Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who came out ahead of the pack?
Bush 3 1.95%
Carson 4 2.60%
Paul 30 19.48%
Rubio 16 10.39%
Cruz 17 11.04%
Trump 66 42.86%
Fiorina 3 1.95%
Kasich 3 1.95%
Christie 12 7.79%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 07:15 AM

21,519 posts, read 10,646,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Rumor has it that Jeb's campaign is now considering targeting everyone else BUT Trump so Republican primary voters are left with two choices -- Jeb, or Trump. It is kind of fascinating in that "just crazy enough to work" kind of way.

I'll tell you. 2008, 2012, and now 2016. Three fascinating cycles in a row.
Except Jeb didn't do that at all last night. He struck me as the kid trying (and failing) to stand up to his bully. I felt sorry for him, and that's not a good position to be in as a candidate. Not very confidence-inspiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 07:19 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,254,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Bush and Paul and Kasich know they have no chance. They prefer Rubio or Cruz and they are attacking Trump for that sole purpose. It is obvious every debate. Bush has nothing but anti Trump in his words and tone and thoughts. He wants Trump to lose and that is all he wants.

As far as public safety, the two we would be most unsafe under would be Kasich and Bush. They do not appear presidential on stage at all. We'd take any of the other 7 on the main stage.
The other 4 can not win either.

Trump was doing ok until near the end when he decided to attack CNN. That was a mistake.
Glad he called them out. Wolf was okay, but Dana Bash and Hugh Hewitt were complete hacks.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,894,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
At least he is open about what he will do when he is elected.

When people start disappearing, the voters can't say "I had no idea".
Trump cannot achieve anything without the consent of Congress.

In the unlikely event, Trump gets the Republican nomination and wins, his relationship with Congress will make the relationship between Obama and Congress look like a love fest.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,611,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Rand Paul is the only one who makes any sense and he'll never win.

My 20 year old texted me last night and said Paul was the best of them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And yet every one of them is infinitely more qualified than our current president.
Not by half, friend.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:25 AM

The alliance between Trump and Cruz is obvious to the most casual observer.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,804,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

In the unlikely event, Trump gets the Republican nomination and wins, his relationship with Congress will make the relationship between Obama and Congress look like a love fest.
Trump would use the military do the killings.

In the other hand they say a gridlock is a good thing.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

I'm not so sure about that. He is the one candidate not worried about party politics, donors, or anything else except to do a good job and be remembered as a great president. His ego may serve us well. Trump will work to negotiate with people on both sides of the aisle to get things done. He reminds me a little of Lyndon Johnson, who bullied and cajoled his way into getting a very unpopular civil rights act passed. And then he bullied and cajoled his way into enforcing it. The other candidates promise more gridlock, or more compromises that only help their rich donor class. I can't decide which is worse.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:31 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,705,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Ok, then why during the democrat debates, they didn't try to stoke the fire with "Hillary said...."
CNN was very clear before their last debate, they think the Republicans need to argue and turn the debate into a cage match. While just before the Democratic debate CNN said the dems were serious candidates, so CNN will not engage them against each other, the dem's CNN debate will be a serious discussion. /puke

In other words, CNN tries to turn the Republican debate into a chaotic slugfest, while trying to make the Democratic debate a meeting of the minds, of learned professors discussing the issues and times that try men's souls.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And Republicans will vote for Trump because he's rich and white.

Lol. He practically simpered.

And wtf was Kasich doing with his hands????
I know, what consultant told Kasich that karate chop hand movements would make him seem less stiff? It was very weird, and I don't recall that from prior debates. Is it a new thing?

Old 12-16-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, it is telling that the same people who demanded we stop the phone surveillance last year, want it back today, and they also want to give the government access to our social media accounts. They'll tell you whatever you want to hear at any given time. Next year they'll insist there is too much government intrusion again, and want it removed again. For Rand Paul's credit, he opposed the surveillance then, and he opposes it today.
The overall message of the debate was growing government and spend, spend, spend.

The industrial military complex must be thrilled.

Fiorina appears to be the mother of the industrial technology complex.

No reason to risk proposing a serious deficit budget when spending is approved by appropriations.

Lobbies and big donors were pleased with the performances.

They will hear the same from Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies