Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 08:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,968,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Yes she lied and continues to lie. What is America going to do. Nothing. We have no balls anymore.
Some will vote to make her the FIRST WOMAN President! Not even caring that she lies and doesn't help other women. Her supporters are weak!

Old 10-23-2015, 08:12 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,107,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
You would think that Hillary cared more about the safety of "her good friend Chris". Instead, she IGNORED his pleas for more security and left him to die. That is a fact.
That is only a "fact" in the addled minds of the far right wing echo chamber. Back here in the real world, not so much.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:15 AM

37,973 posts, read 17,928,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Today was an absolutely remarkable display of endurance from Hillary Clinton and a resounding victory for Democrats.

Sitting in a chair for 11 hours in front of the Benghazi Committee, being interrogated on a plethora of questions, and sometimes yelled at, from committee members, at the age of 67 years old, she remained calm, collected, articulate and dignified. She faithfully answered all of the questions regarding the event that occurred in Benghazi in 2012.

For 11 hours, Republicans embarked on a witch hunt, asking detailed questions, hoping to find that "gotcha" moment that would make Hillary look bad and possibly be prosecuted.

It didn't happen.

This Benghazi Committee is perhaps the biggest political sham in American history and wasted $4.8 million dollars of taxpayer money and 11 hours of time, quite frankly, to try to damage Hillary's presidential campaign.

This is not the outcome that Republicans were hoping for, and if anything, I fully expect her poll numbers to surge in the coming days. The Republican agenda, in this regard, will actually HELP her, if anything.

It also further illustrates that Republicans are a national embarrassment, are immature, and it exposes who they really are and their real intentions: to bring down Hillary Clinton, because they KNOW THAT SHE'S GOING TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT!!!

Congratulations Hillary. Today, you displayed many strong attributes that a strong president should be equipped with.

What, oh what, will Republicans do now???
Why yes, lets ignore the fact that she's a bald faced liar who said there was no gun running. She hired Marc Turi to run guns to Qatar for Syrian and Libyan rebels.

18,983 posts, read 9,107,514 times
I spent a lot of time last night reading reaction to this hearing. One comment I kept seeing over and over again went something like this: "I was on the fence about Hillary before today, but no more." Or, "Before today there was no way I thought I'd ever vote for Clinton, but that has changed."

Again and again and again, different variations on that general theme.

Without a doubt, this was a victory for Clinton.

11,239 posts, read 8,336,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some will vote to make her the FIRST WOMAN President! Not even caring that she lies and doesn't help other women. Her supporters are weak!
Even the hearing chair was stumped to come up with anything incriminating that came out of the 11 hours of witch-hunt. Why is it that you all are so sure that everyone is lying. You seem to be calling all the Republicans that said these hearings were politically motivated liers too. Why aren't you upset about them (the party of self-proclaimed fiscal responsibility) wasting millions of taxpayer money to substantiate a politically motivated lie?

Seems a double standard is in play here....

Old 10-23-2015, 08:16 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,991,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How will the Democrat voters know. The media barely reported on it when it happened. Last night Jesse Waters asked someone about Benghazi and that person kept referring to Benghazi as "him." Ben Ghazi)
the media barely reported it? Who do you think you are kidding? They transmitted the whole 11 hour "questioning" They were not asking questions by the way. Americans are not dumb. They didn't see anything of substance. Americans can do basic math. Why are republicans so concerned about 4 deaths when thousands of Americans have died in the past 30 years and no one has been questioned for 11 hours?

No one is buying this BS.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It was. She should thank them.

Gowdy was awful sweaty, wasn't he?
I wonder why, not one family member who lost someone feels comfortable with her answers. One would think at least ONE would have stepped forward and said, "yes, she did her best to give me the information I needed, to get past this." Not even one is on her side, how is this if she was being honest?

Old 10-23-2015, 08:19 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,023,226 times
So, what I read here is that none of the Democrat supporters care one whit that Hillary, Obama, Rice and the rest blatently lied to the American people. There is no escaping that conclusion given the emails now in the public record. Clinton wrote the President of Egypt within 24 hours of the attack saying "We know the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." Yet they persisted for days and weeks lying to the American people and telling a completely different story.

I fear for our country when so many can blithely countenace such vile and despicable behavior from one who aspires to be our President. I fear our Republic is doomed when we cease to pay attention to the moral character of those that would lead us.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Freedom of Speech? I think not, he was in prison for violating his probation from a prior conviction.

Filmmaker Behind Anti-Islam Film Released From Halfway House « CBS Los Angeles

Nakoula, whose name in court files is Mark Basseley Youssef, was sentenced in November to a year in federal prison for using false names in violation of a probation order on a bank fraud case. That case was not related to the film.
One can make a video and be considered free of speech......Hillary blamed the video for the attack, doesn't matter this guy's past record.

It wasn't anti-Islam it was about Islam.....lol for some to think this video wasn't of truth and B rated....it had funny parts!

Old 10-23-2015, 08:20 AM

35,780 posts, read 21,156,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That's a lie.

no its not-- you have to understand how budget works in the government -- you cant just write a check!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies