Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2015, 09:01 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Fox?
yes, local fox news stations are usually pretty darned good- I'm not talking about "Fox and fiends"

Old 12-17-2015, 09:04 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Notice how Saudi Arabia and Iran want nothing to do with young homeless men?
Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of ISIL and Al Queda, why do you think they would want to house the collateral damage of their radical Wahhabism?

Old 12-17-2015, 09:15 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Disagreeing with Obama does not equal "hate" Old Guard.
Complaining about him in a thread about Sweden and crying about what his wife wears is hate.
Quote:
I just think he's a lousy president. Why not open a thread about it instead. Maybe that will make you feel better. This thread is about ISIS threats. I don't think Obama is handling that well in our country.
I don't think Obama is handling it in our country. We have several national security agencies and local police and law enforcement agencies for that. Regardless this is a thread about something in Sweden, not the United States. I also strongly believe this is not done by ISIS.
Quote:
I don't want to become a Sweden anytime soon. I believe I'm allowed to think differently than you, am I not?
I have no problem with that. But blaming the US president for what is happening in Sweden is pretty pathetic.
Quote:
It's my own fault, no worries, I voted for the disappointment. I admit fault. I plan to change my ways.
A lot of people voted for him. The slogan was "Hope" and he won. I am not surprised that people who were suckered in feel bad about it.
Quote:
Great! Ok, we good? You have your opinion and I have mine. We disagree, yes, but, we agree that we disagree so it's all okie dokie.

Don't worry, I don't HATE Obama, but I do not want him in the White House anymore.
Well he is there, you voted for him. The world does not revolve around you.
Quote:
I'm disappointed in how he is handling terror, healthcare, and the divide he seems to enjoy creating in our country. I think he should be uniting us in the face of divide instead. Again, my opinion. Go on and have your own opinion fun.
Wasn't healthcare his platform? Also I do not see him creating the divide, I see people like you adding to it.

Frankly the President has very limited power in the US. He cannot magically make the economy better nor can he stop terrorism....especially in SWEDEN!

When you figure that out you may be happier.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:17 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
https://www.rt.com/news/322926-terro...tockholm-isis/
They just arrested a suspected terrorist at one of the refugee shelters in Sweden. I don't think it will be the last as they are still looking for others suspected in a terror plot. Sweden is on high alert.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:31 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
You can stop humping my leg at anytime...

Changing my opinion won't change the facts. The facts being that we and 1/2 the world now have to adjust to yearly terrorist planned attacks. Forgive me for not wanting to.

Using death numbers to justify ignoring this problem doesn't fly with me either. When Mr. Prez states it's only 42 lives and compared to car accidents or gang shootings "it's really not that many" it makes my skin crawl.
What kind of leader demeans the lives of resent terrorist victims? Oh, at least it's only #? No biggie? Really?
No thanks. My opinion stands, it's mine and I'll keep it. You can go hump someone else's leg now.
Uh, let's compare the deaths by terrorists compared to death by fellow citizens. Why aren't you more concerned about the amount of violence done by citizens? You realize, based solely on the #'s, that you are more likely to die by a fellow citizen than by some terrorist group, right? Why aren't you concerned about it?

Old 12-17-2015, 09:40 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Complaining about him in a thread about Sweden and crying about what his wife wears is hate.

I don't think Obama is handling it in our country. We have several national security agencies and local police and law enforcement agencies for that. Regardless this is a thread about something in Sweden, not the United States. I also strongly believe this is not done by ISIS.

I have no problem with that. But blaming the US president for what is happening in Sweden is pretty pathetic.

A lot of people voted for him. The slogan was "Hope" and he won. I am not surprised that people who were suckered in feel bad about it.

Wasn't healthcare his platform? Also I do not see him creating the divide, I see people like you adding to it.

Frankly the President has very limited power in the US. He cannot magically make the economy better nor can he stop terrorism....especially in SWEDEN!

Great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh, let's compare the deaths by terrorists compared to death by fellow citizens. Why aren't you more concerned about the amount of violence done by citizens? You realize, based solely on the #'s, that you are more likely to die by a fellow citizen than by some terrorist group, right? Why aren't you concerned about it?
Still Obama's fault, I hope you know that.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post

Wow, I'm hungry so I'm going to go eat but A+ for length! Merry Christmas M!! Oh crap, I see ATG5 is here. I should run before I'm gang banged.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
LMAO! Very funny thefragile, very funny. ha ha Have fun with your buddies.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:46 AM

684 posts, read 825,194 times
Quote:
Let's compare deaths by shooting to deaths on the motorway.

Why aren't you more concerned by the amount of violence done on roadways? You realize, based solely on the #'s, that you are more likely to die in a car than by some gun-toting lunatic, right? Why aren't you concerned about it?

There is an easy answer for that, of course, just like there's an easy answer for your questions: Terrorism scares the person you were speaking more than road accidents and more than random gun-violence. He feels like there is something he can do about terrorism compared to acts of random violence.

If I were to guess, I would say you are less likely to encourage something be done about radical terrorism because you're afraid it will result in violence against a largely innocent minority group. If I were to guess, I would say he's less likely to encourage something be done about random gun violence because he's afraid it will result in tyranny and the stripping away of freedoms.

If you feel he's wrong about -this particular issue-, then explain to him why he's wrong -on this particular issue- and provide alternative solutions that are better than his. Saying there are other things which are more dangerous is a double-edged sword that can just as easily be used against you and is just as likely to change your mind as my redirection to car deaths was to change yours.

I did a search on your previous posts and am guessing you aren't likely to say, "You're right. Why was I wasting time on random gun violence when car deaths are far more pressing? Let's ban cars!", but feel free to tell me I'm wrong and I will dutifully feel silly.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
LMAO! Very funny thefragile, very funny. ha ha Have fun with your buddies.
What's so funny about it? Why aren't you concerned about the level of violence in this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies