Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Umm, dope = heroin not marijuana. Aren't you a Cop?

he might be lying. he says everybody that does alcohol and drugs are all liars

Old 11-05-2015, 09:34 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
All proponents can do is attack people who don't use drugs and seek moral lives giving to people around them and being involved positively in their communities..this is an anathema to users
They want us to believe how normal they are... The actuality is how damaged they are as humans... Feel sorry for them but do not enable them

Drug use is incredibly selfish on top of being horrible in all metrics for the mind and body

Proponents seek to marginalize anyone not like them and will target anyone who stands between them and their drug...name any drug

But please..do keep telling us all the positive experiences each of you have while high..those that can be remembered anyway.

A very small percentage of our world needs dope to cope.. The rest just want to be high... And suck the life from everyone

Old 11-05-2015, 09:48 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
better than any alcohol! put the 2 together- dependency depends on the individual- some people just form a HABIT to anything - including cows in the kitchens- or shoes in the closet or guns on the mantle
A lot fewer than 30% of the people who drink alcohol have any disorder, it's more along the order of 3-5%.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
All authoritarian types can do is attack others, stand on their pulpit with their holier than thou attitude, and pass judgement on others, as well as feel the need to control them and restrict their choices, because they think they know what is good for them.

Those who seek to control others, and restrict their life choices are really on nothing more than a power trip, which is an addiction of it's own! Not to mention it's selfish in it's own right! Here is a novel concept.....you live your life how you want, and I'll live my life how I want! So, until my actions cause harm to another person, which they're not, leave me the hell alone!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
All proponents can do is attack people who don't use drugs and seek moral lives giving to people around them and being involved positively in their communities..this is an anathema to users
They want us to believe how normal they are... The actuality is how damaged they are as humans... Feel sorry for them but do not enable them

Drug use is incredibly selfish on top of being horrible in all metrics for the mind and body

Proponents seek to marginalize anyone not like them and will target anyone who stands between them and their drug...name any drug

But please..do keep telling us all the positive experiences each of you have while high..those that can be remembered anyway.

A very small percentage of our world needs dope to cope.. The rest just want to be high... And suck the life from everyone

Jesus Christ

I have known literally hundreds of people that drink wine, beer, mixed drinks and people that smoke pot and most are regular people. people that own businesses, trades people, all kinds of occupations and they aren't bothering no one.. wake up from the hate of people that get a little buz and relax from time to time...

as far as hard drugs are concerned I do not associate with people that do heroin, crack, cocaine meth, or any other nasty drug..

as for the hard drug use, rehab is better than jail.. my brother had a choice of rehab or jail for alcoholism 31 years ago he took rehab, he quit for 28 freaking years. and then he started drinking again about 3 years ago. long story, but any how I was able to get him off the booze 6 months ago, no jail needed, its a freakin sickness!!! throwing people in jail with hardened criminals for an addiction is not the answer..

Old 11-05-2015, 10:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Jesus Christ

I have known literally hundreds of people that drink wine, beer, mixed drinks and people that smoke pot and most are regular people. people that own businesses, trades people, all kinds of occupations and they aren't bothering no one.. wake up from the hate of people that get a little buz and relax from time to time...

as far as hard drugs are concerned I do not associate with people that do heroin, crack, cocaine meth, or any other nasty drug..

as for the hard drug use, rehab is better than jail.. my brother had a choice of rehab or jail for alcoholism 31 years ago he took rehab, he quit for 28 freaking years. and then he started drinking again about 3 years ago. long story, but any how I was able to get him off the booze 6 months ago, no jail needed, its a freakin sickness!!! throwing people in jail with hardened criminals for an addiction is not the answer..

Yep. All that tends to do is create yet another hardened criminal. Again, it's a vicious cycle, and quite frankly counter-productive to society.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
All authoritarian types can do is attack others, stand on their pulpit with their holier than thou attitude, and pass judgement on others, as well as feel the need to control them and restrict their choices, because they think they know what is good for them.

Those who seek to control others, and restrict their life choices are really on nothing more than a power trip, which is an addiction of it's own! Not to mention it's selfish in it's own right! Here is a novel concept.....you live your life how you want, and I'll live my life how I want! So, until my actions cause harm to another person, which they're not, leave me the hell alone!

amen!!!

Old 11-05-2015, 02:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Jesus Christ

Good post......most addicts are never taught to find other ways to combat their addiction. We don't jail people for over eating, alcoholics should be the same. Yet, the ones I have known tend to bring a lot of issues on themselves like drinking and driving wrecking their cars. Sometimes the only answer is to get them off the streets.

I have actually know some nice people addicted to cocaine and meth, yet it's the drug that tends to turn them into people we would rather not know.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:47 PM

29,832 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You think drinkers are going to stop drinking because some others are smoking pot? No, they will continue to drink, so instead of having one problem, we have two.
People drank during prohibition. Why? Because prohibition created more problems than it solves. Besides, this is America, land of the free.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Land of the free doesnt mean free for all

Drugs are the ultimate prison and the user is the slave

Some of you appear fully indentured

We see it .. we get it.. you will use drugs no matter what

ALL drugs harm "other" people.. but ..please.. keep whining about how they dont

Users dont get sentenced to prison.. they get rehab.. a break.. probation ,parole, halfway houses... hardcore users are in jail for other crimes

Fortunately for many of you we arent a foreign country.. because at this point many of you would probably not exist... but worry not.. drug use will accelerate your demise

The proponent drumbeat.. drugs are good drugs are safe.. we wont market to kids.. look how successful we all are, look how peaceful we all are, see how good drugs will be, how much tax we can realize, how many will be employed making and selling drugs, no more black market, stable pricing, dont worry about DUID.. its all alcohol's fault anyway.. we drive better stoned...nobody dies on pot....peace love for everyone

Every one of the above has been debunked over and over as untrue

All aboard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies