Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:04 PM

143 posts, read 159,032 times

Advertisements

Half a decade into the conflict as Assad makes large gains in conjunction with Russian air strikes it is looking increasingly likely that Saudai Arabia and Turkey will step up involvement possibly resulting in a ground invasion if Assad refuses to step down.

How do you think the conflict will unfold over the following months and years? Will we see a peace deal soon with Assad holding onto the country? Will the country be divided? Will we see a Saudi/Turkish invasion followed by massive Russian/Iranian retaliation? Will the US be stuck between its NATO ally Turkey and it's long standing Kurdish Middle Eastern allies?

Most wouldn't have predicted strong Russian involvement a few months ago or for Assad to be in the position he is now, but here we are? How do you think this conflict will unfold and how will it be resolved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 03:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
It reminds me of a dog chasing its tail. Some times he catches it but can't hold on and then he's back chasing it again. This is the never ending story. It won't be resolved in a hundred years. To many factions who can't get along. Each with their own view of how to practice a death cult veiled as religion. This is one face of diversity without the rule of law. It changes but it never evolves.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,893,118 times
Well I say let Russia spend their cash, put wear and tear on their equipment and be the world cop for a change.
Let them put their troops in harms way.
I mean I know we have a UN, but look how effective they are.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:54 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,554,410 times
Turkey and Saudi Arabia will get involved shortly. Iran will fight both, along with Assad's army and Russia's Air Force.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:36 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
The US needs to stay the hell out of it, regardless of what happens. No more American servicemen and women should die to save people in the Middle East. There is nothing and no one there worth one American life.

If Putin and Assad can keep the lid on Islamic extremists, great. If not, no big deal, let them kill each other off.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:17 AM

599 posts, read 402,302 times
I see this conflict evolving from a civil war into a war between stability and destabilization.

The United States must change it's foreign policy position on Syria by supporting the
opposition as in all honesty we don't have a clue on who our allies are in Syria with the exception of the Kurdish forces. If it was up to me we would end all support for the opposition in Syria and instead coordinate air strikes against ISIS positions with the Russian Federation. I despise Assad though it's either him or the unknown taking his place.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:20 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I see this conflict evolving from a civil war into a war between stability and destabilization.

The United States must change it's foreign policy position on Syria by supporting the
opposition as in all honesty we don't have a clue on who our allies are in Syria with the exception of the Kurdish forces. If it was up to me we would end all support for the opposition in Syria and instead coordinate air strikes against ISIS positions with the Russian Federation. I despise Assad though it's either him or the unknown taking his place.
Agreed, this is the best strategy. It sure beats all the war mongering of no fly zones and pushing up against the Russians that the {R}s and Hillary have been proposing. Bomb Isis out of there and let it play out.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Default How do you see the Syrian conflict evolving?

Except for the weaponry employed, nothing is different or "evolved" in this Syrian slaughter than in all of the mindless violence that has characterized the middle east over the past 10,000 years. The Arabs hate one another with a passion that the rest of the world just won't accept but will never be able to change.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:04 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,997,571 times
I say that the United States completely stays out of it . I wouldn't even send any supplies, except for the Kurds. Let russia bomb everyone and turn the hate towards Russia.

Trump even said, Let Russia Bomb them .

Old 02-15-2016, 11:12 AM

68,343 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It reminds me of a dog chasing its tail. Some times he catches it but can't hold on and then he's back chasing it again. This is the never ending story. It won't be resolved in a hundred years. To many factions who can't get along. Each with their own view of how to practice a death cult veiled as religion. This is one face of diversity without the rule of law. It changes but it never evolves.
And he probably still doesn't know WHY.

Better late than never we learn that non-intervention can be the wisest choice and policy, defend our country, and let those so inclined kill each other off if they so choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies