Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who came out ahead of the pack?
Bush 3 1.95%
Carson 4 2.60%
Paul 30 19.48%
Rubio 16 10.39%
Cruz 17 11.04%
Trump 66 42.86%
Fiorina 3 1.95%
Kasich 3 1.95%
Christie 12 7.79%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 07:34 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
CNN was very clear before their last debate, they think the Republicans need to argue and turn the debate into a cage match. While just before the Democratic debate CNN said the dems were serious candidates, so CNN will not engage them against each other, the dem's CNN debate will be a serious discussion. /puke

In other words, CNN tries to turn the Republican debate into a chaotic slugfest, while trying to make the Democratic debate a meeting of the minds, of learned professors discussing the issues and times that try men's souls.
Did it look like a chaotic slugfest to you? I did not get that impression at all. Every candidate were allowed to talk about their views. Trump and Bush had it going for a while, but that was not started by the mods, it was started by Jeb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 07:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
If Trump gets the nomination he will pick Carson as VP. Black vote, hello?
You think Trump engages in race pandering? He's not one of those pathetic establishment types in the democrat and republican party.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The overall message of the debate was growing government and spend, spend, spend.
Yep, coming from the same people who have preached the opposite. Some things never change. First they cut the military, then they accuse someone else for "decimating the military", and then they promise to increase military spending.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Who knows but my hunch is that if Trump is the nominee he'll pick Cruz as his VP.
Cruz and Trump have a lot of the same voters, so he'd be better off selecting Rubio. Rubio is in between a conservative and the establishment, and he knows the inside workings of our government, and in a debate, Rubio would destroy any VP candidate the dems could throw at him.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:52 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Fear mongering is what Republicans do best. I can't understand why Trump and Cruz won't attack each other unless they made a deal beforehand. Cruz maybe wants to be VP?

Old 12-16-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Rand Paul does make a lot of sense, I'm with him on economic policy and Syria, though not as much on other foreign policy issues. But again, the problem is that three of the five leading candidates are not serious candidates. Ted Cruz isn't as smart as people say, Donald Trump is an America-hating fraud, and Ben Carson is in way over his head.
Cruz not smart? The man has brought cases before the Supreme Court of the USA and won every one of them. He's the most intelligent man on the stage, and heads and shoulders above any of the democrat candidates.

Alan Dershowitz was Cruz's Harvard Law School professor, he's a well know democrat, and he ranked Sen. Ted Cruz among the school’s smartest students at Harvard Law School.

Dershowitz says he and Cruz would often debate issues presented in Dershowitz’s criminal law class. “Cruz’s views were always thoughtful and his responses were interesting,†the law professor explained. “I obviously disagreed with them and we had good arguments in class. I would challenge him and he would come up with very good responses.â€

Cruz “was an outstanding student in my class,†Dershowitz said. “Without a doubt he is among the smartest students I’ve ever had… I’ve had great students but he has to be at the top of anyone’s short list, in terms of raw brain power.â€

Old 12-16-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Fear mongering is what Republicans do best. I can't understand why Trump and Cruz won't attack each other unless they made a deal beforehand. Cruz maybe wants to be VP?
Cruz is not engaging in any personal attacks at all, he's not attacking Trump or anyone else. So in your book, I guess that means he wants to be everyones VP.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I think Cruz is saving his anti-Trump ammo for the semi-finals.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:00 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The overall message of the debate was growing government and spend, spend, spend.

The industrial military complex must be thrilled.

Fiorina appears to be the mother of the industrial technology complex.

No reason to risk proposing a serious deficit budget when spending is approved by appropriations.

Lobbies and big donors were pleased with the performances.

They will hear the same from Hillary.
Trump did comment on the trillions we wasted by meddling in the middle east, lamenting that we could have spent those sums improving our own infrastructure (forgetting that we borrowed all that money). Unfortunately, he never made the connection that we are still wasting money on an outsized military budget that is not needed for self-defense and simply encourages us to get involved where we don't belong.

You are right. Hillary is as much a hawk as Graham and no matter who wins we will be paying for more military spending and losing our children in foreign wars of futility.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:02 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump won. He does not have any real plans but he has good intentions. That puts him ahead of the rest.

Agree. Trump won. Trump is going in the right direction. He's clearly leading the conversation not to mention being the only republican candidate that can grab votes from democrats, independents, and republicans. That's why he has a chance at beating Hilary. No other candidate on the republican side has that ability.

Hopefully he won't pick Cruz as his running mate, that would get rid of Trumps ability to grab swing voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies