Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 11:06 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
The card you take to the dispensary. Are you high right now?
No are you lol I've never been to a dispensary so how would I know a weed card

Old 11-06-2015, 11:07 PM

807 posts, read 1,354,305 times
Quote:
That's awesome. I for one hate the smell, I go to car shows and it amazes me how thick it can be in some locations while walking around. I have not and will not consume it. I see what it and other drugs have done to others and it sickens me.

How can you have an opinion of something you've never experienced? Stop using other people's opinions and come up with your own.

But go ahead and fight it til the end. Just know this train is unstoppable.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:10 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danglecity8819 View Post
You are embarrassing yourself at this point. This shouldn't be so difficult to understand, but you've been duped by propaganda your whole life and can't even defend your idiotic claims, so your intelligence is obviously low.
Not at all. I've been around my white trash family my whole life and have seen what drugs can do. You may enjoy the feeling of being high and not thinking clearly. I do not. My wife's family is the same way. You would have thought that eventually after prison and death that people would break the cycle but they rarely do. There is a reason why jobs drug test and drugs are looked down upon with anyone with even the slightest of an IQ and class, but hey, stay high!

Old 11-06-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
How can you have an opinion of something you've never experienced? Stop using other people's opinions and come up with your own.

But go ahead and fight it til the end. Just know this train is unstoppable.
The drug train is unstoppable? Yes and prison, death and a lazy life full of mediocrity and health problems are it's first stops. I have my own opinion of it, facts are facts. You do that to your body and mind then you don't earn my respect. And if you do that at my job and they find out then you're fired.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No are you lol I've never been to a dispensary so how would I know a weed card
I haven't either but I've seen my step sons, he's usually high and forgets damn near everything and he left it on the counter. That's how I know what it says in the back.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:18 PM

94 posts, read 76,498 times
Quote:
Not at all. I've been around my white trash family my whole life and have seen what drugs can do. You may enjoy the feeling of being high and not thinking clearly. I do not. My wife's family is the same way. You would have thought that eventually after prison and death that people would break the cycle but they rarely do. There is a reason why jobs drug test and drugs are looked down upon with anyone with even the slightest of an IQ and class, but hey, stay high!
I don't even smoke weed, but I'm capable of thinking for myself and don't get hard over trying to control others through ignorance.

Your anecdotal experience with your inbred, white trash family means nothing. You keep putting weed in the same category as other drugs, or blaming the weed when someone you know makes incredibly poor choices. That's like blaming the booze when someone decides to drive drunk.

Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence would be able to think for themselves, and not fall for propaganda.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I don't even smoke weed, but I'm capable of thinking for myself and don't get hard over trying to control others through ignorance.

Your anecdotal experience with your inbred, white trash family means nothing. You keep putting weed in the same category as other drugs, or blaming the weed when someone you know makes incredibly poor choices. That's like blaming the booze when someone decides to drive drunk.

Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence would be able to think for themselves, and not fall for propaganda.
Inbred lol, that was legit funny. I give you credit for that one and I'm not even joking. Yes the people I know that made bad choices were or are on drugs. You're saying this is purely continental? I make mistakes every day, we all do. The difference is they're not major life changing mistakes. Merging too late is a bit different then 4 felonies, 3 drug related by the time you're 20. Watch the news, 9 times out of 10 the idiot who made the news by doing something stupid had drugs in his system. Surely that's coincidental though... How many people say they would never drink and drive when they're level headed but then get drunk do it. Again, not the alcohols fault at all right? In my opinion if they had a sober mind then they would never make that decision in the first place. Entry level position at my job is 72k per year. I've been there 14 years and make low six figures, 2 people within the last month got fired over Marijuana. You have to ask yourself, is it really worth it? My answer is clear.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:43 PM

94 posts, read 76,498 times
Quote:
Inbred lol, that was legit funny. I give you credit for that one and I'm not even joking. Yes the people I know that made bad choices were or are on drugs. You're saying this is purely continental? I make mistakes every day, we all do. The difference is they're not major life changing mistakes. Merging too late is a bit different then 4 felonies, 3 drug related by the time you're 20. Watch the news, 9 times out of 10 the idiot who made the news by doing something stupid had drugs in his system. Surely that's coincidental though... How many people say they would never drink and drive when they're level headed but then get drunk do it. Again, not the alcohols fault at all right? In my opinion if they had a sober mind then they would never make that decision in the first place. Entry level position at my job is 72k per year. I've been there 14 years and make low six figures, 2 people within the last month got fired over Marijuana. You have to ask yourself, is it really worth it? My answer is clear.
Of course it's not the alcohol's fault. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. If they can't handle drinking, then they shouldn't do it. Just because they can't handle it, doesn't mean everyone else should be banned from doing it. Should we ban McDonald's because it can make people fat?

There are risks with everything in life. Drinking, cigarettes, weed, eating too much, driving even when sober, playing sports, flying, etc. The point I'm trying to make is we shouldn't be trying to control everyone because some people can't handle it. Plenty of people can drink and smoke weed responsibly. Your family can't. That's their problem, and not everyone else's.

If you're so concerned about drugs, then you should want alcohol and tobacco banned too based on the arguments you've used. They can be 'gateway' drugs, incredibly addictive, cause deaths, and plenty of people commit crimes while drunk, many of them violent crimes. It's an incredibly hypocritical mindset. You're so proud of yourself for never using drugs, but have you ever drank or smoked a cigarette? If the answer is yes, then you're a hypocrite. If you want everything illegal, then your stance would be a lot more understandable. I wouldn't agree, but at least it's not hypocritical.

And of course it's not worth getting fired over marijuana. But they shouldn't have been fired over it in the first place. There's nothing wrong with using weed responsibly on their own time. They were just dumb enough to get caught.

Last edited by danglecity8819; 11-07-2015 at 12:01 AM..

Old 11-06-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Of course it's not the alcohol's fault. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. If they can't handle drinking, then they shouldn't do it. Just because they can't handle it, doesn't mean everyone else should be banned from doing it.

There are risks with everything in life. Drinking, cigarettes, weed, eating too much, driving even when sober, playing sports, flying, etc. The point I'm trying to make is we shouldn't be trying to control everyone because some people can't handle it. Plenty of people can drink and smoke weed responsibly. Your family can't. That's their problem, and not everyone else's.

If you're so concerned about drugs, then you should want alcohol and tobacco banned too based on the arguments you've used. They can be 'gateway' drugs, incredibly addictive, cause deaths, and plenty of people commit crimes while drunk, many of them violent crimes. It's an incredibly hypocritical mindset. You're so proud of yourself for never using drugs, but have you ever drank or smoked a cigarette? If the answer is yes, then you're a hypocrite. If you want everything illegal, then your stance would be a lot more understandable. I wouldn't agree, but at least it's not hypocritical.

And of course it's not worth getting fired over marijuana. But they shouldn't have been fired over it in the first place. There's nothing wrong with using weed responsibly on their own time. They were just dumb enough to get caught.
Intelligent post. And I wouldn't mind one bit if alcohol and cigarettes were banned, tackle that along with the obesity crisis and America as a whole would be a lot more healthier.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:53 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Intelligent post. And I wouldn't mind one bit if alcohol and cigarettes were banned, tackle that along with the obesity crisis and America as a whole would be a lot more healthier.
You don't know your history, do you? We tried banning alcohol. Consumption went up, crime went up, and much more harm was caused than good. That is the exact scenario we are dealing with today with mj prohibition.

You have said a couple of times you have seen what mj does to your family members and it sickens you. What sickens me is that you want to see me in jail for using a plant that motivates me, energizes me, and increases my creativity. All of these qualities HELPS me to do my job. I am self-employed in a very high tech field, and I don't need you looking down you nose at me thinking I am some sort of brain-dead zombie.

Your family issues would still exist even if the cannabis plant never existed. Mj did not cause those problems! I do believe it makes them worse, though, because someone who has the tendencies you described has no business using the type of weed that is purchased on the street. Those strains generally relax you, and for someone who is lazy to begin with they have no business using it.

But then you take what you have seen with you family and apply it to everyone, and to all strains of weed, and then turn it a double mistake by believing that prohibition somehow helps. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies