Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 08:52 AM

23,537 posts, read 17,211,948 times

Advertisements

Future is students stay home, learn by remote communications.

Who would call in and warn people?

Call in for today and terrorize the day after the buildings have been cleared.

Call in for a diversion, given the large number of LEO's needed to search schools, then attack some other target during low presence of police.

Not to worry Jey Johnson and Obama are on the job!

During the late 60s/ early 70s, colleges commonly had threats called in whetehr by students not wanting to take exams or by spawn of Bill ayres in the form of BlackPanthers, SDS, weather underground and so forth. Only Ayres and his wife Dohrn were serious enough to actually bomb a school. There is your domestic terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 08:53 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Someone has to designate it as a "credible terrorist threat" ...think about that.
Some of the details of the electronic threat -- which was against "many schools" -- included the involvement of backpacks and other packages, Cortines said at a morning news conference. The nature of the threat was "electronic."

‘Credible Terror Threat’ to LAUSD Prompts School Closures: Officials, Police | KTLA

Obviously, the school officials knew what they were talking about. It is credible terror threat.

Aren't people just sick and tired of all these? Now they are targeting kids, really?

Old 12-15-2015, 08:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Some of the details of the electronic threat -- which was against "many schools" -- included the involvement of backpacks and other packages, Cortines said at a morning news conference. The nature of the threat was "electronic."

‘Credible Terror Threat’ to LAUSD Prompts School Closures: Officials, Police | KTLA

Obviously, the school officials knew what they were talking about. It is credible terror threat.

Aren't people just sick and tired of all these? Now they are targeting kids, really?
We don't know who "they" are.
Schools are always threatened.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That is why I am planing to get some bullet proof vests for my nephews and my God son because i obviously don't know who "they" are.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:58 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yep, this kind of stuff has went on for years. We pulled fire alarms as a juvenile stunt when I was in school. I'd hate to think about getting caught doing that today.

A couple times we marched out of the school and then marched back in.

A bunch of pants wetters running things now.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is why I am planing to get some bullet proof vests for my nephews and my God son because i obviously don't know who "they" are.
A bullet proof vest won't protect against bombs.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:00 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
One less day at the Gov. indoctrination center is a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yep, this kind of stuff has went on for years. We pulled fire alarms as a juvenile stunt when I was in school. I'd hate to think about getting caught doing that today.

I think we've crossed a new boundary now. It's not one school that is closed but the entire district, a rather big one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

So, if you have couple of nephews attending that particular school, you don't want the school officials to warn you about the potential terrorist threat?

lol Really?

Old 12-15-2015, 09:04 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Threats are received all the time.

My own school district received one not too long ago - and no schools were closed.

I would think there is A LOT more to this that is yet to be divulged.
Could be just a kid who wants an extended holiday.

Lots of Americans think small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies