Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2015, 08:54 PM

599 posts, read 402,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing some backwoods knuckle dragger stand up at a candidate's poltical rally or meeting and say something to the effect of ...."what we gun do bout that ther muslim in the white house, that black muslim?....

And the worst part of it is that we Republicans seem to embrace a philosophy of passive tolerance to these idots.... and why? Because they vote Republican? We don't need these uneducated hicks votes!

This plays right in to the Democrats hands every time something like this happens and candidates don't call it out for what it is! McCain is the only one who did the right thing and stood his ground and put the idiot in his audience back in her place. He didn't want to get her vote by being complicit in her ignorance. Every time one of these hillbillies says something like this and it goes unchallenged, it just lends credibility to the Dems false portrayal of all Republicans being beer guzzling rednecks with an 8th grade education.

First Donald Trump failed us in this regard, and now Carly Fiorina. THIS MUST STOP!!! This is not what the Conservative movement is about... If you're one of these people who believe that Obama is "an arab" or a "muslim", and that combined with his "blackness" somehow disqualifies him from being president in "your white, Christian nation"... than go crawl back under your rock and stay there!!!! There is NO place for you in the Conservative movement you anti-freedom, slanderous hypocrite!

ABC Reporter: Fiorina Didn’t Correct Someone Who Called Obama ‘Black Muslim’ (UPDATED) | Mediaite

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS CONSERVATIVES!
You should vote for someone like me! I consider myself a Liberal/Republican and am bent on changing the Republican Party from being considered a laughing stock. We need to return to the party that represented equality and liberty!

Old 11-07-2015, 09:01 PM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It looks like you might be part of the problem in the Republican Party the OP is talking about..
The op like your post has a twisted agenda. I'm still waiting for some proof what the op has to do with the conservative movement?

Old 11-07-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Do you hear that RINOs? A liberal is giving you political advice. You had better take it!!

Appeal to that larger base until you gasp your final breath with the nodding approval of liberals being the last thing that you see as you sink below the waves.
lol Agreed, like republicans should listen to the enemy on what to do because after all the democratic party is so virtuous.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:15 PM

22,208 posts, read 19,494,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The op like your post has a twisted agenda. I'm still waiting for some proof what the op has to do with the conservative movement?
As someone who has disageed with the OP on many issues in the past, I suggest you go read some of the OP's posting history.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
LOL, not really. What I'm actually evaluating and shaking my head over is that in this two-party tyranny, I have to choose between a party that shares my views ( for the most part ), but embraces, at a minimum, a policy of passive tolerance toward racism and bigotry, or a party that is radically Leftwing and moving further by the day....

As dismayed as I am, it's still an easy choice.... I'm a Jim Webb Democrat!... ... and as we saw, there is no room for a guy like him of the Left these days...
Good article he wrote in 2010

Diversity and the Myth of White Privilege - America still owes a debt to its black citizens, but government programs to help all 'people of color' are unfair. They should end.

In an odd historical twist that all Americans see but few can understand, many programs allow recently arrived immigrants,
(who did not suffer discrimination from our government) to move ahead of similarly situated whites whose families have been in the country for generations. These programs have damaged racial harmony. And the more they have grown, the less they have actually helped African-Americans, the intended beneficiaries of affirmative action as it was originally conceived.

From a 1938 Survey about the south- The illiteracy rate was five times that of the North-Central states and more than twice that of New England and the Middle Atlantic (despite the waves of European immigrants then flowing to those regions).

A National Opinion Research Center (NORC) study in 1974
showed that white Baptists nationwide averaged only 10.7 years of education, a level almost identical to blacks' average of 10.6 years, and well below that of most other white groups.

A recent NORC Social Survey
white adults born after World War II showed that in the years 1980-2000, only 18.4% of white Baptists and 21.8% of Irish Protestants—the principal ethnic group that settled the South—had obtained college degrees, compared to a national average of 30.1%, a Jewish average of 73.3%, and an average among those of Chinese and Indian descent of 61.9%.

Policy makers ignored such disparities within America's white cultures when, in advancing minority diversity programs, they treated whites as a fungible monolith. Also lost on these policy makers were the differences in economic and educational attainment among nonwhite cultures. Thus nonwhite groups received special consideration in a wide variety of areas including business startups, academic admissions, job promotions and lucrative government contracts.

James Webb: Diversity and the Myth of White Privilege - WSJ

Old 11-07-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is a choice for people to keep their families intact. It is a choice to keep one's virginity intact, to wait until marriage to procreate, to build a family. That is a choice. Being born a certain race is not a choice. One cannot talk about 1955 without talking about the bigotry and the limited choices Blacks would have had to deal with.

I was born in 1986. My parents had me in marriage. My parents are still married to this day.

As for "Black community", Blacks were alot poorer in those days, and there were a higher amount of fatherless Black homes in those days than anyone else. What happened to Blacks would happen to Whites, as everyone's out of wedlock births/divorce rates would shoot up.

Something else. The Black out of wedlock birth rate was 30 percent in 1932, while the White out of wedlock birth rate was 5 percent. This was taking into account that there was a welfare program that White women could use, if the father left, died, or wasn't there. Black women were shut out of this program. Didn't stop the Black out of wedlock birth rate from being 6 times higher than the White out of wedlock birth rate. Today, the gap is lower. The Black out of wedlock birth rate is 2.5 times higher than the White out of wedlock birth rate.

Something else. More Blacks are in the middle class than in 1955. More Blacks are in the professional ranks, in public office, graduating from college, and have more money than in 1955. The underclass segment of the Black population is doing badly. I was say Blacks are better off now than in 1955 considering how bad off economically/educationally Blacks were in those days. Blacks have a voice today. More Blacks voting than ever, so they can make their voices heard. More freedom than ever before.
Agreed fyi - The early 1930's was when black unemployment passed white unemployment.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:48 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,579,695 times
Quote:
I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing some backwoods knuckle dragger stand up at a candidate's poltical rally or meeting and say something to the effect of ...."what we gun do bout that ther muslim in the white house, that black muslim?....
That's what gives the Democrats the White House, most of the time. Those people have spent almost 8 years asking the same question over and over and over and over, while doing nothing else. That does not win elections. As an Independent, I could have easily become a Republican, if not for so many "Retards" who can not focus on real issues, or War Mongers, who want to see our Troops getting slaughtered year after year, in some forsaken "Sand Box" Nation that uses our Troops to Train their Terrorists.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My "chosen one" isn't a failure. He crushed your two candidates fairly easily, and he's won issue after issue against your party. You guys are something like 0-55 against Obama.
His policies are failures, just like his predecessors. Only the hand picked winners and losers change. Keeps us in never ending wars in the Middle East which makes us less safe. Bailing out his buddies. Stagnating the economy as if anyone in their right mind should listen to the same entity that ruined the economy, to fix it.
Obama is a Bush uncorrected.

Quote:
Moreover, who's treating me like a child?
It's not about you princess. It's about the welfare state. If you can't see that, that's on you.

Quote:
And you want jobs? LMAO...please.
Yes...please. Good paying jobs for Americans, not for immigrants or H1Bs. And not the hand picked jobs government doles out.

Quote:
And why are you lashing out at me. I didn't do anything.
Because you voted for the probably the most dishonest president we've ever had. His word is no good yet that didn't stop you from voting for him. If you don't have your word to stand by then you have nothing.

Quote:
The guy at Carly Fiorina's b.s. session is the one who played the race card and exposed how people in your party typically think. Get mad at him. Not me.
He didn't expose anything. The only ones who bought into that are the race card players. You know the ones who say wanting a black president is okay but wanting a white president isn't. The same ones who call blacks Uncle Toms.
Like I said when the policies of your chosen one are failures the only thing to do is deflect and falsely play the race card which is what you did again in your post that I'm responding too..

Old 11-07-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
As someone who has disageed with the OP on many issues in the past, I suggest you go read some of the OP's posting history.
By op I was referring to the original post, not the original poster. All because a candidate didn't call someone out, Ridiculous.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:58 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,431,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
All you care about is your fellow black people and not others concerns that effect them. I rest my case.

I suggest blacks join against mass legal and illegal immigration since they've also been the true Americans since the founding, and our harmed by it. Whites and blacks both struggled to make this country great. I don't want foreigners to take it away from blacks either. But what do you do? You reject it because you suspect it's not based on enough concern about blacks. See there's no way to cooperate and agree on a common interest. It's always about the race.
Comical rewriting of history. Blacks struggled against their will, as slaves.

You don't seriously expect anyone to believe you care about them , do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies