Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 08:29 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,718,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I ask the same question every day. What's sad is I'm nineteen and these Black Lives Matter people are forever going to be a burden on society during my generations life time.
You're getting off easy. Whites blind to White Privilege have been a burden on society for hundreds of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 08:42 AM

756 posts, read 425,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potusfocus View Post
If you cared as much you would be rioting at open air drug markets shutting down traffic, thousands of black folks would be marching thru ghettos nationwide shutting down crachouses and drug spots, and walking around with pictures of murderers you hide in your neighborhoods screaming no justice no peace, and getting into violent alterations with gangs and not the police. Instead of having small candlelight vigils that last an hour or so that the murderers themselves attend and no one even steps to them or calls them out. The reality is most of you don't care as much. It's obvious the 24 unarmed black men killed by police this year, there lives matter much more than the 7,000 black men murdered by other black men this year. That's why no one takes you serious except for people wanting to exploit you. Your false outrage makes you look like a joke not only to whites but every other minority group including Africans and other foreign blacks who try hard to dissociate themselves from you.

I'd love to hear someone who supports BLM answer this. Why is THIS not a higher priority or at the very least an equal priority for the movement?

Old 12-07-2015, 08:42 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,987,247 times
Quote:
I ask the same question every day. What's sad is I'm nineteen and these Black Lives Matter people are forever going to be a burden on society during my generations life time.
You are so young and way too judgmental.

You obviously have not done any personal research on the groups objective.

Black Lives Matter is only a threat to crooked police officers and those who uphold their wrong doing.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:54 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,534,291 times
Because Black Lives matter is a racist organization that exists for entirely divisive, antagonistic, racist purposes.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:13 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
I'd love to hear someone who supports BLM answer this. Why is THIS not a higher priority or at the very least an equal priority for the movement?
It is absolutely so idiotic to suggest rioting in order to facilitate change.

Many people here, and online continue to suggest BLM is the same as the CRM, and they're doing what MLK advocated. In NO WAY did he ever advocate or support rioting or the use of violence as an effective tactic. If anyone watched his televised interviews and speeches, he spoke about the causes of rioting and was against the causes and against rioting in itself. People need to get a clue and learn from history. That's why bUU is pointing out the flaws with the BLM movement. They don't want to learn from history, they don't want to seek the guidance of their elders from the CRM (who actually brought about real policy changes), and they don't condemn or expel their rogue supporters who engage in insavory behavior.

Pointing out these facts doesn't make critics of BLM racists. It means we're aware of what's wrong with the movement, and choose not to align ourselves with it for many reasons. I'm getting really tired of the misinformation.

Old 12-07-2015, 02:16 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,718,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
It is absolutely so idiotic to suggest rioting in order to facilitate change.
I'm not sure you meant that as absolutely as you said it. War is just more organized rioting, and while reprehensible still sometimes is an effective means to facilitate change.

Quote:
Many people here, and online continue to suggest BLM is the same as the CRM, and they're doing what MLK advocated. In NO WAY did he ever advocate or support rioting or the use of violence as an effective tactic.
However, that was not necessarily because he felt that violence is never effective, but rather because he felt that violence was generally immoral.

Quote:
If anyone watched his televised interviews and speeches, he spoke about the causes of rioting and was against the causes and against rioting in itself. People need to get a clue and learn from history. That's why bUU is pointing out the flaws with the BLM movement.
BLM has not said that "riots" were their intention. potusfocus said that, not BLM. I'm challenging BLM because they seem to have no action plan and therefore they're wasting energy that could be better spent on pushing for real change.

It is possible that BLM is deliberately aiming to defecate on Dr. King's legacy, I suppose, but I haven't heard them say that. Have you?

Quote:
Pointing out these facts doesn't make critics of BLM racists.
That's for certain. Another dangerous behavior that BLM has been engaging in is a type of "if you're not with us you're against us" behavior, but even when they resist that, they still leave very little room for allies to have their own minds, their own thoughts, their own beliefs and their own values.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:27 PM

599 posts, read 402,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You are so young and way too judgmental.

You obviously have not done any personal research on the groups objective.

Black Lives Matter is only a threat to crooked police officers and those who uphold their wrong doing.
I know there objective and the whole idea behind Black Lives Matter it just doesn't make sense to protest each and every killing of an African American by a police officer even if the officer did use the legal amount of force BLM will be there to protest. Can you explain why they aren't protesting the African American gang violence in cities throughout the United States? Can you explain why it is always African Americans on shows such as COPS, Lockup or just about anything that has to do with crime in the United States? Black Lives Matter is not just against white police officers they are against any white who doesn't support there way of thinking. They vandalize, block traffic and commit horrific acts against whites and I garauntee Martin Luther King Jr. is rolling in his grave BLM is a disgusting, racist and politically correct movement that needs to be openly criticized and people should not back down from there bullying.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:14 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,987,247 times
Quote:
I know there objective and the whole idea behind Black Lives Matter it just doesn't make sense to protest each and every killing of an African American by a police officer even if the officer did use the legal amount of force BLM will be there to protest. Can you explain why they aren't protesting the African American gang violence in cities throughout the United States? Can you explain why it is always African Americans on shows such as COPS, Lockup or just about anything that has to do with crime in the United States? Black Lives Matter is not just against white police officers they are against any white who doesn't support there way of thinking. They vandalize, block traffic and commit horrific acts against whites and I garauntee Martin Luther King Jr. is rolling in his grave BLM is a disgusting, racist and politically correct movement that needs to be openly criticized and people should not back down from there bullying.
They want law enforcement held accountable for their actions. They want responsible hiring practices to ensure safety and legal activity among officers. There is nothing racists about that.

The negative things that have happened with a few of the protests where quickly denounced and they continue to reiterate their objective. Of course you won't hear or read about this from mainstream media.

You are wrong in thinking BLM protests every shooting that happens.

Martin Luther King Jr experienced the same nasty prejudices that the BLM movement is receiving that you're an advocate of. You obviously don't know how the man was hated by Whites and even a few Blacks fell into the trap of calling him a trouble maker. For you to even write what he may or may not do when your comments are some of the same that possibly your ancestors made is ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Most of what I see on COPs are Whites but i seldom have time to watch their show. If you are judging BLM and the integrity of a group of people by what you see on a show you really need to check yourself and how you gather information.

There are many stop the violence groups who stand against gang violence. You may see some of the same people part of those groups as with BLM. You have to research and find out for yourself. 5

Old 12-07-2015, 09:38 PM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
Just had a 17 year old armed black male gunned down and killed while in the commission of a robbery. His three friends are being charged and are also black. No charges will be filed, ruled self defense legal concealed carry by the badly inured person they attacked. The BLM crowd wouldn't get away with making a whimper here and if the criminals were white the community's reaction would have been the same. They pander to those stupid and ignorant enough to get riled up without caring about the facts and who just want to protest and make asses of themselves.
Thugs( white, black, Spanish, Asian, whoever) have to learn that people are beginning to take charge of their own protection and are policing their own communities like never before. That means they're owning and carrying guns and lawless behavior as seen on TV is a quick ticket to the cemetery. Sadly, there have been several other local shootings of young criminals by gun carrying citizens so the message just doesn't seem to be reaching them.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:57 PM

906 posts, read 713,345 times
why doesn't a diabetes charity give to cancer research?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies