Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 05:13 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
As a person of color, I have long reached the conclusion that the amount and depth of racism of a locale are directly determined by the demographic make-up. Speaking of white-on-colored racism, I believe it is the strongest in places where whites outnumber minorities the most. Such racism is taken as normal, without being checked, and bullying rarely gets reported.

When students demand that more faculty and staff of color ought to be hired, they are not wrong. This is what whites continue to deny. When discussing racism, liberal whites love to exempt themselves and blame the "wrong side of whiteness." Any criticism on liberal whites is seen as breaking the golden rule, and ignoring the "wrong side of whiteness." Lily white liberal cities love to brag about their own love for social justice and diversity. But often they have very little diversity. The food, music, and cultural scene is almost exclusively for white american taste.

It turns out that for people of color to feel comfortable, there indeed should be adequate number of people of color around them. Ultimately, your own kind is what provides you the safety and comfort to participate in a diverse society. What whites demand is for people of color to do it without a huge population, while whites are doing it with a huge population backing themselves. And yet you hear criticism over students who want that comfort, all from people who already have it.

It might indeed be necessary to create percentage quotas for colored employees.
You are completely full of crap.

As a person "not of color", but one who came from a lower socio-economic group, I can tell you, from a personal and professional standponit, that you are simply a "race baitor" that seeks eual economic and academic outcomes in the absence of effort and achievement. You are.............. despite your ingrained views,,,,,,,, a racist.

I am from a very LOW socio-ecnomic backgound. I was the valdictorian of my high school class of 875, despite being white and of very low income. My highschool advisor had a discussion with me about pursuing auto mechanics, through which I had mainfest a procliity (I was a geer head and highschool pot dealer). My advisor had NO IDEA that I had three full academic scholarships for full ride tuition, one full ride athletic scholarship, and two "half" athletic scholarships (including that of Notre Dame, which was only a mile away.

I am from as low as they get in the economic ladder. Despite that, I have been able to become a "multi- millionaire" in the US (who cares) with hard work and a modicum of genetic intelligence.

If you are black in America, you have the deck stacked in your favor with regard to scholarships admission standards, job acceptance, and promotion in life (due to affirmative action).

If you are not achieving your goals, as a black American in the US, you are not really trying, as the deck is "stacked" completely in your favor for admission to colleges, graduate schools jobs, and advancement in US industry.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:16 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
As a person of color, I have long reached the conclusion that the amount and depth of racism of a locale are directly determined by the demographic make-up. Speaking of white-on-colored racism, I believe it is the strongest in places where whites outnumber minorities the most. Such racism is taken as normal, without being checked, and bullying rarely gets reported.

When students demand that more faculty and staff of color ought to be hired, they are not wrong. This is what whites continue to deny. When discussing racism, liberal whites love to exempt themselves and blame the "wrong side of whiteness." Any criticism on liberal whites is seen as breaking the golden rule, and ignoring the "wrong side of whiteness." Lily white liberal cities love to brag about their own love for social justice and diversity. But often they have very little diversity. The food, music, and cultural scene is almost exclusively for white american taste.

It turns out that for people of color to feel comfortable, there indeed should be adequate number of people of color around them. Ultimately, your own kind is what provides you the safety and comfort to participate in a diverse society. What whites demand is for people of color to do it without a huge population, while whites are doing it with a huge population backing themselves. And yet you hear criticism over students who want that comfort, all from people who already have it.

It might indeed be necessary to create percentage quotas for colored employees.
Good point. So, we need you to eliminate 85% of all blacks currently holding 80% of state, local, and federal government jobs. After all, you're only 15% of the population. You okay with that??? Crickets...

Old 11-22-2015, 05:17 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
so you're condoning reverse racism? fire all the white people because there needs to be more blacks hired?

does MERIT means nothing? only the comfort level of black youth?
No such thing as reverse racism. Racism is racism, plain and simple.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:21 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

If you are black in America, you have the deck stacked in your favor with regard to scholarships admission standards, job acceptance, and promotion in life (due to affirmative action).

If you are not achieving your goals, as a black American in the US, you are not really trying, as the deck is "stacked" completely in your favor for admission to colleges, graduate schools jobs, and advancement in US industry.
Just because you write or think something doesn't make it true!

Where do you get your information from?

Old 11-22-2015, 05:23 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I am a person of color as well.

Stop the whining and compete in the society based on merit.
Great post, really... this cuts to the heart of the matter, does racism exist, yeah, but I feel like people of color or whatever PC term is used these days, if they work hard can get ahead, I firmly believe this, because really the only color that matters is green as in greenbacks, can you help make me or my company greenbacks, if so, come on in...

Narrow and simplistic view, but somewhat accurate as far as I'm concerned. I'll take any player on my team, if that means its a black woman or an Asian man, whatever ever combo exists, if you can add to the bottom line, then you're all right with me and I believe that's how it is in the larger picture, again, does racism exist, yes, but is it the sole reason why non-whites aren't successful, no... it isn't, not by a decent stretch.

Let's win, whatever gets you there, who cares, let's just f ing win......

Old 11-22-2015, 05:27 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
As a person of color ...

white-on-colored racism,...

staff of color ...

people of color ... people of color ...

colored employees ....

Dear Costaexpress,

I regret to inform you that the two bolded phrases are micro-aggressions. The proper terms would be 'white racism against people of color' and 'employees of color,' respectively. Fortunately, our campus has many safe spaces for students and staff who've been hurt by your insensitivity. We trust you won't commit this offense again. If this letter hurts your feelings, we apologize.

Sensitively Yours,
The Administration

Old 11-22-2015, 05:42 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Just because you write or think something doesn't make it true!

Where do you get your information from?
Jesus... just go to your nearest college and look at a scholarship manual. An overwhelmingly vast amount of the scholarships are for minorities. It's simple math.
The minorities qualify for both the open scholarships and the minority scholarships.
White males qualify for only the open ones.

I'm not criticizing or complaining - I'm still paying on my own college loans - but to anyone with a few brain cells and a little effort can see the overwhelming opportunities that are out there for minorities. If they don't take advantage of it, it's their own damn fault.

If you can't see it, it's because you're not trying.

BTW, notice the OP hasn't responded. Either they've seen the foolishness of their post, or is a current occupant of an underpass crawlspace.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:44 PM

906 posts, read 712,477 times
The difference is that when white frat boy wants a job he goes to his father or his buddies and gets a nice office somewhere. Whereas if I go to my father for a job...wait, most of us don't even have fathers.

Its like my white roommate said..he asked me when my first job was, I said 19. He then called me lazy, his was at 17. I felt bad, but then I asked him how he got the job.."my father's friend gave me one". And then I asked him how he got to work "My father bought me a car". Listen, I love the guy..but I just kept quiet. I let him believe I was lazy..I didn't want to explain that at 17 I had dropped out of high school to take care of my little sister, who didn't have anyone else. I didn't want to tell him that the idea of me getting a car from my parents was ridiculous. I didn't want to tell him I didn't have a father to help me. From shaving my beard, to making money, to learning how to get laid, to getting a job, to going to college..it was all me.

My first day, when I was in the dorms, I looked at all the white people being hugged and kissed by their parents...with me, I arrived by myself. The one time I had my family visit me, I paid for it. Every car I have bought, I have paid for. Any job I have gotten, I worked for. That's the difference.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:49 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
The difference is that when white frat boy wants a job he goes to his father or his buddies and gets a nice office somewhere. Whereas if I go to my father for a job...wait, most of us don't even have fathers.

Its like my white roommate said..he asked me when my first job was, I said 19. He then called me lazy, his was at 17. I felt bad, but then I asked him how he got the job.."my father's friend gave me one". And then I asked him how he got to work "My father bought me a car". Listen, I love the guy..but I just kept quiet. I let him believe I was lazy..I didn't want to explain that at 17 I had dropped out of high school to take care of my little sister, who didn't have anyone else. I didn't want to tell him that the idea of me getting a car from my parents was ridiculous. I didn't want to tell him I didn't have a father to help me. From shaving my beard, to making money, to learning how to get laid, to getting a job, to going to college..it was all me.

My first day, when I was in the dorms, I looked at all the white people being hugged and kissed by their parents...with me, I arrived by myself. The one time I had my family visit me, I paid for it. Every car I have bought, I have paid for. Any job I have gotten, I worked for. That's the difference.
A Liberal would say having both parents is not a cause, you seem to think otherwise.

Yes, having all members of family under one roof increases the odds of success.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:50 PM

189 posts, read 153,407 times
aint enough black people in the US for black people to get equal everything pertaining to employment, school, ect
F*ck them and their feelings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies