Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 12:50 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,549,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Looks like Cliven Bundy has chosen "You're not the boss of me" as a legal defense strategy. Bold move, let's see how it plays out.

Cliven Bundy refuses to enter plea in Federal Court | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KSNV

I mean, the judge could shrug and say "Well, that's a first: You've got us dead to rights, Mr. Bundy. I do not in fact have any authority over you at all. Bailiff, set the not-defendant free and apologize for his trouble."

Old 03-13-2016, 12:37 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
That was pretty good, and without too much bias. I hope people will take the time to read it.

It's really sad that the actions of a few people with their own agendas escalated what Ammon Bundy, and LaVoy Finicum wanted to be a peaceful protest, that would come to a quick, and peaceful resolution.
Not so peaceful. While Ammon didn't pack a weapon around, he came armed to the teeth, as did all the others. They were peacefully willing to trip the triggers on any authority who challenged them directly at any time.
Most of them made a huge display of their weaponry from the time they arrive until they all left. And the left dozens of guns behind them.

The only thing Ammon worried about was sudden escalation to lethal violence. He brought in his chosen threepers, but he didn't know how to manage so many more when they began to arrive. His boy LaVoy was as ready as any of them, but he could talk down the hottest heads in the bunch. And Ammon let him do it.

There were a bunch of those occupiers who wanted a shootout with the FBI. They twice tried to goad the FBI into a shootout by confronting them at the building they were using as headquarters about 15 miles down the road from the refuge.

These people were not peaceful. They just didn't want to be massacred, even though they wanted to start the fight. It was that fear that kept a shootout from happening, not the righteousness of the Bundy cause.

LaVoy Finnicum was not the only person in the standoff who had a death wish.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:39 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why is Cliven carrying the U.S. flag?
Because everything below the hat is all ass.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:42 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,763,790 times
Muricaaaaaaa!!!!! The government is only legit if my guy is in office.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:47 AM

991 posts, read 629,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why is Cliven carrying the U.S. flag?
Because everything below the hat is all ass.
Get out of the basement more often.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:04 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,110,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not so peaceful. While Ammon didn't pack a weapon around, he came armed to the teeth, as did all the others. They were peacefully willing to trip the triggers on any authority who challenged them directly at any time.
Most of them made a huge display of their weaponry from the time they arrive until they all left. And the left dozens of guns behind them.

The only thing Ammon worried about was sudden escalation to lethal violence. He brought in his chosen threepers, but he didn't know how to manage so many more when they began to arrive. His boy LaVoy was as ready as any of them, but he could talk down the hottest heads in the bunch. And Ammon let him do it.

There were a bunch of those occupiers who wanted a shootout with the FBI. They twice tried to goad the FBI into a shootout by confronting them at the building they were using as headquarters about 15 miles down the road from the refuge.

These people were not peaceful. They just didn't want to be massacred, even though they wanted to start the fight. It was that fear that kept a shootout from happening, not the righteousness of the Bundy cause.

LaVoy Finnicum was not the only person in the standoff who had a death wish.
That was not the occupiers, it was the Idaho Three Percenters. The Idaho Three Percenters left the refuge when they were told by the leaders of the occupation that they were not wanted.

The Idaho Three Percenters then went to the local airport, and stood across the road from were the FBI was staging, it was the FBI that confronted the Idaho Three Percenters. There was no real confrontation, the two groups spoke briefly, shook hands, and the FBI went back into the airport grounds.

I've said it many times, I didn't support the occupation of the refuge, but lets be perfectly clear, it was a peaceful protest, nobody was injured by the protesters.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
That is actually not true - he been telling the police to kill him since the first stop. I still don't understand why the conspiracy theorists won't believe Finicum's own words.
Not true? You forgot to show the lies... LOL!
What he said v. what we see and hear.

You would think he was screaming I'm gonna kill you.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:21 AM

13,231 posts, read 21,853,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I've said it many times, I didn't support the occupation of the refuge, but lets be perfectly clear, it was a peaceful protest, nobody was injured by the protesters.
So if this was your home they were occupying with guns, you'd call that a "peaceful protest" as well?

Old 03-13-2016, 10:25 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Not true? You forgot to show the lies... LOL!
What he said v. what we see and hear.

You would think he was screaming I'm gonna kill you.
Watch the video, he was screaming that the officers were going to have to kill him, and just shoot me, from the FIRST stop on. He was screaming it at the second stop before the two shots are fired, as can be heard on the video taken by Cox.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:33 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,153,367 times
Protestors.......all hat and no cattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies