Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who came out ahead of the pack?
Bush 3 1.95%
Carson 4 2.60%
Paul 30 19.48%
Rubio 16 10.39%
Cruz 17 11.04%
Trump 66 42.86%
Fiorina 3 1.95%
Kasich 3 1.95%
Christie 12 7.79%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 06:35 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,388,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What positions of Rand Paul's are objectionable? I think he has the best ideas of all of them. He understands the Constitution, he understands we need to secure the border, and he would not get us into another long ground war. I really, really like Rand Paul.

Marco Rubio has decided to take the neocon position. He would never secure our borders, but he would expand the survelleince state and have us in a ground war in Iraq. He takes the position to get rid of Assad, when Russia has thrown its full weight behind him. Are we going to fight another proxy war with Russia then, only to get rid of Assad and make room for ISIS to take over? I think than would be a big mistake.
"What positions of Rand Paul's are objectionable?"

He is a strict Libertarian.

He believes in isolationism.

The world is getting smaller and smaller. To think we can ignore the rest of the world and survive , you are very naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 06:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What is "excess fear mongering?" Are we not to be concerned about terrorists among us? Is it "fear mongering" to point out the high probability of terrorists infiltrating the so-called "refugees" from Syria that Obama is bringing into our country?

Would you want a group of these people moved into your community?
Irrational fear and " concern" are different emotional responses. The only thing any of us really control is our own reaction.

I am far more likely to be killed in an auto accident than be terrorism and I say this as someone who was at the WTC in 1993 and on 9/11.

I favor a moratorium on accepting further refugees from anywhere until the US resolves the 30 year old challenge of illegal immigration. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority and that's no accident.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:41 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, it is telling that the same people who demanded we stop the phone surveillance last year, want it back today, and they also want to give the government access to our social media accounts. They'll tell you whatever you want to hear at any given time. Next year they'll insist there is too much government intrusion again, and want it removed again. For Rand Paul's credit, he opposed the surveillance then, and he opposes it today.
"the phone surveillance"

As has been explained over and over and over, there is NO PHONE SURVEILLANCE.

The NSA captures the dialing data ONLY. Telephone number 123-4567 dials telephone number 765-4321.

That is ALL

Old 12-16-2015, 06:49 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
You can say that again.

Rand Paul is one strange little man. And is "church lady" smirk doesn't send me anywhere, as it does his screaming audience groupies. He's the one I trust least to protect Americans.

He's running for one reason: so fence-sitters can slap a Don't blame me, I voted for Rand Paul bumper sticker on their cars November 9.
I like Rand Paul, and I think he would keep us safer than any of them. He wants to secure the border and put a moratorium on immigration from certain countries crawling with extremists. He rightly understands that the metadata collection was getting us lost in the weeds and didn't stop terrorists. Better to make the haystack much smaller so we can find the needle. Why review emails and cell phones of every citizen when we could target it to people most likely to be terrorists?

We can go over to yet another Muslim country and meddle in their affairs, which has never served us well, or we can stop meddling and protect our borders so they don't come here. What have we gotten for any of our wars? Iraq and Libya are in total chaos, with ISIS or al Qaeda in charge of large portions of both countries. Afghanistan is going to completely fall apart the moment we leave. From what I understand, we control nothing but the ground directly under our feet at any given moment. Besides, there are no good guys there. I can't decide who is worse, the Taliban or the current Afghani forces with their corruption and pedophilia. Either one is really bad for women though. Makes me thank God I was born here instead of there.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
Quote:
I like Rand Paul, and I think he would keep us safer than any of them. He wants to secure the border and put a moratorium on immigration from certain countries crawling with extremists. He rightly understands that the metadata collection was getting us lost in the weeds and didn't stop terrorists. Better to make the haystack much smaller so we can find the needle. Why review emails and cell phones of every citizen when we could target it to people most likely to be terrorists.

We can go over to yet another Muslim country and meddle in their affairs, which has never served us well, or we can stop meddling and protect our borders so they don't come here. What have we gotten for any of our wars? Iraq and Libya are in total chaos, with ISIS or al Qaeda in charge of large portions of both countries. Afghanistan is going to completely fall apart the moment we leave. From what I understand, we control nothing but the ground directly under our feet at any given moment. Besides, there are no good guys there. I can't decide who is worse, the Taliban or the current Afghani forces with their corruption and pedophilia. Either one is really bad for women though. Makes me thank God I was born here instead of there.
It was a better debate because CNN allowed Rand Paul to participate.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:00 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You may think so, and I think so ...... BUT
We have a huge number of folks that still think this is "American Idol".
We have the "I HATE" threads and the "I won't Vote IF" my perfect candidate does not win the Primary.

Nothing in the World that is "serious" about that - these same folks elected Obama for 2 Terms and WILL elect Hillary Clinton to continue the Obama Debacle ..... in a total meltdown of pique.

They are not interested in the Political Process of a Primary or even an Election.
They want a Coronation .... exactly the same kind of Coronation we saw TeamObama "elected".
so what you are saying is Dems want a Democrat to win the election? truly shocking

Old 12-16-2015, 07:03 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, let me get this straight.

It sounds like you are a republican. Are you?

IF YOUR pick, Rand, doesn't make it and even you don't think he will, you will will NOT vote at all if Cruz is on the ticket

Every "I will not vote" is a vote FOR Hillary!
I don't like either party right now. I don't like any of the candidates very much, but I really get creeped out by Cruz. I may vote for Trump if Cruz is on the ticket, but very reluctantly. I don't love Trump, but he may be a good protest vote. His comments about killing the family members of terrorists is very disturbing though. I don't like that idea at all, but I also don't believe he would do something like that in reality. I wish we had better options.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:05 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,453,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Washington Times on Jeb Bush's performance:

Jeb Bush: He gave a more assertive performance than prior debates and has a White House-worthy resume but still comes off like the middle daughter Jan from “The Brady Bunch” — always complaining about everything “Donald, Donald, Donald.”

Republican debate winners and losers - Washington Times

Rumor has it that Jeb's campaign is now considering targeting everyone else BUT Trump so Republican primary voters are left with two choices -- Jeb, or Trump. It is kind of fascinating in that "just crazy enough to work" kind of way.

I'll tell you. 2008, 2012, and now 2016. Three fascinating cycles in a row.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
I may vote for Trump if Cruz is on the ticket, but very reluctantly. I don't love Trump, but he may be a good protest vote. His comments about killing the family members of terrorists is very disturbing though.
At least he is open about what he will do when he is elected.

When people start disappearing, the voters can't say "I had no idea".

Old 12-16-2015, 07:10 AM

14,494 posts, read 20,688,679 times
Bush and Paul and Kasich know they have no chance. They prefer Rubio or Cruz and they are attacking Trump for that sole purpose. It is obvious every debate. Bush has nothing but anti Trump in his words and tone and thoughts. He wants Trump to lose and that is all he wants.

As far as public safety, the two we would be most unsafe under would be Kasich and Bush. They do not appear presidential on stage at all. We'd take any of the other 7 on the main stage.
The other 4 can not win either.

Trump was doing ok until near the end when he decided to attack CNN. That was a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies