Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 09:01 AM

684 posts, read 825,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What the people who directly know the people feel is meaningless in the context of this discussion of overall public sentiment.
Why?

Clearly, if public sentiment is what is important, then if public sentiment is against you in terms of gun control then you would be on the wrong end of that.

That's if you used the public sentiment argument.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:07 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,427,707 times
Story released that terrorists threaten people "OMG youre just paranoid and a bigot"

Incident happens "OMG why didnt anyone see this coming???"

Old 12-18-2015, 09:09 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Why?

Clearly, if public sentiment is what is important, then if public sentiment is against you in terms of gun control then you would be on the wrong end of that.

That's if you used the public sentiment argument.
Public sentiment is important, in many cases it is more important than the facts.

Not everyone who dies in a car accident is innocent or perceived innocent....EVEN BY THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS.

I have no idea what language you are speaking and what you are trying to convey with your gun control statement.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:18 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Story released that terrorists threaten people "OMG youre just paranoid and a bigot"

Incident happens "OMG why didnt anyone see this coming???"
Right, al they're doing is following through on what the Pervert Prophet demands of them....all you Infidels Convert, pay the tax, or die.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:43 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Because they left O'Reilly out that proves liberal bias? hmmm..ok sure

Simon says, "Comprehend what you read".

El Nox

Old 12-18-2015, 10:29 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Sounds like a hoax with a multiple-choice test. They don't normally give you option 2. It's either convert or die.
LOL I don't think they'd give you the option to convert. That's impossible because how can someone just immediately start following a religion if they know nothing about it?

Realistically they probably see everyone not born Muslim as a race "unworthy" of their religion and use that as justification to commit atrocious crimes. I'm pretty sure they'd be horrified at the idea of a "filthy infidel" attempting to want to join their "pure" religion.

So if they give any options at all (as opposed to simply prepare to die), it's likely a hoax.

Hell, any threat (advanced notice) at all is likely a hoax. How can they commit their terrorism if people have already cleared out the area?

Old 12-18-2015, 11:28 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That's impossible because how can someone just immediately start following a religion if they know nothing about it?

Some time ago captured Boko Harem thugs were captured who knew nothing of the Koran.

El Nox

Old 12-18-2015, 11:40 AM

684 posts, read 825,336 times
Quote:
Public sentiment is important, in many cases it is more important than the facts.

Not everyone who dies in a car accident is innocent or perceived innocent....EVEN BY THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS.

I have no idea what language you are speaking and what you are trying to convey with your gun control statement.
Quote:
wtf? Lol.
Quote:
It reminds me of the first vegetarian I ever met. Very vocal and preachy....and fat.
Quote:
I am sure you have a hard time understanding the difference.
Do you really not know? I can quote my previous post that spelled out very specifically what my aim was in posting that.

Are you aware of how you come across on the internet? A brief search of your posts made me think you aren't genuine in asking, especially since I very specifically spelled out the reason for that aside. If you are aggressive in your next post, I simply won't reply. I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, however and provide you the chance to step back from your posting and see how you come across.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:56 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Do you really not know? I can quote my previous post that spelled out very specifically what my aim was in posting that.

Are you aware of how you come across on the internet? A brief search of your posts made me think you aren't genuine in asking, especially since I very specifically spelled out the reason for that aside. If you are aggressive in your next post, I simply won't reply. I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, however and provide you the chance to step back from your posting and see how you come across.
If you have no response to the message, attack the messenger.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:03 PM

387 posts, read 356,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
It's not gonna happen here. Well I might happen once or twice then people are gonna start get shot. You'll have a civil war before Muslims are going to come into houses and decapitate people. There are going to be a F load of people getting shot entering houses. I can guarantee you anyone entering my house is gonna get a few lead souvenirs to take with them.

The bombs can happen. I think we're very weak in that angle.

Remember we can go under martial law

But I like the choices. Join up, extortion or die. And this is the religion of peace?

Yea, but when its 5+ of them armed with AK's your going to be in deep **** even if you have a whole arsenal in your house...

Unlike the "Lone White guy attackers" most Muslim terrorists operate in groups.....

Bomb attacks (pipe bomb, pressure cooker, fertilizer bomb etc) are basically unpreventable....All you have to do is assemble bomb and put it near a crowded event and do damage...Basically impossible to prevent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies