Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 08:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Even the hearing chair was stumped to come up with anything incriminating that came out of the 11 hours of witch-hunt. Why is it that you all are so sure that everyone is lying. You seem to be calling all the Republicans that said these hearings were politically motivated liers too. Why aren't you upset about them (the party of self-proclaimed fiscal responsibility) wasting millions of taxpayer money to substantiate a politically motivated lie?

Seems a double standard is in play here....
Yes, many Republicans are trying to make new comers to the party look like crazy people......don't expect me to be behind the GOP establishment.

Hillary held emails if she had not erased and removed emails the case would have ended sooner......most likely the real information is in those trashed emails and you KNOW IT!

Old 10-23-2015, 08:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That is only a "fact" in the addled minds of the far right wing echo chamber. Back here in the real world, not so much.
Oh man, you beat me too it. Facts are inconsequential when it comes to Clinton/Obama/Democrat/Liberal hatred.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:23 AM

35,738 posts, read 21,093,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Absolutely correct, and to my knowledge this man is still in jail!

This woman cannot be trusted. She is a liar and she is an incompetent. She is not qualified to be President, much less Commander in Chief.
better that selling your house to move to another country-- she probably will be president- the GOP keep showing their true colors-

Old 10-23-2015, 08:24 AM

25,593 posts, read 17,323,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I spent a lot of time last night reading reaction to this hearing.........
No you didn't. You've never read a single word of anything that you did not write yourself.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:28 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
So, what I read here is that none of the Democrat supporters care one whit that Hillary, Obama, Rice and the rest blatently lied to the American people. There is no escaping that conclusion given the emails now in the public record. Clinton wrote the President of Egypt within 24 hours of the attack saying "We know the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." Yet they persisted for days and weeks lying to the American people and telling a completely different story.

I fear for our country when so many can blithely countenace such vile and despicable behavior from one who aspires to be our President. I fear our Republic is doomed when we cease to pay attention to the moral character of those that would lead us.
Madam Secretary addressed that yesterday:
Quote:
FMR. SECRETARY OF STATE HILLARY CLINTON: During the day on September 11th, as you did mention, Congressman, there was a very large protest against our embassy in Cairo. Protesters breached the walls. They tore down the American flag. And it was of grave concern to us because the inflammatory video had been shown on Egyptian television, which has a broader reach than just inside Egypt.

And if you look at what I said, I referred to the video that night in a very specific way. I said, some have sought to justify the attack because of the video.

I used those words deliberately, not to ascribe a motive to every attacker but as a warning to those across the region that there was no justification for further attacks.

And, in fact, during the course of that week, we had many attacks that were all about the video. We had people breaching the walls of our embassies in Tunis, in Khartoum; we had people, thankfully not Americans, dying at protests. But that's what was going on, Congressman.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:28 AM

57,358 posts, read 26,263,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So, you're in favor of rewarding the stonewalling by Obama and Hillary. Good to know.
I just think it's a waste of time to argue over this point again and again after 8 hearings. There was 11 hours of testimony and this is the most important piece that some took away. They have all her private and public emails and endless documentation, people can decide for themslves. This endless debate over what caused this group to attack is senseless, the hearings were supposed to be to insure this never happened again.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:29 AM

25,593 posts, read 17,323,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
So, what I read here is that none of the Democrat supporters care one whit that Hillary, Obama, Rice and the rest blatently lied to the American people...........
Speaking of "Rice" didn't you love it when Hillary's defense lawyer, Elijah Cummings, pointed out that Condoleeza Rice was never asked to turn over emails?
He knew full well that there were none to turn over; she used the government server, so everyone already had everything.

Sure makes a great sound bite, and that's all the attention span the Dems have.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:29 AM

35,738 posts, read 21,093,433 times
There are all kinds of sources of Intel- but Intel comes 24-7 some good- some fabricated. Many of you just watch too many movies with 007 and think it is so simple- and the same people are also for less government and less money- like it security is free

National Counterterrorism Center director Michael Leiter says the agency receives between 8,000 and 10,000 pieces of information per day, fingering just as many different people as potential threats. They also get information about 40 supposed plots against the United States or its allies daily. this was in 2010

How many terrorism tips does the government get every day?

Old 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,850,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
One can make a video and be considered free of speech......Hillary blamed the video for the attack, doesn't matter this guy's past record.

It wasn't anti-Islam it was about Islam.....lol for some to think this video wasn't of truth and B rated....it had funny parts!
The guy was in prison because he violated the conditions of his parole. When you are on probation you do not have all the rights of someone who is not a felon on parole. Part of the condition of his parole was that he was prohibited from using false identifications, which he did in his handling of the video.

No one violated his freedom of speech.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
From 2014:

"A House report on the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya, concludes that the Central Intelligence Agency and U.S. military responded properly and that Obama administration “talking points” were flawed, but didn’t find that administration officials attempted to mislead the public.

The two-year-long investigation by the Republican-led House intelligence committee is the latest congressional probe to examine the attacks, and its conclusions deflate allegations suggesting misconduct by the Obama administration."

House Report Finds No Attempt to Mislead Public Over Benghazi - WSJ
Sure, uh huh, yet we still don't know where the talking points came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies