Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 07:32 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,634,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
After 11 hours, his face shining with sweat, he admitted they had discovered nothing new.

Unfortunately for GOP, the damage is done. This was a gift for the Clinton campaign.
It was. She should thank them.

Gowdy was awful sweaty, wasn't he?

Old 10-23-2015, 07:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,634,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The partisans think this investigation is about Hilary, but it's about four dead Americans, and trying to discover what when wrong in our grossly incompetent and corrupt presidential administration.
Maybe 7 investigations ago. Now, it's Kabuki theatre for Republican blowhards who never met a camera they didn't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Maybe their plan is to keep her there until November 2016. At this point they probably can't beat her any other way.
Ha! Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
How many investigations is it going to take until you actually read one of them? The CIA has already been queried about why the CIA characterized it as a spontaneous attack.
They don't really care. They are just waiting for that 'gotcha' moment.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-23-2015 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 10-23-2015, 07:45 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,001,894 times
Benghazi Committee Instructs Hillary Clinton To Limit Answers To ‘I Failed The American People’: The Onion

Old 10-23-2015, 07:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,994,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
"Faithfully answered?" Hillary really does have her suck-ups and admirers, doesn't she? And you forgot to mention the FBI "witch hunt."

The only thing on display was Hillary's lies, and they were front and center. Too bad you missed Rep. Jordan, who exposed MORE of her lies. Seems Hillary emailed BOTH the Libyan president and the Egyptian PM, informing them that the Benghazi was a planned al-Quaida terrorist attack--not the film she pointed to, even on the tarmac, when she told a serviceman's grieving parents, "We'll get 'em [those responsible for the film]."

Yes, Hillary Clinton's lies, lack of trustworthiness, political expediency, and finger-pointing (rather than introspection) were all on display, again, as they have been in her 30+ years in the public spotlight. There will always be people who don't care about that because there really is a sucker born every minute.

And Hillary Clinton is counting on it.
I think the, what is it, SEVENTH, committee on Benghazi was there to PROVE that these were Hillary's lies, and despite the millions of dollars spent, and hours of testimony, the committee couldn't PROVE anything. You seem to believe that accusations are sufficient.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:52 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,850,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Heard 15.6 million watched, but I digress. I doubt after 11 hours of questioning we know why a US ambassador was allowed to be burned at his residence while the $600B a year defense establishment with all their drones and Raptors and gunships stood by and watched. Believe me, it would not take me 11 hours to ask that question.
So then you think that congressional Rs are a bunch of incompetents who would have a hard time getting out of the door in the morning. Not only the Rs running this committee, but the Rs that have run the previous committees.

I heartily agree.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,988,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I thought she looked like a mom listening to teenagers explain how the car got damaged.
It was my favorite moment.
I think for a future President it looked unprofessional. She smiled when questioned by a Dem and was growling when speaking to Gowdy. She can't like one side of the party and not get along with the other side, this is not Presidential.......we already have this kind of President.

Quote:
Call him when?
In the middle of the attack?
She knew he was in danger. She knew there was no security at the embassy. Stevens asked for more protection why didn't she call him? She expected him to call her.......she was not concerned enough to make the call. I hear she was in another country partying, wonder why this is being hidden.....is Gowdy doing her a favor?
Quote:
Others have noted the attacks attributed to cartoons - why not a video?
Those who attacked due to cartoons were already influenced by a radical ideology. It was the the radical ideology that led them to construe the cartoons as grounds for their actions.
Again, why not a video?
Who others, most are saying the video had nothing to do with it. Strange people are okay with a man in prison for using "freedom of speech" the video was not even that bad, it was somewhat funny! On top of showing how Islam does stone people and behead people for their beliefs.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:01 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,862,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think for a future President it looked unprofessional. She smiled when questioned by a Dem and was growling when speaking to Gowdy. She can't like one side of the party and not get along with the other side, this is not Presidential.......we already have this kind of President.

She knew he was in danger. She knew there was no security at the embassy. Stevens asked for more protection why didn't she call him? She expected him to call her.......she was not concerned enough to make the call. I hear she was in another country partying, wonder why this is being hidden.....is Gowdy doing her a favor?
Who others, most are saying the video had nothing to do with it. Strange people are okay with a man in prison for using "freedom of speech" the video was not even that bad, it was somewhat funny! On top of showing how Islam does stone people and behead people for their beliefs.
Freedom of Speech? I think not, he was in prison for violating his probation from a prior conviction.

Filmmaker Behind Anti-Islam Film Released From Halfway House « CBS Los Angeles

Nakoula, whose name in court files is Mark Basseley Youssef, was sentenced in November to a year in federal prison for using false names in violation of a probation order on a bank fraud case. That case was not related to the film.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:01 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,400,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The idea that the Secretary of State had direct culpability for those deaths has no basis in the facts that have come to light. It also reflects a complete lack of knowledge about how security matters are determined -- psst, the Sec'y of State isn't involved.

Perhaps you wish to tell us how Mrs. Clinton is responsible for those events half-way around the world but President Bush was not responsible for the 9/11 attacks on American soil?

You would think that Hillary cared more about the safety of "her good friend Chris". Instead, she IGNORED his pleas for more security and left him to die. That is a fact.

Hillary'a last "close personal friend" Vince Foster ended up dead in Ft. Marcy Park.

Last edited by LetsRock; 10-23-2015 at 09:31 AM..

Old 10-23-2015, 08:06 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,780,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Why does Chelsea Clinton know almost immediately this was led by Al Qaeda affiliated group while the US population is being fed a narrative focusing on this video for more than a week?

She feels the need to mention it as the caskets but no mention of Al Qaeda affiliated group?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSooz2wXpes
From the bits I listened to, she tried to pawn it off on the CIA. That was the narrative that they told us to say! Let me get this straight, even when you know the truth, you will still publically lie because that's protocol? What happened to leaders with some freaking grit to say, hey guys, you got it wrong, and we can't deceive the American people here.

Even if Hilary truly did not lie then Benghazi shows that she is incompetent. The Democrats are going to now spin this as Republican bullies just trying to undermine her campaign and liberals will eat it up. Even with hardcore evidence on their side, the Republicans still manage to lose yet again!

I think the real truth is something uglier than Watergate. The leaders at the helm with Benghazi were more concerned with saving Obama's presidential campaign than American lives in peril. Obama needed to spin this fiction that he destroyed Al Qaeda by killing Bin Laden.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:07 AM

37,833 posts, read 41,181,592 times
How will the Democrat voters know. The media barely reported on it when it happened. Last night Jesse Waters asked someone about Benghazi and that person kept referring to Benghazi as "him." Ben Ghazi)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies