Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 09:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times

Advertisements

Funny we have 11 million illegals in US, practically all of them Christian, and we demand that they get kicked out ASAP, but when they kick 27 illegals out, its the wrong thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 09:37 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,609,734 times
These stories mean nothing.

Anyone from anywhere can come to America right now
and get whatever they want. They just have to know where to go.
There are millions of undocumented, illegal aliens living here.
Nobody is arresting them.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:38 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Your post makes about as much sense as trying to extinguishing fire with gasoline.

You missed a key word - They were CHRISTIAN refugees, a handful of them, who were not causing any problems in the middle east, and with family members already living in the United States, as opposed to thousands of unknowns, and worst yet, nobody knows if some are associated with Muslim extremist groups.

It shows where Obama's priorities and preferences are.
How do you know they didn't come here to cause problems ? Maybe they're members of that international Christian terrorist organization known as ... errr ... umm ... well, the name slips my mind. How about they wanted to join the KKK or blow up an abortion clinic. You never know what those crazy Iraqi Chaldean Christians might be up to

Old 11-23-2015, 09:41 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,793,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
These stories mean nothing.

Anyone from anywhere can come to America right now
and get whatever they want. They just have to know where to go.
There are millions of undocumented, illegal aliens living here.
Nobody is arresting them.
????? If they're caught, they are arrested.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:43 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,793,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
How do you know they didn't come here to cause problems ? Maybe they're members of that international Christian terrorist organization known as ... errr ... umm ... well, the name slips my mind. How about they wanted to join the KKK or blow up an abortion clinic. You never know what those crazy Iraqi Chaldean Christians might be up to
So you think it's OK for some people with fraudulent documents to enter the US, but not others?

Old 11-23-2015, 09:47 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao...False docs eh? Just about every illegal in this country comes in with false docs and you support them. They even steal US citizens identities and you still support them. There are also "refugees" coming in with fake passports, you AND Obama support them. Why do you support all those miscreants with fake papers but seem to be concerned with these? We ALL know why, I'm just seeing if you are going to admit it or not.
What are you talking about? The Obama Administration deports over 400,000 illegals a year. But you are only concerned with these Christians being deported. Why is that?

We ALL know why, I'm just seeing if you are going to admit it or not.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:48 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Funny we have 11 million illegals in US, practically all of them Christian, and we demand that they get kicked out ASAP, but then they kick 27 illegals out, its the wrong thing to do.
How about this. When 27 Mexicans seek asylum because they're stuck in the middle of a religious genocide and are turned away, you do one of these analogies.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,848,428 times
This same story has been going around a few conservative websites.

The persons in question entered the country illegally - Syrian refugees being debated are going through legal chanells
Some of the persons in question were found to have German passports/registration - this automatically makes them ineligible for consideration for asylum/refugee status

if they wanted to come here as refugees, they should do like the millions of other refugees in that region do and go to a refugee camp and register and wait their 1-3 years in line like the rest. Or they can have their families try other. legal means of bringing them to the country as resident aliens.

How many of you who want these people here in America have a lot of vile and prejudicial attitudes against "illegal immigrants" of Latin American descent who do the same things as the Chaldeans. I bet a whole crop of you don't support "illegal immigration."

Unfortunately, these Chaldeans made themselves "illegal aliens" and not "refugees." Even though I do think that it is red tape, red tape is common here in the US. The ones who have citizenship as Germans should go to Germany IMO. There's nothing wrong with being German and living in a nice, European country.

And FWIW, I think all of you lauding Obama for his in depth process for Syrian refugees should consider that "terrorist" can and I'm sure have done the same things these Chaldeans have done, sneak into our country via our border with Mexico. I would be and am much more suspicious of them and their claims versus a Syrian refugee who has gone through a lengthy vetting process and who will not enter the US until they are cleared unlike these Chaldeans.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Or maybe they just say they are Christian. The whole idea of having a religious test is horribly naïve.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:50 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,103,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He does favor Muslims and if you don't see that you are trying not to. BTW, he didn't deport anyone really. Stopping people at the border and turning them away isn't a deportation.
No response about the thing from 2008? Unsurprising.

Look, yeah, Obama has a bit of a soft spot for Islam. He grew up with both religions, so he's seen the best (and the worst) of both; it's why I think he's probably an atheist, or at least agnostic, but has to play Christian to get votes. But have you noticed that he still drops (illegal) bombs on the Middle East all the time. The "War on Terror" hasn't exactly stopped under Obama and Muslims are the primary target in that war. Do you deny this?

As for his views on immigration and his preferences, according the DHS, in 2013, ~74,000 immigrants came from South America and ~94,000 immigrants came from Africa. These were just those who became permanent residents. Of that 74,000 from South America, how many do you think were Christian? Probably most? 90% of South Americans are Christian. In regards to Africa, both Islam and Christianity claim about 45% of the total population. It's worth noting that 13,000 came from Ethiopia (Christian country) and only 10,000 came from Egypt (Muslim country).

With all of this in mind, it's safe to assume that most immigrants who come here are in fact Christian. I'd estimate around 3/4 are Christian in fact, based on the demographics I just shared, which doesn't even include Australia and Europe which would surely bump up the numbers for Christians. Asian country's likely wouldn't affect the numbers of Christianity or Islam by too much. Regardless of his recent comments about Syrian refugees, which are purely for political reasons, to say he favors Islam is quite a jump.

As for deportation, according to every statistic I've seen, he's deported more than previous presidents. Unless you show me evidence that the standard for deportation was different under Obama, I can't take what you're saying to be anything more than conservative hysteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies