Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 06:09 AM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The Christian God & the Jewish God are two different religions & two different Gods. Hence the reason most of the Jewish people don't believe that Jesus was the chosen one.
I'm not sure that's at all correct.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
On what planet?
None in our solar system.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Don't diss the regressive left and let Islam be taught in our schools for the sake of multiculturalism. Mmkay?
1. Progressive left.
2. Regressive right.
3. Teaching a very few things about a world religion, is not teaching the religion. Use your head. A child goes to an American school for about 2,340 days. Maybe in all that time things about Islam is taught for what equates to 1 or 2 days. 2 out of 2,340 days is hardly preaching a religion.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Thats a lie. She'll be an instant retired millionaire if that happened.
Funny, 33 years as a professional public educator, most of that time as an administrator, and not once did I ever see a teacher become a retired millionaire. Not once. And most of my career was spent in the rather litigious Washington, D.C. area.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
With all due respect, I am SO tired of hearing about how easily Muslims get insulted.
I don't mind Muslims being insulted when people are saying or writing things with the intent of insulting them and their beliefs...which happens all too often. But I tire of them being insulted when no insult is intended.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:37 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,111,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Then what is the difference that non-Muslims are being insulted at their children learning to write the Shahadah?

If I am insulted by it, it is wrong for me to be insulted. But if non-Muslims are insulted by the very same thing, (Non-Muslim children writing the Shahadah) it is appropriate for them to be insulted.
Seriously, Muslim folks need to get into the 21st century, where people find joy and honor in learning about one another. Pleasee put away all these "insults to the faith" business and join the modern world! I too am sick of all these "insults" that Muslims feel at the slightest unintended "insults." It's ridiculous.

Grow a pair and join the 21st century. Otherwise, go in a corner and sulk on your own. Don't blame the rest of the world for your own heightened sensitivity.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:40 AM

1,261 posts, read 951,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Seriously, Muslim folks need to get into the 21st century, where people find joy and honor in learning about one another. Pleasee put away all these "insults to the faith" business and join the modern world! I too am sick of all these "insults" that Muslims feel at the slightest unintended "insults." It's ridiculous.

Grow a pair and join the 21st century. Otherwise, go in a corner and sulk on your own. Don't blame the rest of the world for your own heightened sensitivity.
This is ridiculous. This whole thread is about Christians being offended, yet people are singling out Woodrow for being offended at the exact same thing?!?

Old 12-17-2015, 06:48 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Pretty sure its been pointed out already that nobody wants schools to teach their kids a religious anything. Calm down ffs, no need for a jihad.
I was simply making a point.

Can you imagine the uproar if a Group of Muslims had protested and demanded non-Muslim Children not be allowed to write the Shahadah in the Calligraphic script?

There would be non-Muslim groups demanding that since it is a public school the children had a right to learn Arabic Calligraphy if the teacher desired to teach it.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:01 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I was simply making a point.
So was I.

One more time, nobody wants schools to teach their kids religious anything. Period. So you can stop with the self-righteousness, and you can put the victim card away.

Quote:
Can you imagine the uproar if a Group of Muslims had protested and demanded non-Muslim Children not be allowed to write the Shahadah in the Calligraphic script?
Can you imagine the uproar if a public school had taught some christian or jewish something? Pretty sure the ACLU might even get involved on that one.

Quote:
There would be non-Muslim groups demanding that since it is a public school the children had a right to learn Arabic Calligraphy if the teacher desired to teach it.
And they would be 100% wrong. School curriculum is not up to the whims and desires of the teacher.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:01 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times
This whole lesson has no place in school. Something STEM would be fine. English vocabulary would be fine. Grammatical construction would be fine. Civics. History

Calligraphy in art class ok but not religion based script

Teacher needs some serious retraining in curriculum planning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies