Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2015, 08:58 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
When I first read your post, I thought you were kidding or being sarcastic. According to you, shall we just draw a line in the sand; men, women and children and begin shooting each other? Get it over with?
Why do you have this belief that guns cause violence? Do you also think that having matches turns you into a pyromaniac?

Quote:
Seems to me that the commonality in every killing spree is GUNS. Why can't there be sane people making decisions about what we should do? I don't want my children or grand children shot by some maniac, because he or she seems to think it's their God given right, to take a life, because they are so unhappy with their miserable lives.
The commonality is that they are human. Humans are flawed, and some of them are seriously flawed. The ones that think carrying a firearm gives a person the right - or even desire - to take a life are some of the most flawed.

Quote:
It's great we are talking about solutions. I am not talking about taking away all guns. Why is it necessary to have military/police weapons in the hands of everyone. Assault weapons are not toys or here to make you more manly or stronger.
Military weapons are not now, nor have they been for nearly a hundred years, in the hands of everyone. Most of us don't have the money to afford the tax stamp or the time to do the paperwork.

Quote:
Just taking a jog, run, doing things people normally do, should not be a frightening thing to do. I used to be afraid of bears and other wild animals, when I hike; now I am afraid of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 09:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
While in Uniform, you where not judged by the Fruit Pies out here, that Hate Guns and anyone who doesn't agree with them. We are all "Nuts" to them. Now your out of Uniform, and guess what you are now? Just like the rest of us. You will now have to fight again for the rights you already fought for. The only difference is the kind of enemy your up against now. Your now facing a "Cult" that looks like the rest of us, live among us, and rely on deception and underhanded tactics. welcome to reality.
I already knew that, I wanted the poster to explain the logic involved.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:13 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:

Seems to me that the commonality in every killing spree is GUNS.

Why can't there be sane people making decisions about what we should do?

I don't want my children or grand children shot by some maniac,

Why is it necessary to have military/police weapons in the hands of everyone. Assault weapons are not toys .

Just taking a jog, run, doing things people normally do, should not be a frightening thing to do.

I used to be afraid of bears and other wild animals, when I hike; now I am afraid of you.

Wrong. The Commonality is a "Criminal" in every Killing Spree or single Murder.

The insane anti-gun freaks are trying. They think banning "scary Looking" Guns is the answer.

Your talking about saving your Grandchildren from Mentally disturbed people, not Guns.

So your part of the "Ban Scary Looking Guns Movement" also? An "Assault" is not a weapon. Its something you can do with a weapon, as is defending yourself. Police and Military also use handguns, Shotguns, and Hunting Rifles. Where would you want to start?

I think people should be more afraid of the people who are trying to undermine the foundation of Rights given to citizens by the Constitution, than wild animals. Animals you can control by hunting. Anti-Gun folks are a protected species, for now.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That said, explain to me, and others, why for years and years I am trusted to carry and fire every type weapon known to man but the day I take off my uniform I am no longer trusted to own a gun that I carried all that time? The logic seems to have passed me by.
Quote:
While in Uniform, you where not judged by the Fruit Pies out here, that Hate Guns and anyone who doesn't agree with them. We are all "Nuts" to them. Now your out of Uniform, and guess what you are now? Just like the rest of us. You will now have to fight again for the rights you already fought for. The only difference is the kind of enemy your up against now. Your now facing a "Cult" that looks like the rest of us, live among us, and rely on deception and underhanded tactics. welcome to reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I already knew that, I wanted the poster to explain the logic involved.
i think boris nailed it. casper, the reason the poster cant explain her logic is because she isnt using any. she is running merely on emotion which clouds the mind. and a clouded mind cant see the reality.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:49 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think boris nailed it. casper, the reason the poster cant explain her logic is because she isnt using any. she is running merely on emotion which clouds the mind. and a clouded mind cant see the reality.
Emotions? I think when a nutcase comes into your neighborhood and starts shooting everyone in sight; that does conjure up emotions. My heart is breaking for the victims and families, here in Colorado Springs, and all over the country and world, where innocent people are going about their daily lives, minding their own business and get shot to death.

The reality, as I see it,(with my somewhat clouded mind) is that too many are dying; and there must be something we can do. Should we just standby and let the innocent die? I don't have the answers, but there must be solutions somewhere.

I am not for a gun BAN, I am for gun CONTROL.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:56 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
I'm not sure this is consistent in every state, but I'd like to see stiff penalties for irresponsible storage of firearms. My state has very liberal firearms laws, and I'm okay with that, because I support the Constitution. That said, people aren't securing their weapons and the local PD says that most of the guns used in felonies were stolen from people's houses.

Little kids keep shooting themselves as well. Secure them like grown ups, or don't have them, people.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:03 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I'm not sure this is consistent in every state, but I'd like to see stiff penalties for irresponsible storage of firearms. My state has very liberal firearms laws, and I'm okay with that, because I support the Constitution. That said, people aren't securing their weapons and the local PD says that most of the guns used in felonies were stolen from people's houses.

Little kids keep shooting themselves as well. Secure them like grown ups, or don't have them, people.
Securing from small kids is one thing. Secure from theft is another.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:04 AM

Quote:

The insane anti-gun freaks are trying. They think banning "scary Looking" Guns is the answer.

Your talking about saving your Grandchildren from Mentally disturbed people, not Guns.

So your part of the "Ban Scary Looking Guns Movement" also? An "Assault" is not a weapon. Its something you can do with a weapon, as is defending yourself. Police and Military also use handguns, Shotguns, and Hunting Rifles. Where would you want to start?

I think people should be more afraid of the people who are trying to undermine the foundation of Rights given to citizens by the Constitution, than wild animals. Animals you can control by hunting. Anti-Gun folks are a protected species, for now.
Unfortunately, we are not doing a good job of keeping efficient weapons out of the hands of our most disturbed individuals. Maybe we need to just put emotion aside and dispassionately discuss that part. What can we do to make that better? Can we hold the person who provided the gun and should have known better to some nasty ass penalties? Specifically, I'm thinking of some of the parents of these mass shooters.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Securing from small kids is one thing. Secure from theft is another.
They are leaving them out. They are so paranoid that they want them in easy reach. We always had ours in a gun safe or otherwise very well hidden.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:09 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:

Scary "looking" guns? Why is it so easy to obtain those scary "looking" guns? Sure, people get killed with other weapons, I still don't know why society needs assault weapons for hunting.

There are many in my family in law enforcement and the Military, and it seems that they have more knowledge and respect for guns, and how to handle them.

If everyone respected human life and the use of weapons, what a wonderful world we would have. Just my thoughts. If you are a hunter, does not seem like much left of the animal, if you kill it with an automatic gun. What's the purpose.

A protected species, for now? What is that supposed to mean. We still live in a "free," society and have the "right," to speak. Talk about emotions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies