" was just some overzealous campaign workers trying to collect some intel about the DNC to help with the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies