Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 07:59 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times

Advertisements

Lo and behold! There are some compassionate christians out there!

Which begs the question...what christian groups is Ted Cruz talking to when he says we should bring over Christian syrian refugees only? Prosperity bible christians?

Quote:
"That was offensive. That was mean-spirited," said one advocate with a Christian group that resettles refugees. He added: "it’s disappointing because there have been Republican senators and presidents who have strongly supported this program over the years. There’s a proud tradition in the Republican Party of welcoming those who are fleeing persecution, and this takes the party in a negative direction. It’s easy to pick on vulnerable refugees who have no voice. But there are immigrant groups who have voting power that understand what is going on. They understand that it’s an anti-immigrant message."

Christian groups break with GOP over Syrian refugees - POLITICO

Old 11-17-2015, 08:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Said it before and I will again . There is no room for religion in politics or government. I mean look what it's doing in the M.E

Old 11-17-2015, 08:03 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
Wait a second! We go from lumping all Christians together to now having separate groups? What is this new thing I see?

Old 11-17-2015, 08:04 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Wait a second! We go from lumping all Christians together to now having separate groups? What is this new thing I see?
I guess you lump all Muslims together as well, dont you?

Old 11-17-2015, 08:04 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,488,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Said it before and I will again . There is no room for religion in politics or government. I mean look what it's doing in the M.E
^ This

Why doesn't Vatican City take some more in? I'm sure the priests would love some little bunk mates

Old 11-17-2015, 08:08 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
World Relief is one of nine groups, several of them faith-based, that help the U.S. resettle up to 70,000 refugees from around the world in the United States each year. Others include the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, and the Church World Service.
These misguided groups are mostly mainline Protestant, Catholic and Jewish, not Evangelical.

Quote:
Many other faith-based groups, including evangelical Christian organizations, also perform aid work overseas specifically aimed at refugees fleeing conflicts.
This is what should be done.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
These are not compassionate Christians. These are Christian organization being paid handsomely by the State department to help settle muslim refugees from the middle east and Africa. The government is buying/paying off churches.

It's not compassion. It's despicable greed. These church organizations aren't using their own money, they are making millions from the government as contractors. The Refugee resettlement in the US is all a big scam being pulled on the American people with their tax dollars.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:16 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I guess you lump all Muslims together as well, dont you?

I invite you to go through my posts and see where I've done that. Nice stretch, though.

My stance on Syrian refugees is, if ISIS is declaring they are inserting fighters into the refugees, we need to know who we are bringing into the country. If we have to stop the flow for a while, so be it.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:01 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
^ This

Why doesn't Vatican City take some more in? I'm sure the priests would love some little bunk mates
And how big Vatican City or just some anti-Catholicism from a moderator.....

Old 11-17-2015, 11:05 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I invite you to go through my posts and see where I've done that. Nice stretch, though.

My stance on Syrian refugees is, if ISIS is declaring they are inserting fighters into the refugees, we need to know who we are bringing into the country. If we have to stop the flow for a while, so be it.
Well, delaying the process of immigration is not the same thing as stopping it all together. If the conservative argument had more emphasis on the delaying, I feel like bipartisan compromise could be made on this issue to satisfy both sides. But politics is purely about winning anymore, which is shame becasue far less actually gets accomplished that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies