Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 07:36 AM

811 posts, read 550,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Not sure how old your children are, but mine are 20 and 30 and one is in college, so he has no thoughts pertaining to having children right now. My daughter on the other hand has said NO due to the reasons mentioned, but I hope it changes before I am on the other side of the earth. She too is college educated and has a professional career.

My heart is for the poor, and the children are not at fault, so the ongoing teaching of young people in challenging areas will always be paramount to me. They did not ask to come here, so in my opinion they are owed and should be given the tools to prosper, and not be frowned upon because they were born into conditions that prevented their prosperity.
You're right, the children aren't at fault. But ask yourself who were the bright Einstein's that brought them into poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 07:44 AM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I know many black women who are married and not married that surpass the income that you quoted, and they have either chosen or are choosing not to have children because they do not want to subject them to this cruel world. Their experiences have scarred them to the point where they do not want their offspring to have deal with the nonsense that exists here. Quite sad to say the least, but that is a choice that many have made and they are not poor black women.
I don't blame them. The cost of living in this society is going up and the resources, space, land, and economy is is not ready to match and sustain it. We're continuing to produce and give disgusting science experiments we call "food" that have long term bad effects because mass production needs to accommodate the population.

If more people had the same mentality as those women you mentioned, they'd be doing a public service. Especially as a black man myself, I understand why they wouldn't want to bring another child in here.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:45 AM

295 posts, read 181,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If they have wives and/or children they can't afford to support, yes.
So they put their lives on the line and that still isn't good enough for you? Well then. I guess there is no point. You will always deem others as undeserving. Hopefully you never have any misfortune and if you do, don't you dare take any assistance. You're too good for it now so why should you get it later.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:53 AM

89,016 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
You said:
Which group is over-reproducing and expecting OTHERS to pay to feed and support their kids? Hmmm...?

I said:
all of them.
------
What does that have to do with everyone getting assistance? Nothing.

All groups, poor and wealthy are over producing and expecting everyone else to help out.
If those who can SUPPORT their kids without federal welfare public assistance program help are over-reproducing that would be a GOOD thing.

But we KNOW that's not happening...

Nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid (medical care public assistance program for the poor):
Medicaid Pays For Nearly Half of All Births in the United States | publichealth.gwu.edu

70% of those who are born into poverty never rise out of poverty.
Only 30% of those born poor ever make it out of poverty

Old 05-26-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
you probably cant afford certain things either, you just wont ever admit it because then youd be the same as everyone else.
If I can't afford it, I don't buy/do it.

Simple concept, no?

Old 05-26-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
So they put their lives on the line and that still isn't good enough for you?
How does that give anyone the right to bring lives into the world they cannot afford to support?

Old 05-26-2016, 08:00 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Quote:
If I can't afford it, I don't buy/do it.

Simple concept, no?
same with me. I would love to go to walmart right now and buy a new a/c since ours broke. I cant. I have to wait. Id also love to buy a new washing machine since ours broke but i cant do that either.

Your thinking is not special to only the wealthy.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
same with me. I would love to go to walmart right now and buy a new a/c since ours broke. I cant. I have to wait. Id also love to buy a new washing machine since ours broke but i cant do that either.

Your thinking is not special to only the wealthy.
Then why have children one cannot afford to support?

Old 05-26-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
How does that give anyone the right to bring lives into the world they cannot afford to support?
no one knows the future though. Many are higher income with spouses and children that fall into hard times. They shouldnt reach out for help? They should send their children away? Getting a higher paying job isnt instant.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Then why have children one cannot afford to support?
I can afford to support my children, I CANT afford a $400 water heater+ $100 a/c + $100 washer all in the same week on top of normal bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies