Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 01:31 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You realize this country has a long history of helping refugees, long before Obama was in office.
So what
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 01:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Report: Senate Democrats may try to add gun measure to Syrian refugee bill « Hot Air

"It looks like Senate Democrats are going to try to attach a new gun law onto the Republican bill trying to do more oversight on Syrian refugee entry into the U.S. Washington Examiner reports Democrats may try to slip that in the refugee bill next week."

“As we speak, a terrorist on the FBI’s terror watch list can walk into a gun show in your hometown and buy as many AK-47s and explosives as they need to commit the kind of mass, heinous slaughter of innocents we witnessed in Paris and which we know terrorists want to perpetrate here in America,” Reid said Friday.

“I think this is a no-brainer,” said the sponsor of the bill, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif. “If you’re too dangerous to board a plane, you’re too dangerous to buy a gun.”

We line them up and show them what real gun control is and be done with it.

Shall not be infringed, should be met with one to the temple for all those that try.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
So what
Actually a lot, I find it funny that a bunch of low informed right wingers are just learning now that the country takes in refugees.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:33 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
You realize this country has a long history of helping refugees, long before Obama was in office.
We never made it a habit of importing those with ties to terrorism before. Check me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall us ever making an effort to bring IRA members here. But hey, why would we? We didn't have a president that had more empathy with terrorists than American citizens before now.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We never made it a habit of importing those with ties to terrorism before. Check me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall us ever making an effort to bring IRA members here. But hey, why would we? We didn't have a president that had more empathy with terrorists than American citizens before now.
The IRA? Seriously? Do you have any idea who many Irish we have in this country? Or are you saying that Syrian refugees are actually terrorists?

Old 11-23-2015, 02:13 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"“As we speak, a terrorist on the FBI’s terror watch list can walk into a gun show in your hometown and buy as many AK-47s and explosives as they need to commit the kind of mass, heinous slaughter of innocents we witnessed in Paris and which we know terrorists want to perpetrate here in America,” Reid said Friday"

Reid has become senile.

And it does n ot bode well for anybody who who posts his outlandish lies.

Unless they think what he says is true.
I'm not surprised at how low the Democrats would go in order to infringe on the second amendment, they're so transparent.

However, if Mitch allows this to happen, I'd have to say it's the last nail for the establishment Republicans this election. Might as well swear in Trump early.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:14 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
The IRA? Seriously? Do you have any idea who many Irish we have in this country? Or are you saying that Syrian refugees are actually terrorists?
Many are. ISIS even said they were going to exploit this. Some have already been arrested posing as refugees. Anyone who disbelieves this needs to get a checkup from the neck up.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:16 PM

14 posts, read 11,444 times
It is not hysteria, its a fact Muslims will come here and some will plot and may succeed in committing terror acts. To think otherwise is to be obtuse and just plain stupid.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Many are. ISIS even said they were going to exploit this. Some have already been arrested posing as refugees. Anyone who disbelieves this needs to get a checkup from the neck up.
"Many are," that is more of an assumption based on fear than factual information....but when has that stopped anyone? So yes, Syrian refugees are mostly terrorists come to destroy America and Obama is letting them in because he too is an Islamic terrorist.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:19 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
What difference does that make? This country also has a history of rejecting refugees and of placing US citizens in internment camps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies