Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 08:22 PM

862 posts, read 519,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I wish that was all they wanted. If it was, this probably would have been resolved a long time ago. Ehud Barak and Bill Clinton offered Arafat the portion of Jerusalem where the Arabs lived in exchange for a sliver of the West Bank where Jews lived, and the Arabs flatly rejected it.
Rabble rabble settlements, rabble rabble zionist, rabble rabble apartheid.

These people have no argument. It just funny to me at this point. Funny and very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 08:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You just explained why the Jewish God of the Old Testament is not the same God as the Christian God of the New Testament.
No. The Old Testament prophesises the coming of the Messiah... God made flesh. There is no such prophesy for Allah.

And when Jesus was preaching his message he was preaching as a Jew. He never considered himself anything other than a Jew and neither did his followers.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:26 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
They still believe in the same God, Islam considers Jesus one of the prophets, they just consider Mohammed to be the last prophet.

I hate to burst your bubble but they all come from the same source.
As I suspected, you are incapable of learning anything. Just because Mohamed appropriated Jesus (because it was convenient for him to do so) doesn't mean they are the same. In Islam Jesus is a Muslim, not a Christian.

But there is no sense in arguing with someone incapable of processing basic facts.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:38 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Repeat

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-04-2016 at 08:51 PM..

Old 01-04-2016, 08:39 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
[quote=sxrckr;42508841]I think they just choose to be on the opposing side of anything republicans or conserives are, no matter the facts. Just like for Hillary, that is their "enemy" and God forbid they should ever admit their "enemy" is right on anything that is so true."

I dated a woman who no matter what the topic would draw a dividing line between Dem and Repub. It didn't even matter if it was a liberal or conservative issue, it was all about her tribe and being right. I believe the Zealotry of the Left is most similar to the Religous Zealotry of the Right.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
But there is no sense in arguing with someone incapable of processing basic facts.
Basic facts? I thought we were discussing religions and you fell into the my-god-is-real-their-god-is-fake trap.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
[quote=LS Jaun;42510705]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I think they just choose to be on the opposing side of anything republicans or conserives are, no matter the facts. Just like for Hillary, that is their "enemy" and God forbid they should ever admit their "enemy" is right on anything that is so true."

I dated a woman who no matter what the topic would draw a dividing line between Dem and Repub. It didn't even matter if it was a liberal or conservative issue, it was all about her tribe and being right. I believe the Zealotry of the Left is most similar to the Religous Zealotry of the Right.
Agreed and how!

Old 01-04-2016, 08:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
And Israel offered them exactly that multiple times, and they said no every single time.

So why exactly should we feel bad for these people?

This conflict isn't about land, its about Muslim refusal to have any state with Jews in the mideast.

Period, end of story.
Maybe so, but none of the multiple offers were what the Palestinians or Arabs wanted because it didn't meet what they were asking for.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I wish that was all they wanted. If it was, this probably would have been resolved a long time ago. Ehud Barak and Bill Clinton offered Arafat the portion of Jerusalem where the Arabs lived in exchange for a sliver of the West Bank where Jews lived, and the Arabs flatly rejected it.
Jews shouldn't be living on Palestinians or Arab land to begin with.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
As I suspected, you are incapable of learning anything. Just because Mohamed appropriated Jesus (because it was convenient for him to do so) doesn't mean they are the same. In Islam Jesus is a Muslim, not a Christian.

You try and try, but they come from the same religion and worship the same God even if you can't bring yourself to admit that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies