Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 10:18 AM

78,543 posts, read 60,718,007 times

Advertisements

I saw this on CNN and it just said the shooters were "white" and it happened a few blocks from the protest.

This could be a robbery, a gang thing, it could be some guys defending themselves from an assault\robbery etc.

We really just do not know.

Unfortunately, as usual people are already lining up by race without all the facts. sigh.

P.S. I'm also catching up on the "victim" and see he was trying to drag a woman from an ambulance and police are challenging the accusation that he was shot while cuffed. Considering all of the lies about Michael Brown being shot in the back and "executed" while the cop stood over him....I'm going to take that with a big fat grain of salt.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:20 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
White supremacists shot five Black Lives Matter protesters in Minneapolis Monday night, authorities said.

White supremacists shoot 5 Black Lives Matter protesters | New York Post

I don't know the details here; but, IF correct, this could get ugly real fast and tho I think "BLM" is a sick joke. I just hope the perps; if found guilty, get theirs. I'm "white" and def proud of it but, the "storm front" kind are as bad as hood rats. Period.

"pushing them back"?

How many times do we need to see the same thing before we connect the dots?

The BLM protestors will not tolerate the free speech of those with opposing views.

I`d just arrived and there was like a crowd of people trying to push back, um, the white supremacists back and like push them out of the camp because they were um, like, they were like, one person was like, they were reaching for a gun and so we were like pushing them back and so i ran and like they started running, the people who were like infiltrating the camp, they started running, and then people started following, and i was trying to like, and then some of us were like, no, don`t follow them, this is what they want, they want to get us alone, they want to get us like trapped, and then, um, like, six people broke off, four or six people broke off and like kept going after them, because they were like, no you can`t, you know, so then me and Aluche ran with them being like please come back, come back, and then it was like they turned around and they, just like, started shooting, and at first I wasn`t sure, like, i was like, are they shooting fire crackers because it was so loud and it was like so loud and there was like all this Sulphur whatever and then it was like, it was like the person right next to me on my left went down, the person on my right went down, and i was like ****, this is like, they`re actually shooting at us, they`re shooting bullets at us, and they, like, they escaped, and they ran off, and the two people next, the two people around me were like laying on the ground, and there was so much chaos, and i was like, surely they`re not shooting at people, surely that`s like not what they`re doing, maybe they`re trying to scare us with firecrackers or something, and then it was like, it turned out, it was like there is actually shooting at us...

Gunfire erupts at the site of Black Lives Matter protest; 5 are injured - StarTribune.com

I`ll go out on a limb here and say Jie and the rest of her friends consider any white person not sympathetic to her cause a white supremacist.

As for our "white supremacists", seems to me they were running for their lives.

I`m calling bull **** on Jie Wronski-Riley.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:20 AM

19,857 posts, read 12,130,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Hopefully the new normal will be hundreds of armed BLM protesters at every event, along with hundreds of angry white people who are also armed, we just dont have enough mass shootouts in America anymore.
We just had a mass shooting in New Orleans, 17 shot, but that thread only made it to a scant 3 pages. I wonder why?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:21 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,847,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Seems a lot of you are pretty biased about BLM.

If they aren't doing anything in your town or to you, why do you hate them so much. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.....

I'm glad no one was killed.

IMO it is interesting that many of these same posters who are seemingly happy that they were shot also are posters who frequently attempt to call BLM "violent." How many people have BLM shot? Why do you all think that something else is about to happen as if BLM and black people in general are going to go on a rampage.

Too many of you live in a racist-thought filled fantasy land. In my many years on this forum, I have read many comments about how us blacks are going to start a "race war." IMO it seems that racist-thought filled fantasy land inhabitants are the ones trying to start a race war. Not BLM and not black people at large.

Again, I'm happy no one was killed. I will encourage the people I know in Minneapolis as well to go out and join further protests in order to show strength and civility in light violent hatred espoused by some of the very same types of people on this forum who feel that others should be shot just because they are black and dare to protest in regards to police action and brutality.

My issue with BLM is the same issue I have with all activist groups. They are not seeking to reach a peaceful solution by talking to others, they are taking a fascistic approach that shuts down discussion and leads to alienation of their group. Merely saying ALL LIVES MATTER is now racist. Different supporters of BLM have gone into restaurants and bullied diners, specifically WHITE diners. Other activist groups like Million Student March, have engaged in similar tactics on college campuses and that also has led me to dismiss them as anything more than a fascistic activist group that doesn't want to be heard, but wants to engage in retaliation for what it deems as insults and injuries, and the method of "protest" is nothing more than shutting down anyone they deem as "against them."

Sorry, sometimes, it IS about content of character and NOT about skin color!

Old 11-24-2015, 10:21 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,499,887 times
I am against all forms of extremism and hope this is quickly diffused before blood runs in the streets. There is a lot of pent up anger from well armed groups on both sides. The reaction to the Charleston massacre was a relief, cooler heads prevailed

Old 11-24-2015, 10:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,246,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How did they know those Whites were Supremacists ?

Are we past "racist" now and everyone hence forth shall be called a White Supremacist ?
The BLM weenies claimed it was white supremacists.

So I take their claim with a huge grain of salt. More likely it is a black on black killing. Like in Louisiana.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I can imagine a lot of whites are going to justify those people's actions, and probably flip the situation back on blacks.
Just like those who want to stir up racial tensions are hoping will happen.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey;42052486

[I
I`d just arrived and there was like a crowd of people trying to push back, um, the white supremacists back and like push them out of the camp because they were um, like, they were like, one person was like, they were reaching for a gun and so we were like pushing them back and so i ran and like they started running, the people who were like infiltrating the camp, they started running, and then people started following, and i was trying to like, and then some of us were like, no, don`t follow them, this is what they want, they want to get us alone, they want to get us like trapped, and then, um, like, six people broke off, four or six people broke off and like kept going after them, because they were like, no you can`t, you know, so then me and Aluche ran with them being like please come back, come back, and then it was like they turned around and they, just like, started shooting, and at first I wasn`t sure, like, i was like, are they shooting fire crackers because it was so loud and it was like so loud and there was like all this Sulphur whatever and then it was like, it was like the person right next to me on my left went down, the person on my right went down, and i was like ****, this is like, they`re actually shooting at us, they`re shooting bullets at us, and they, like, they escaped, and they ran off, and the two people next, the two people around me were like laying on the ground, and there was so much chaos, and i was like, surely they`re not shooting at people, surely that`s like not what they`re doing, maybe they`re trying to scare us with firecrackers or something, and then it was like, it turned out, it was like there is actually shooting at us...[/i]
Good Grief Like

Old 11-24-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
If they weren't assaulted nobody would have gotten shot.
Sorry Dbones, have to agree with Wayward on this one. IF it becomes clear that the guys who fired the shots were there for anything other than to show support, then they are the cause of the unrest and resulting violence. Their presence was the catalyst that caused them to be chased and possibly assaulted.

It is never a good idea to stage a counter protest in the vicinity of the protest, especially one so volatile as BML.

There is an unseen operation behind the scene that is orchestrating much of what has been happening in the past few years. If people don't stop falling for it, then the end results that are being ginned up are going to happen and the only winners will be those who are behind the whole thing for their own political and power grabbing gains.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Hopefully the new normal will be hundreds of armed BLM protesters at every event, along with hundreds of angry white people who are also armed, we just dont have enough mass shootouts in America anymore.

Well, Obama did say we had to change our history and our traditions!

You have pretty much described what is being orchestrated, though. What happens as tensions continue to increase and the risk of more and more senseless violence becomes a reality? People will then start begging for "someone, anyone, to do something." At which point, the lemmings will welcome a powerful individual/structure to come to their rescue, regardless of the cost to their freedom, because the need to be safe is much more important to modern society than the need to be free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies