Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:40 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times

Advertisements

I live a couple of miles from the Rose Bowl. All week on the news you heard how stepped up security was, I guess that didn't include the air space.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:12 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,480,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I live a couple of miles from the Rose Bowl. All week on the news you heard how stepped up security was, I guess that didn't include the air space.

Evidently not. That plane could have just as easily been spraying a deadly gas.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:33 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
The last time I looked, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights were still in effect, so freedom of speech -- even in the sky over the Rose Bowl -- is still perfectly legal, however much the Trumplets dislike being reminded that not everybody thinks Donald Trump is fit to be POTUS.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:36 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Planes fly over events all the time carrying banners or doing skywriting. This is nothing new.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:22 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
That's what I mean, or crashed on purpose into the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Planes fly over events all the time carrying banners or doing skywriting. This is nothing new.

You're missing the point. All week on the local LA news all we heard about(and it was on the national news) how strict security was going to be at the Rose Parade/Bowl. There was the FBI, Homeland Security, local police, etc. Yet some guy in a plane flies right over. So much for security.

They could certainly restrict airspace over the area at least for the day.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:38 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Turns out it was paid for by a Rubio supporter (per the Today Show this morning)
A new low in politics.

Apparently Jeb's PAC liked it, too.

Jeb Bush PAC Chief Praises Anti-Donald Trump Skywriting

Old 01-02-2016, 08:48 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Why are people wasting their time and money trying to take down Trump? He's not going to get the GOP nomination no matter how much the mainstream media wants it to happen.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:19 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,548,273 times
Quote:
That's what I mean, or crashed on purpose into the crowd.

You're missing the point. All week on the local LA news all we heard about(and it was on the national news) how strict security was going to be at the Rose Parade/Bowl. There was the FBI, Homeland Security, local police, etc. Yet some guy in a plane flies right over. So much for security.

They could certainly restrict airspace over the area at least for the day.

ahhh. You are making correct observations, but coming to the wrong conclusions.

There IS NO Legit "War on Terror." Anymore than there was a "War on Drugs" or "War on Poverty."

You started out with some quality observations, but just did not make it to the end.

There is no real security, because there is no actual real Terror.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:59 PM

599 posts, read 401,799 times
Luther Stan Pate IV a millionaire Marco Rubio donor is behind the publicity stunt. I'm nineteen and I find this stunt quite immature. I mean these are grown ass men and they are acting like children! I'm a Republican but both sides of the aisle have major problems and from personal experience they are owned by lobbyist instead of the American people.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:02 PM

599 posts, read 401,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Actually I didn't have an opinion of Trump or anyone I vote independent but I'm registered republican, but after I saw that stunt today at the rose Parade I decided to spend the day reading about Trump. I actually like the guy I'm about 99% sure I will vote for him. If I knew who wrote the sky writing I want to thank them for getting me to actually listen to what Trump had to say. Lot of what he says is taken out of context he speaks the truth. CNN keeps trying their best to derail his campaign but all they do is make him more and more popular and making CNN look worse.
Luther Stan Pate IV a millionaire Marco Rubio donor is behind the publicity stunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies